Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Take a look at this screen shot from Monday, see the damage meter? now look at the bottom where it says 153, that's the amount of players in a 40 foot radius around the boss, i'm sure you can name plenty of games that would handle 150+ players in that area without having to phase them into multiple instances.

WOW SO MANY PLAYERS! Oh wait no it's not. Also please the game starts to get really laggy then. The sharding tech for Rift is really poor. But we weren't debating the amount of players were we? We were debating how it handles it. And I know for a fact from experience that the sharding tech is pisspoor and starts to lag like crazy when it gets crowded.

Point that was made that the stability of the sharding tech is garbage. Which it is. That's been proven since the start of Starfall. There are games that have had this tech in for a few years but this isn't about them. This is about Rift.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-01 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a look at this screen shot from Monday, see the damage meter? now look at the bottom where it says 153, that's the amount of players in a 40 foot radius around the boss, i'm sure you can name plenty of games that would handle 150+ players in that area without having to phase them into multiple instances.
    Now, please defend the LAG issues on the forums. MULTIPLE THREADS.

Oh, wait - we can see the lag in that static screen-shot.

Conveniently, no date either. I call BS. Thread on the forums says otherwise - that the event / getting LFR on the NA shard is almost impossible unless it's on RAID RESET night. I don't believe you.

You know they couldn't fix it and extended the timer because of it. You can't dispute that. That is the way RIFT Devs "fix" things - they make work-arounds.

All you can do is link other periods in more successful games, make comparisons to RIFT to when they made bad choices - gaming failures - because RIFT STARFALL prophecy "is" a failure.

Defend all the other facts I've posted and points I and many others have raised.

You're like a marketing guy. I push a fact forward. You use a dismiss and talk about something else. You can't ever acknowledge the problems.

Also, that list probably includes pets - and if not, for an event that includes EVERY eligible player on ALL of EU servers?

Yeah, I'm sure Trion is proud of those numbers. 150 players from ALL shards on entire EU. Woo Hoo!

Hahahahahahaha, too funny, hang on, hard to type as i roll around on the floor in laughter....yeah, i'm getting the new Nvidia GTX 1080Ti flown in by private courier later, no expense spared...

So, did you joked/implied that they sent you a card for promoting the game - did Trion buy you the Founders Edition card, or?

Like previous posters have said. Keep bumping. Let more people know just how bad the game has become.

I'll just go back and like each and every thread - each and every failure - from the official RIFT forums - and there are many.

RIFT: Starfall Prophecy BUYER BEWARE.

I won't have people waste their money being tricked and trapped (no refund) by a guy who shamelessly punts a broken (PLEASE FIX THE BUGS - ANOTHER THREAD TODAY FROM THE FORUMS), buggy game.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-03-01 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    we can see the lag in that static screen-shot.

Conveniently, no date either.
    You should apply to join the X-Men if you can spot lag in a static screenshot, sorry Rift doesn't actually stamp dates on the screenshot itself but if you look to the right where the quests are, you can just make out the weekly quest to collect 4 boughs from the boss, that weekly was only added on Feb. 23rd in hotfix #17

* A new weekly quest to complete the Cracking Xarth’s Skull zone event is now available from Jinan Tawniks in Alittu.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post44692103

So there's your proof, i don't deal in bull crap, i deal in facts and provide direct quotes, links and screenshots, i said it was taken on Monday and have provided proof that if you don't believe that, you have to believe that it was taken at least in the past week.

did you joked/implied that they sent you a card for promoting the game - did Trion buy you the Founders Edition card
    Now you're just been silly, why on Earth would Trion send me a GTX 1080Ti or anything for that matter? i only ever received two things from Trion and both of those were won on the Live stream over the past few years, you yourself won 2 or 3 items on the stream should i also insinuate you're really a Trion shill and your rants are just a front?

You should apply to join the X-Men if you can spot lag in a static screenshot, sorry Rift doesn't actually stamp dates on the screenshot itself but if you look to the right where the quests are, you can just make out the weekly quest to collect 4 boughs from the boss, that weekly was only added on Feb. 23rd in hotfix #17

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post44692103

So there's your proof, i don't deal in bull crap, i deal in facts and provide direct quotes, links and screenshots, i said it was taken on Monday and have provided proof that if you don't believe that, you have to believe that it was taken at least in the past week.

Now you're just been silly, why on Earth would Trion send me a GTX 1080Ti or anything for that matter? i only ever received two things from Trion and both of those were won on the Live stream over the past few years, you yourself won 2 or 3 items on the stream should i also insinuate you're really a Trion shill and your rants are just a front?
    So you have no actual arguments to the mass amount of critique threads being made on the official forums? The lag, the bugs and the lack of quality and polish that people are reporting at the moment? Gotcha

Also so what? We weren't really discussing the amount of players more how the server handles it. Which is poorly.

10+ Year Old Account
    You STILL haven't addressed any of the issues with RIFT, the masses of links and forum threads I've linked (and others have linked) confirming that RIFT:Starfall Prophecy is probably the WORST MMORPG of 2017 ?

I'll leave it up to you dear reader to check them out and see just how far up Trion World's butt this Slipmat guy is.

He has nothing to say about the issues, to defend them - BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY.

All he does is compare other game's failures, bad decision periods to RIFT at present - So, an OLD failure compared to CURRENT one.

RIFT: Starfall Prophecy BUYER BEWARE!

Tricks, Traps, NO REFUND.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Also so what? We weren't really discussing the amount of players more how the server handles it. Which is poorly.
    You know what makes me chuckle? Look, we all know the forums are full of complaints about LAG and the Fortress Siege event is basically a testament that Trion's engine and servers can't handle other players without 10 second or higher ability lag (even his DPS meter shows he did only 21k and one guy did 114k - so there is PLAIN evidence of lag in his screenshot. A guy like him should be doing 250~400k or so. Most should be AT LEAST 200k.

Secondly - that he is bragging about PRIME TIME of an event and 150 people from ALL of the EU (all servers are combined) participated and he is saying "RIFT population is fine" - 150 players. LoL. He didn't dispute that it's likely 20% of those or more are probably pets too.

- - - Updated - - -

...you yourself won 2 or 3 items on the stream should i also insinuate you're really a Trion shill and your rants are just a front?
    Actually, looking at their CM team choices, their marketing and business model, their DEV team's apparent inexperience, their apparent lack of management and inability of planning and ability for adherence to time schedules, I wouldn't put it past them to hire someone who hates their games to promote them. Try sell it to upper management as "reverse psychology"

Like most of their latest content delivery, game design and other "great plans" (oh, wait the Producers Letter and "Plan for 2017" only coming in April), they're not exactly acting like any of them have much of a clue.

I could really see someone dumb enough to think like that - besides you suggesting it of course - same team?
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-03-01 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    his DPS meter shows he did only 21k and one guy did 114k - so there is PLAIN evidence of lag in his screenshot. A guy like him should be doing 250~400k or so. Most should be AT LEAST 200k.
    For someone who played Rift for a few years you really are clueless, take a look at the screenshot again, in fact, right-click it and 'view image' so it goes full screen.

Now look at the numbers and more importantly the names flying around from my spells and abilities, penny dropping yet? if still clueless look at the raid frames for class type.

Also, this is a boss, all bosses have built in resists and high damage mitigation, which is why you can do 200k DPS to a normal mob in the Open World, you start wacking an Elite you notice your damage is less, you hit a boss and your damage is significantly reduced because of the boss's built in resists...the more you know.....

I also notice that it says 33 FPS too, which is extremely low considering that there are far less than 150 on screen. I frequently dip under 20 FPS in some of the more populated areas in Rift, excluding Margle Palace which was just a complete mess from the word go, and even lower than that during well populated world events. That's with middling settings that roughly hit about 30 FPS during a 20 man raid without dropping the quality all the way to PS1 Era block monster graphics.

FF 14 on the other hand runs at a steady 60 FPS even in Idylshire and Limsa, the two most populated regions of the game usually. Were I to remove the Frame Rate Limiter I know for a fact that I can hit as much as 100 FPS in those same areas, even with people throwing AoE's around too. In solo play I've even been at well over 150 FPS. This is with all the settings at maximum! Comparatively, it's very hard to argue that Rift is a well optimised game. Especially since it's now starting to show it's age with it's models and animations.

Moving on, I do enjoy playing Planetside 2, which is an MMO that routenely has well over 150 players in the same areas, you can get upwards of 1000 when there's an alert happening and everyone is fighting for the same points. Even with that many players, tanks, aircraft and even player built bases the game doesn't experience server lag often. GW2 also handles these kind of massive player events just fine too most of the time. Rift is really the odd one out here, there've been "Lag boss" encounters for as long as I can remember playing it. I really don't think expecting that Trion can support a mere 153 players in one area is too much of an ask - Plenty of other games have been handling much more for much longer and doing a better job.

You know what makes me chuckle? Look, we all know the forums are full of complaints about LAG and the Fortress Siege event is basically a testament that Trion's engine and servers can't handle other players without 10 second or higher ability lag (even his DPS meter shows he did only 21k and one guy did 114k - so there is PLAIN evidence of lag in his screenshot. A guy like him should be doing 250~400k or so. Most should be AT LEAST 200k.

Secondly - that he is bragging about PRIME TIME of an event and 150 people from ALL of the EU (all servers are combined) participated and he is saying "RIFT population is fine" - 150 players. LoL. He didn't dispute that it's likely 20% of those or more are probably pets too.
    I can, sort of, understand that the DPS meter is a bit off. They do tend to track only when the player with them is in combat, and world events do tend to be very stop-start when everyone gets maybe one hit off on a mob before it dies. That being said, there's what looks like a boss in view, and lots of AoE opportunities for meter padding, so I'm shocked that the numbers are so low. Hell, those were even low in an NTE at 65!

The 150 people thing is what's really worrying though. It could be that lag and connectivity issues are keeping people away, but I think it's more than likely at this point that the player base has indeed shrunk to the point at which 150 is considered "a lot" of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slipmat - I'm tired of you - so cut/paste

You STILL haven't addressed any of the issues with RIFT, the masses of links and forum threads I've linked (and others have linked) confirming that RIFT:Starfall Prophecy is probably the WORST MMORPG of 2017 ?

I'll leave it up to you dear reader to check them out and see just how far up Trion World's butt this Slipmat guy is.

He has nothing to say about the issues, to defend them - BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY.

All he does is compare other game's failures, bad decision periods to RIFT at present - So, an OLD failure compared to CURRENT one.

Tbh I'm genuinely curious how many people in total are playing Rift these days. Steam is around 600-700 so how many are using the non Steam client?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-01 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh I'm genuinely curious how many people in total are playing Rift these days. Steam is around 600-700 so how many are using the non Steam client?
    Most are AFK probably because population is so bad, you are rewarded "affinity points" as long as you stay logged in. You don't get d/c'ed like other games. I would put it at about 4,500 to 5000 players total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unbelievable, can any of you even look at a screenshot and determine how it works? it's listing numbers in terms of the healing so what you're looking at are the 10 people doing the most heals not DPS so of course it shows low DPS because those 10 people are healers.

Here's a screenshot i found that's on the same boss, different time when i was DPS, hope it clarifies the difference between showing Healing and DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 77 people, slippy - what happened to the others? I see the FPS went up a bit - of course, also much less people on screen.

Can admit I read the dps meter wrong. but...

So again Slipmat you have no response to people who are posting on the forums with lag issues, performance issues, bugs and overall lack of quality of the game? Gotcha.

Ok here's something better. Give ME a reason to return. I'll list why I left and try and persuade me to come back. In fact anyone in this thread/forum have a go at it.

Lag/Performance issues which I'm not alone with. It's their side.
    Lack of content.
    Quality of content.
    Bugs.
    No actual raid which as PvE player is a big deal for me.

So go on. Convince me to return to Rift.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-01 at 05:49 PM.

Unbelievable, can any of you even look at a screenshot and determine how it works? it's listing numbers in terms of the healing so what you're looking at are the 10 people doing the most heals not DPS so of course it shows low DPS because those 10 people are healers.
    We know it's healers on top. But we're also well aware that 6.72 million divided by the 153 participants means that the average DPS for your group was just under 44k per person. That qualifies as being low in my book.

Deleted
    Also, this is a boss, all bosses have built in resists and high damage mitigation, which is why you can do 200k DPS to a normal mob in the Open World, you start wacking an Elite you notice your damage is less, you hit a boss and your damage is significantly reduced because of the boss's built in resists...the more you know.....
    This is gold, hahaha. Been reading these forums for fun for a while now, but had to make an account for this as it made me laugh so hard i almost fell off my chair.

At least for the past few years (haven't been around in vanilla times), it has never worked this way. The only difference was hit stat, all mobs, elites and bosses had exactly the same values of resist and armor mitigation. There were very minor differences, if any, that are tied to mobs level. And here's another fun fact: resist and armor scaling is exactly the same as it was in NMT, they only changed the armor value for some odd reason which is more likely a mistake/bug. So because of this new "feature" armor value and reduction is slightly larger than it was in NMT, while the resist one is exactly the same ...

So, ehm, you were saying about "the more you know ...." ? Because it appears to me, you don't actually know stuff, but are just making them up.

As for the lag at the event, it starts to become noticable at the defend the cannon stage and gets worse with time. Probably becuase more players join in and there's more mobs left around and spawned. Having 2-3s to even 10s delay on abilities on EU is normal for this type of event. And the number's i've seen were around 80 today for one victory and last week around 140 players (no pets) for one, but sunce it's all shards coming together for a weekly quest event, it's prob most of currently acitve palyers at the time. Thank god Rift doesn't have thousands or even tens of thousands of players .
    Last edited by mmoc9b1d938c62; 2017-03-01 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right....so Nightmare Rift bosses had absolutely no extra resists and mitigation then, gotcha.

Deleted
    Right....so Nightmare Rift bosses had absolutely no extra resists and mitigation then, gotcha.
    Let see, so from "all" bosses, you suddently only hopped now to nightmare rift bosses. Changing our words when we're wrong are we?

And i'm pretty sure they had the exact same armor and resist values as any other boss/elite in NMT and same resist as all mobs have now in SFP, since armor value somehow got changed. But i have not done a Nightmare rift in a loong loong time so i don't have the data for that. But if memory serves me well, only their damage done and HP was beeing scaled. Trion even specifically said in NMT that they have changed all armor and resist reductions to flat 15%, and resist in SFP is still exactly that.

Might be a good time to stop acting smug, especially when you're wrong.

I am not sure who is more annoying in these Rift threads, Slipmat or Wocky. They are both rather predictable in their words.

Still want to know what you actually do at max level. Who cares about FPS, dps, how many are online, blah, blah, blah. What really matters is what end level content is there???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I am not sure who is more annoying in these Rift threads, Slipmat or Wocky. They are both rather predictable in their words.
    Yeah, I'll give you that. Absolutely. Slipmat tends to trigger me, however.