Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    Source? So to argue if I am 20yds away I wouldn't get the lava under me? That's so wrong you know that rt.

... Unless you meant it spawns 8yards onwards (which makes more sense)
    If you stand within 8 yards of the mobs, you do not get volcanic.

http://puu.sh/uqBU9/97c79ca4f4.png

Black dot = the mob
    Red Ring = The area around THAT mob, where THAT MOBS Volcanic can spawn.
    Star = You.

Task: Know where to position yourself, to not get volcanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    If you stand within 8 yards of the mobs, you do not get volcanic.

http://puu.sh/uqBU9/97c79ca4f4.png

Black dot = the mob
    Red Ring = The area around THAT mob, where THAT MOBS Volcanic can spawn.
    Star = You.

Task: Know where to position yourself, to not get volcanic.
    You need to stand INSIDE of the 8 yd radius of all the mobs in order not to get hit by volcanic. So even if you're inside the "safe" zone for one mob the other mobs will still target you. The only way to avoid it is if all mobs are stacked and you are within 8 yds of all of them. In the first diagram, the spot where all three rings intersect.
    Last edited by Hunterforlife; 2017-03-02 at 02:07 PM.

volcanic is bullshit, even as BM. I stand somewhere away from other ranged and do a "square dance" so that I'll never get hit by volcanic.

Deleted
    As mm hunter your main source of dmg will be always trushot on packs of mobs and spam multishot - marking shot, depends on build piercing shot/explosive shot also instant cast, so you can move freely during your best dps window, and just try build focus before volcano and cast 2 AS after dodging it. Its really simple when you are used to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanis-Hellscream View Post
    You need to stand INSIDE of the 8 yd radius of all the mobs in order not to get hit by volcanic. So even if you're inside the "safe" zone for one mob the other mobs will still target you. The only way to avoid it is if all mobs are stacked and you are within 8 yds of all of them. In the first diagram, the spot where all three rings intersect.
    That's basically what he said, in other words: No one should bother (though he said that you should, but you really shouldn't)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-03-05 at 10:15 PM.

Deleted
    MEME build makes movement less impactful, though if you have legendary belt you can swap the build to be more standard so you gain more ST DPS and no real loss in aoe.

Regarding movement - its always been a dps loss to move, even in vanilla. you could always do decent dps but never top end if you had to run. Goes for all expantions. I think the main pain in the arse is the vuln window setup - if you smack marked shot then have to move you are losing precious time in the window and you may not always have the proc to re cast. In previous expantions once you finished moving you could start up and smash out max dmg again. Also goes for target switching - no proc up.... your dps is terrible.

I dont know how a mechanic would work to have it readily available for swaps but not stupid OP for aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Too late, invested 0 in BM
    seems like an easy fix.

I've found volcanic only really annoying if I'm the only ranged person, but as long as the group is competent +15 is still a breeze as MM. On the contrary, I find it sort of a fun little challenge to perform well while doing a little dance to avoid volcanic. Sure, it sucks if you have a nearly completed AiS cast and spy a double volcanic underneath your feet, forcing you to cancel instead of dying... but that's the game. You can try to be inside their volcanic range, but most of the time it only endangers the melee (or the rules don't apply and everyone gets targeted, even melee/tanks). If you have the rotation pretty much on muscle memory, you're not going to have an issue being MM with volcanic.