Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question DPS standards for H-Gul'dan

What expectations would you have for a new DPS recruit? We are 8/10H, kind of lost our momentum during some transition this last week, and need to get our mojo back. Other raid team in our guild passed us and is working on H-Gul'dan; we were ahead of them just two weeks ago. We'd like to finish this out and at least get a few bosses on mythic before 7.2 comes out. Numbers-wise, are we talking 500k these days? More? Less? Is it different between melee and ranged?

I've temporarily inherited the job of recruiting as our GM's mom is in ICU. I mostly tank, and the numbers climb with every patch, so I'm wondering what standards I should be looking for.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Yeah i would say 500k min. You can tell if the inquisitor gets eyes off and if eye of guldan duplicates with high hp then dps too low. But really want people who dont drop fire in the raid

It's gonna vary a fair bit based on spec and RNG, especially on a fight like Gul'dan. Looking at my guild's last heroic GD kill, (4/10m guild) our high end was 690k and our low end was about 450k from a trial. Looking at our heroic Krosus, which is probably a more useful metric for you, our high end was 800k, our low end was about 470k.

Tbh, our heroic Gul'dan is still a bit sloppy. He's more or less the same difficulty as mythic Skorpyron. Mechanics are a little harder, numbers are a bit more forgiving. I feel like if you chopped 100k dps off all our raiders, we would have serious issues on Gul'dan. Late P3, there's this part just after the second Storm of the Destroyer, where he spawns 2 Empowered Eyes of Gul'dan almost one right after the other. It's possible to handle that, but I kind of consider that to be a soft enrage, and ideally you want the boss dead before that point.

Thanks! That helps. Don't remember our numbers from Krosus this week, but everyone was over 500k on Star Augur (a couple just barely). On the down side, our 800k just left guild today. Lots of transition right now. At least tanks are solid (pally + bm, both 900). Two of our healers were out Tuesday but one should be back tonight (other is GM). I feel like two solid dps would put us to rights again. Promised the GM we would hold things together while he takes care of more important stuff.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Our first kill had our dps at an average ~443k, but that was the first week of NH. Our last kill had an average of ~586k.
    Took the fight from an 11 minute fight to a just under 8 minutes.
    It's probably doable if you average ~430k, but you'll run into enrage problems, and eyes might duplicate at high health. 500k+ is a decent place to be, and shouldn't be too hard with todays gear

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    What expectations would you have for a new DPS recruit? We are 8/10H, kind of lost our momentum during some transition this last week, and need to get our mojo back. Other raid team in our guild passed us and is working on H-Gul'dan; we were ahead of them just two weeks ago. We'd like to finish this out and at least get a few bosses on mythic before 7.2 comes out. Numbers-wise, are we talking 500k these days? More? Less? Is it different between melee and ranged?

I've temporarily inherited the job of recruiting as our GM's mom is in ICU. I mostly tank, and the numbers climb with every patch, so I'm wondering what standards I should be looking for.
    you shoudl be happy if anyone apply and cherish him - at this point people pug hc guldan with relative ease so you are not attractive in any way progress wise

you should offer them nice social atmosphere because besides this you dont have much to offer when they have 4-5000 better progressed guilds to chose from - or they can simply use fake vhievo addon and pug it first time and then rekill every week.

for example - why would somebody who deals 600k + there apply to you when they can apply to guilds that are already in mythic ? wouldnt make much sense tbh.

not trying to be a dick its just reality
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-03-02 at 08:01 AM.

Deleted
    If you are at 8/10 HC you will not kill the boss before those two eyes spawn @Laurcus is talking about, just keep some cooldowns for that. The main thing that will wipe is you is bad handling of the Flames, so get that right from the beginning, I dont think dps will be the issue

Its is quite easy to get to 500k if you just use the Time Dilation properly, remember it gives 30% cd reduction or something like that and can be really usefull if you can use some big cd's while you got the buff. But as others also are saying, Flames is usually the biggest problem, drop Flames to the side then kill the add and then get ppl to soak the souls. Just remember to kill the Eye before you soak anything, usually the 3rd Eye i think after the 2nd storm spawns away from the raid, so you might want to use bl to kill it fast.

Also get the bonds right, alot of classes can solo these bonds, so just make sure that people who can solo it will call it out so people dont have to move. You can get alot of extra dps if people can tunnel the boss instead of running to the bonds. I pugged it hc the first week of NH and i think the top dps was 550k and lowest prob 400k, so you should be able to do it with your grp

Out of all the fights in nighthold I hate this one the most because my damage just goes to the shitter.

DPS need to properly figure out how to use the mini time warp. but 500k on average should be kill.

If like most people (You know who you are) they unload all their cds on guldan so they can look good on the meters then have nothing for the 2nd ad and relay on the people who do the fight right. As long as ads die on time you'll be fine. imo 500 and doing your role without cheese helps a lot.

We had an average of 450k DPS on our first kill. Some melee reached 500, 510k because of the cleave damage on eyes.

Prioritize eyes, keep flames as close to the edge as possible and don't stand near the tanks. We had some trouble with duplicating eyes, mainly because people weren't saving cooldowns for them, especially in phase 3.

As for the souls, warlocks can soak up to five, depending on their HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarov View Post
    As for the souls, warlocks can soak up to five, depending on their HP.
    Heh. Our warlocks tells us that it doesn't stack above nine, which is where he regularly finds himself

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Heh. Our warlocks tells us that it doesn't stack above nine, which is where he regularly finds himself
    That's pretty impressive if you ask me. The most I've seen was six!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarov View Post
    That's pretty impressive if you ask me. The most I've seen was six!

What makes warlocks able to soak the eyes better?

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post

As someone that pugged it 100% and got the chance to see a ton of different groups.

If Inquisitor spawns eyes your DPS is "okayish", if he doesnt spawn any eyes, fight should be easy mode, of course there are variations, i had groups where Fel Lord and Inquisitor died at the same time from the insane dps without any eyes spawning, i had Fel lord die before Inquisitor and 2 eyes spawning, which means DPS failed to prioritize, i had 1 set of eyes spawning and inquisitor and fel lord died right after.

Its how i tend to determine if the group had the DPS to breeze through or gonna have issues if people die.

Generally if Inquisitor does not spawn any eyes, it means you can still get him with 1 DPS dead rather okayish.

If you want "numbers":

All your players should be above 500-550K on Star Augur where its literally tank and spank most of the time, which translates to about 450-500K DPS after all the movement and cleaving on Guldan, as example some classes finish P1 on guldan at 750-1mil while others finish at 500K, but at the end of the fight it scales down/up depending on class to around 450-550K, with the overgeared players at 600k+.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-03-02 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajjax View Post
    What makes warlocks able to soak the eyes better?
    Large healthpool and strong defensive CD and passives. If you are an affliction warlock, your main filler also heals you. Even better if you have Prydaz equiped.

tfw no gf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Look for people who put in work on the mechanical aspects of every fight. People who eat trilliax cakes/jump on robots, help soak all the bonds, have good relative to raid/spec) dmg on the adds, interrupts. These are the people who are worth more than someone doing 10-15% more dmg, especially if you want to get anything done in mythic(admittedly the first 2 mythic bosses don't actually need any of this).

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you shoudl be happy if anyone apply and cherish him - at this point people pug hc guldan with relative ease so you are not attractive in any way progress wise

you should offer them nice social atmosphere because besides this you dont have much to offer when they have 4-5000 better progressed guilds to chose from - or they can simply use fake vhievo addon and pug it first time and then rekill every week.

for example - why would somebody who deals 600k + there apply to you when they can apply to guilds that are already in mythic ? wouldnt make much sense tbh.

not trying to be a dick its just reality
    Holy fuck you're detached from reality in a way I can't even fathom.

Not being a dick, its just reality (for most of us ^_^ )