Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I really hope that this is Nintendo's last system. I love them, but I want what is best for them....

Nintendo would still be Nintendo if they stopped making consoles. They would be better then ever before. No gimicks, no marketing to children, no more underpowered systems...

It really is a shame that Nintendo is preparing shoot themselves in the foot for a FOURTH time since the Super Nintendo.
    I disagree. Nintendo isn't weighed down by family-friendly games and focus on new game concepts. That's what Nintendo is all about. You wouldn't get a gritty, x-rated Mario game if they started making games for the PS4. Link will never do evisceration moves with the Master sword , feed Ganon his own spleen and continue to fuck Zelda in beautiful 4K graphics. If you don't like what Nintendo does now, you will probably never have reason to like them again, and I would rather seem them as "dead to me" instead of hoping for some kind of revolution towards selling adult-only content for other console makers.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Nintendo.... removing miiverse but keeping something as stupid as friend codes

GG
    There's 4 different ways of adding people to friends though, so it's not friend-code exclusive.

Yes I know it is apparently a "big open world" with all of the heart peices you can shake a stick at.

Sorry, an open world in my view is not 105 different locations for heart pieces, which from what i've seen of the game, looks to be about accurate.

And i'm sorry but it's still Zelda.... I was Zelda'd out a loooong time ago... right around the time I started to play bigger and better adventure games, Tabletop D&D, Baldur's Gate, Elder Scrolls, World of Warcraft...

I am also 32 years old so Zelda might not appeal to me any more either.
    You don't even know what Zelda is.

It plays like no Zelda game ever.

I have actually played the damn game at the Switch event in SF, it literally plays like no other Zelda game. You're grasping at straws and have no idea what you're talking about.

The closest Zelda game it resembles is Zelda 1. Yes, Fucking 1986 Zelda 1 is the closest comparison to it. It is literally nothing like any of the 3D Zelda games.

Nintendo could have removed link, heart containers and changed all the characters to be non Zelda races called it just Breath of the Wild and no one would have even knew it was a Zelda game.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-03-02 at 01:48 PM.

Nintendo.... removing miiverse but keeping something as stupid as friend codes

GG
    What in teh actual fuck? Did they really do that?

Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    What in teh actual fuck? Did they really do that?

Source?
    http://press-start.com.au/news/ninte...s-add-friends/

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    There's 4 different ways of adding people to friends though, so it's not friend-code exclusive.
    There's 3, the first method is you basically have to be sitting next to each other and the other you have to play with the person randomly

the primary way to add friends is friend codes
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Holy fucking shit. One would believe that in 2017 even Nintendo would move into actual proper online functionality and username based profiles.

But nope.

Gotta have clunky long ass serial numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I disagree. Nintendo isn't weighed down by family-friendly games and focus on new game concepts. That's what Nintendo is all about. You wouldn't get a gritty, x-rated Mario game if they started making games for the PS4. Link will never do evisceration moves with the Master sword , feed Ganon his own spleen and continue to fuck Zelda in beautiful 4K graphics. If you don't like what Nintendo does now, you will probably never have reason to like them again, and I would rather seem them as "dead to me" instead of hoping for some kind of revolution towards selling adult-only content for other console makers.
    You know as an old Nintendo apologist I too thought that all games that had a T or M rating were just violent video games made for "Halo bros" etc...

Then I realized in my adult life that I wanted to be treated like an adult, and in my young mind, I had a warped vision of what adults wanted from their games.

At 32, while I think the story behind Zelda is "quaint" it comes no where near what I am looking for as an adult. I don't want blood and gore and sex (which many Nintendo fans will claim other gamers want). I want a story that a good Dungeon Master would tell... not... "here are 8 things to collect from 8 dungeons..."

There's 3, the first method is you basically have to be sitting next to each other and the other you have to play with the person randomly

Yea 3, and one is like you said. The other is you have to have played an online game with them already.

So friend codes is really the only way to get the majority of friends on your list. We moved past this shit on the Wii U only for them to bring it back /sigh

Very annoying indeed, but for now it doesn't matter. I do think this is a temporary solution (perhaps convenience based on existing infrastructure), and that they will release an "online update" when there is more relevant software out, like Mario Kart.
    Mother pus bucket!

"here are 8 things to collect from 8 dungeons..."
    Good thing there is nothing like this in the BoTW story, but again you keep assuming things about the game you clearly don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Very annoying indeed, but for now it doesn't matter. I do think this is a temporary solution (perhaps convenience based on existing infrastructure), and that they will release an "online update" when there is more relevant software out, like Mario Kart.
    The Wii U was able to add friends by searching NNID.

In 2012.

This has nothing to do with their infrastructure this is Nintendo being Nintendo.

I really hope that this is Nintendo's last system. I love them, but I want what is best for them....
    Clearly you don't if u want this to be Nintendo's last system, nore do you care about the gaming industry.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You don't even know what Zelda is.

It plays like no Zelda game ever.

I have actually played the damn game at the Switch event in SF, it literally plays like no other Zelda game. Your grasping at straws and have no idea what you're talking about.

The closest Zelda game it resembles is Zelda 1. Yes, Fucking 1986 Zelda 1 is the closest comparison to it. It is literally nothing like any of the 3D Zelda games.

Nintendo could have removed link, heart containers and changed all the characters to be non Zelda races called it just Breath of the Wild and no one would have even knew it was a Zelda game.
    Yes they should have. I have been wanting a new story driven adventure from Nintendp since the N64 days, but they have a habit of ruining potential new franchises by sticking it's old characters into games they don't belong in.

Remember Dinosaur Planet? I do.

Remember when Nintendo gutted Rare's original creative vision and replaced it with a crappy "Starfox Adventures" bullshit?

I do. And for what... sacrificed creativity for more dollars in the bank? Much respect was lost...

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing there is nothing like this in the BoTW story, but again you keep assuming things about the game you clearly don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

The Wii U was able to add friends by searching NNID.

In 2012.

This has nothing to do with their infrastructure this is Nintendo being Nintendo.
    It's too bad Nintendo lost me when they did. They lost a lot of core fans with the Wii.

The damage that the Wii did to the industry is irreversible now... Steam Green Light, Mini Game Compilations, fucking pay to play cell phone games...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Clearly you don't if u want this to be Nintendo's last system, nore do you care about the gaming industry.
    If you cared about their creative vision then you would want them to go third party. The main reason I don't buy Nintendo products any more is because I have to buy a entire system.

What is the point of making hardware any more?

It's too bad Nintendo lost me when they did. They lost a lot of core fans with the Wii.
    Why are you even in this thread if in the end you give no fuck's about Nintendo?

Hell I have shitted on The Switch alot and still give a big fuck about them. But its clear all u want to do is bitch and moan that they are not third party or making "Adult" games.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

If you cared about their creative vision then you would want them to go third party.
    Yea because Sega's creative vision sure went amazing places after going 3rd party /s

Hell, the only creative franchise Sega made post 3rd party in Valkyria Chronicles is literally being ruined by them with every new entry in the franchise.

Sorry, but I would prefer the Sega that brought us Echo, Sonic Adventure, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Seaman, Skies of Arcadia and Nights among others.

A Nintendo who only publishes Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda and Pokemon is not a Nintendo I ever want to see.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-03-02 at 02:00 PM.

If you cared about their creative vision then you would want them to go third party. The main reason I don't buy Nintendo products any more is because I have to buy a entire system.

What is the point of making hardware any more?
    They make the hardware so they can make games in there own vision. They make the hardware so they can max profits to keep making games in there own vision.

Like I said you clearly give no fucks about the gaming industry nore do you understand how it works. Don't want to buy a system for a Nintendo game then fine, How about fucking off to another thread since you have nothing constructive to say here?

Hows Sega doing since they went 3rd party?

Yea because Sega's creative vision sure went amazing places after going 3rd party /s
    Sega always made "meh" games. The only reason why Sega was around was because they were considered the "cool" and "edgy" system. You know... your friends older brother who was a freshmen in highschool... he was playing the Sega. The "cool kid's" system.

- - - Updated - - -

So if Nintendo started making games for other systems they wouldn't have creative control? Says who?

Sega always made "meh" games. The only reason why Sega was around was because they were considered the "cool" and "edgy" system. You know... your friends older brother who was a freshmen in highschool... he was playing the Sega. The "cool kid's" system.
    Must be why the Dreamcast is still praised as one of the best systems ever among hardcore gamers... and it was only supported for 2 years.

You know as an old Nintendo apologist I too thought that all games that had a T or M rating were just violent video games made for "Halo bros" etc...

Then I realized in my adult life that I wanted to be treated like an adult, and in my young mind, I had a warped vision of what adults wanted from their games.

At 32, while I think the story behind Zelda is "quaint" it comes no where near what I am looking for as an adult. I don't want blood and gore and sex (which many Nintendo fans will claim other gamers want). I want a story that a good Dungeon Master would tell... not... "here are 8 things to collect from 8 dungeons..."

Well, sure, but if your mission as Link is to "facilitate trade agreements between the Goron and the Fairies" or "Assassinate the High Wizzrobe's Wife as a warning", you kinda alienate young players. The game can't be perfect for everyone. Nintendo has made their choice, and they are going to make the games simple in concept, charming in graphical design, but difficult to master, so older players might find a challenge as well. I think they'll stick with this strategy. Doesn't matter though, there are a plethora of high quality RPGs, in a way similar to Zelda, that provides an adult story.
    Mother pus bucket!

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/statu...86938793111552

So the day 1 update may have fixed the JoyCon connectivity issues.