Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just posting to see my badge ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    complaining about not having a miniscule chance to get free shit...
    stay classy mmoc, stay classy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    complaining about not having a miniscule chance to get free shit...
    stay classy mmoc, stay classy.

That's not only MMO-C posters, it's human.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Boubouille from EU too, which makes it worse

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I would imagine it has something to do with postage, i mean mailing a keyboard from the us to somewhere in the eu is probably going to cost more than the keyboard.
    ...what?

Sending a small parcel isn't even going to cost 2x your local cost to most countries, and you can skip the tax to cover that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel it would have been quite easy to work around this so it would include both EU and US, but it's too late now anyway so just hope that they do it differently the next time (hopefully not 10 years from now).

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    It has nothing to do with EU or other countries' laws. MMO-Champ just can not be bothered to A) supporting anything outside of US and B) probably feels shipping costs are too high for anything outside of US. There's really not more to it than that.

You know, I was fine with the general giveaway on MMO-Champ being US only throughout these 10 years, but it was quite a slap in the face that the so called once in a lifetime 10 year anniversary for all of it's users is just a party for US residents only. The rest of the world doesn't matter apparently. Felt bad as someone not in the US who has been here quite some time.
    It has everything to do with the law.
    These giveaways are restricted by your online gambling law. You can google them and find them for your country.

Not every country in EU has these strict laws. UK, Germany and France are allowed to join these i thought. I am from the Netherlands an the law is too shady for companies so they exclude us.

Another example
    Not so long ago Blizzard had a small competition for the celebration of Diablo to win some special candle. only half of the EU countries were allowed to join.

Longer back this law also didnt allow us to participate in e-sports where you can win money. It's all in the (mostly outdated) online gambling law.

MMO-C could have tried to see what countries in EU are eligible, their choice to exclude whole EU without exceptions.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Congratulation on 10 years!

The entitlement generation never fails to deliver.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    The entitlement generation never fails to deliver.
    The outdated memes never fail to deliver. Asking for equality <> entitlement. Next you say women shouldn't ask for the same pay as men, because 'entitlement'.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Since we can't win the World First race we at least beat you guys in prize give-aways. :^)
    No! We need everything! Mwahaha. World first, Blizzcon tournament champions AND give-aways!

Though I imagine it has something to do with shipping, which is ridiculous for some countries, 20 $ for shipping alone to Norway (if I were to buy from the Blizz store).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spawny View Post
    Bit of a slap for anyone in EU that allows the add pop-ups to help support the site.
    Small slap i s'pose but pfft.
    A slap to people in Canada too, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    The outdated memes never fail to deliver. Asking for equality <> entitlement. Next you say women shouldn't ask for the same pay as men, because 'entitlement'.
    You're equating women's rights to not being able to participate in a contest provided by a privately owned entity that gives you content for free.

Bad analogy

OT: It sucks that it's so limited, but I would assume there's a good reason. I feel like a majority of posters here are from the EU, so purposely excluding them seems weird.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    You're equating women's rights to not being able to participate in a contest provided by a privately owned entity that gives you content for free.

Bad analogy
    Why is it a bad analogy? Why is equality in pay less entitled than equality in giveaways? And I'm not talking about the importance of the subjects, they are not comparable, but just about the entitlement card. Honest question.

Considering the amount of giveaways MMO-C does and that they've never done anything really awful, I'd assume there is a very good reason as to why certain contests are only for the US. I highly doubt it's because they don't care and just hate the EU so why don't you just leave it at that?

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Actually for a 90% reliability in a 29.000 population, you need 268 responses. For 95% it's 379 and for 99% it's 648. So yeah, you can say with at least 90% certainty that the results of that poll are representative of those 29.000 accounts.

Calculator and explanations: http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm
    Yes, but for the whole site, wouldn't accounts be the number to represent from, and not just the average activity?`And still, 300 votes out of even the active average activity still isn't that reliable.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Why is it a bad analogy? Why is equality in pay less entitled than equality in giveaways? And I'm not talking about the importance of the subjects, they are not comparable, but just about the entitlement card. Honest question.
    Women gets paid less because they don't actually do the same amount of work a man does. If they did the same amount of work they would be equally paid.

This has been debunked many times, and is constantly something fanatic femenists tries to bring up when it's not even true anymore.

Deleted
    Well, its better than nothing!

To recognize this fantastic achievement, we’re celebrating the most important part of MMO-Champion - our users.
    "To recognize this fantastic achievement, we’re celebrating the most important part of MMO-Champion - our users (but only those who happen to live within our prefered boundaries - the rest can screw off"

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Considering the amount of giveaways MMO-C does and that they've never done anything really awful, I'd assume there is a very good reason as to why certain contests are only for the US. I highly doubt it's because they don't care and just hate the EU so why don't you just leave it at that?
    Don't care is pretty accurate when they're bought out by a US company.

It's obviously not hate, but giveaways have been done by many fansites to a multitude of eu countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."