Having hard time to choose MM or BM

Hey I am currently at 54 with BM and only 30 traits for MM. Not sure I should focus on getting MM or BM legendaries. I suppose that MM is the best all around spec, but please, I could really use some opinions/advice. Currently I am raiding NH heroic.

They are both good enough espeically if you are not rading mythic at a high level. At equal traits I believe MM is better without decent legendarys but seeing as you already have maxed BM I would just stick to it and hope for the shoulders. Or go with whatever you find most fun to play

Quote Originally Posted by Chipskinesen View Post
    Or go with whatever you find most fun to play
    I agree with this. BM and Marks are going to have a marginal difference between them for Heroic Nighthold. Beast mastery I find has an easier time doing damage+mechanics during mechanic heavy fights like Elisande, Chronomatic Anomaly etc. Just pick what you enjoy. Do you have any BM legendaries?

BM does well even in mythic raiding, go with BM if you already have 54 traits in the weapon.

Only damage legendary for BM I have is the Call of the Wild wrists, which give about 5k dps, not that much. So I don't have any spec specific legendary. I was thinking maybe stay BM and maybe get a BM legendary until I reach around 45 in MM, then I could switch to MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same boat mate. 51 BM 44 MM but even on mythic progression I like BM better because of the unlimited movement, makes you focus more on the mechanics, once you know the routine of a boss try MM again and see how you do, but generally I'd advice you to stay BM esp bec you are already 54.

GL with getting shoulders or belt

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    i want to switch to BM as well from MM.

till now I have geared as MM. both the legendaries i have are MM specific. MK II and the ring. I don't have any arcnane relic. this is bothering me a lot. if i start BM now it will be very poor I guess.

what should I do ?
    Play what you like most lol, and relics, get your guild to trade them. We have 4 hunters in our guild, and only 1 player actively plays BM, we all get arcane relics, and the others. But else look at the boss fights in ToS and say to yourself, which spec will work the best. If you wish to play one or the other. Since I can't read if you wanna play BM only now, or just cant because relics/legends.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    i want to switch to BM as well from MM.

till now I have geared as MM. both the legendaries i have are MM specific. MK II and the ring. I don't have any arcnane relic. this is bothering me a lot. if i start BM now it will be very poor I guess.

what should I do ?
    I'm doing the same, just got tired of the watching Vulnerable timers. I have bis MM legendaries and two utility ones, so I'm using the neck/pants for BM until I get some BM specific legendaries. You can get low level relics from world dailies and LFR, and build up from there. Also, set pieces still work, so that helps a bit if you've gotten the 2 or 4 pc set. Thankfully gear stats are not TOO different, so mastery, agility still work well. Good luck.

If unlimited movement as a ranged dps really appeals to you, then go BM.

If you are good at ranged dps in general, i.e. can handle mechanics to plan out when to turret and when to move to optimize dps, then go MM as it is the more complex and interesting spec.

I'm on the same as you. I have a decent legendary as MM, will continue staying as MM to help guild with progress. And then when 7.2 hits i'm gonna try get a BM legendary and we'll see what happens