Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Must be why the Dreamcast is still praised as one of the best systems ever among hardcore gamers... and it was only supported for 2 years.
    Fanboys, honestly.

Being 32 tunes you in to giant corporations' effect on minds. I used to think Nintendo was somehow immune to this becaue they made colorful games. Nope. They want your money and if you are a fanatical fan like most Nintendo fans are, they play into that.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    So if Nintendo started making games for other systems they wouldn't have creative control? Says who?
    Says the bottom line. 3rd party publishers can't take risks on software, they need every game they publish to turn a profit. A 1st party game from Sony or Nintendo can be a low commercial seller but still have worth to Nintendo or Sony due to being part of R&D for current and future hardware as well as being something to entice hardware adoption.

Like I said, we already saw this song and dance with Sega. They had to liquidate the majority of their studios when they went 3rd party. Nintendo could not maintain it's payroll for all it's development teams without a hardware division, you simply don't understand logistics that much is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, sure, but if your mission as Link is to "facilitate trade agreements between the Goron and the Fairies" or "Assassinate the High Wizzrobe's Wife as a warning", you kinda alienate young players. The game can't be perfect for everyone. Nintendo has made their choice, and they are going to make the games simple in concept, charming in graphical design, but difficult to master, so older players might find a challenge as well. I think they'll stick with this strategy. Doesn't matter though, there are a plethora of high quality RPGs, in a way similar to Zelda, that provides an adult story.
    Like Skyrim from 6 years ago apparently.

So if Nintendo started making games for other systems they wouldn't have creative control? Says who?
    Who says they would? Who say's the wouldn't.

Nintendo leaving market to turn into a 3rd party dev is BAD FOR THE GAMING INDUSTRY, How do you not understand that?

Despite what many say Nintendo has always been competition for Sony and Microsoft. Making it a two man show (Really one man "Sony" as it stands) is stupid. Competition breeds innovation.

Like I said you clearly don't give any shit's about Nintendo, The Gaming industry and how it works. You wanting them to go third party and yet saying it gives them more creative vision is stupid.

The Switch, The Wii-U, The Wii,The Gamecube, The Nintendo 64, The SNES and The NES is part of there creative vision.

Personally I would love for Nintendo to just make a box and put games on it. But I also know when Nintendo holds all the cards they can do as they please and some cool shit can come from it.

Having them go 2nd/3rd party on another platform isn't good, they then have to do what Sony/Microsoft wants on those systems.

Also if you think them going 3rd party would get there games on PC, Then I got a sea side house in Kentucky to sell you. Nintendo will NEVER release a Zelda on PC.

Like I said you clearly give no fucks about Nintendo or anything they are doing, So since you have nothing constructive to add how about fucking off?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-02 at 02:09 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Says the bottom line. 3rd party publishers can't take risks on software, they need every game they publish to turn a profit. A 1st party game from Sony or Nintendo can be a low commercial seller but still have worth to Nintendo or Sony due to being part of R&D for current and future hardware as well as being something to entice hardware adoption.

Like I said, we already saw this song and dance with Sega. They had to liquidate the majority of their studios when they went 3rd party. Nintendo could not maintain it's payroll for all it's development teams without a hardware division, you simply don't understand logistics that much is clear.
    Nintendo isn't a typical third party publisher... Despite my distaste for them, myself and other gamers consider Nintendo to be an Important, if not the most important developer in the world. I think they'll be fine.

Good thing there is nothing like this in the BoTW story, but again you keep assuming things about the game you clearly don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

The Wii U was able to add friends by searching NNID.

In 2012.

This has nothing to do with their infrastructure this is Nintendo being Nintendo.
    Sure, but NNID could merely be part of a higher level entity, related to the core nintendo users, who are based on the friend code system, maybe even part of the miiverse for all I know, which is not available on the Switch...yet.
    I don't think anyone in Nintendo said "We don't like the simplicity of a NNID, we should delete the whole thing and start over with friend codes, making it a shittier experience for the user". They probably haven't prioritized it, since they have basically no games that can benefit from it yet. We'll see, but I think they're gonna bring back the NNID.
    Mother pus bucket!

Nintendo isn't a typical third party publisher... Despite my distaste for them, myself and other gamers consider Nintendo to be an Important, if not the most important developer in the world. I think they'll be fine.
    Ya if you really thought that you wouldn't want them to go third party.

What Tech said is true, doesn't matter what you "Believe". Once again look at how Sega is doing, Look at what happen to Atari. Those two is what happens when all that matters is the bottom line.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

And despite me not owning a switch, Nintendo still influences the industry.

I blame Nintendo for a lot of damage they did to it as well. Hell the whole wii thing set the whole show back about 10 years because everyone thought people wanted motion controls...

Like Skyrim from 6 years ago apparently.
    Indeed, and you have Horizon Zero Dawn out now, and Mass Effect Andromeda is on our doorstep. Lots of fun for adults!
    Mother pus bucket!

I ignore JT several threads back.

There is a man who is really going to enjoy his switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, and you have Horizon Zero Dawn out now, and Mass Effect Andromeda is on our doorstep. Lots of fun for adults!
    Too bad I just play on PC. I have been looking for an excuse to own a console for some time now though. Since now there are devices that let you use mouse and keyboard with console games, I may buy one.

I blame Nintendo for a lot of damage they did to it as well. Hell the whole wii thing set the whole show back about 10 years because everyone thought people wanted motion controls...
    You do realize motion controls helped pave the way for VR right? ALL early VR sets was using the Wii Motion controls because it worked so well.

How did a extra feature on the other two platforms set the industry back.

Seriously you don't have a clue and all you want to do is rag on Nintendo. For a guy who keeps saying hes in his thirsty's you are acting 12.

- - - Updated - - -

I ignore JT several threads back.

There is a man who is really going to enjoy his switch.
    I bet you did pumpkin, truly a child who can't take criticism

Hell I was one of the main people ragging on The Switch (Not the system itself, but the choices Nintendo made with it).

But ya this point onward I'm just going to report you because its clear what you are doing.

Well, people wanted motion controls. But if they didn't, Nintendo would indeed have been where Sega is today. A withered husk of a gaming company that tries to make comebacks based on people's nostalgia.
    Mother pus bucket!

Well, people wanted motion controls. But if they didn't, Nintendo would indeed have been where Sega is today. A withered husk of a gaming company that tries to make comebacks based on people's nostalgia.
    Did people want motion controls?

I always thought it was Sony and Microsoft thinking there was hidden genius behind Nintendo so they rushed to copy them. But when both companies saw that the idea was bankrupt, and realized that Nintendo was marketing to people who didn't know what "quality" meant. they dropped the idea like hot coal.

EA and Maxis

Vivendi and Ubisoft/Activison-Blizzard

There are even rumors from FFXV's director saying the signature brand was in danger if the game didn't do well.

The videogame industry is a cutthroat business, and being a third party developer means you need to focus on the bottom line.

Nintendo could've gone third party and used the power of its IPs to power on through, but then where would the quirky games go to.

Xang, you complained about Dinosaur Planet being turned into Star Fox Adventures. Well, there would be more of that as IP power and money would be placed with more importance than new IPs.

Splatoon, Nintendo's biggest game of the past two years, may have stayed as a Mario spinoff they started it as.

Bayonetta 2 would've never been made.

- - - Updated - - -

I always thought it was Sony and Microsoft thinking there was hidden genius behind Nintendo so they rushed to copy them. But when both companies saw that the idea was bankrupt, and realized that Nintendo was marketing to people who didn't know what "quality" meant. they dropped the idea like hot coal.
    Motion controls are awesome, but the prevalance of it kinda wore out its welcome. Also, it's pretty much essential for VR.

Motion controls for first person were the best thing about TP, SS, and the remakes for the Wii U and 3DS are awesome as well.

Splatoon does gyro well, to the point a number of people prefer gyro controls over mouse and keyboard.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349158

Basically, you can make an account based on a region and buy games from that region.

You can also play games from any region on any account.

You can also buy games from other regions with a credit card from a different region (aka US card buying Japan games).

You do need to match the region of a game and it's DLC though.

Deleted
    I actually like the Switch. I just don't like its battery life because it defeats the purpose of being a "portable" gaming device. That being said, Nintendo promises the consumers that there will be a great lineup of games waiting to be released this year. I am so excited for that.

https://youtu.be/sAGzQPNlle4?t=793

Framerate literally drops to 0 for multiple seconds.

Holy shit.

https://youtu.be/sAGzQPNlle4?t=793

Framerate literally drops to 0 for multiple seconds.

Holy shit.
    Dam, I'm waiting for the DF video that should be out today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmonerd View Post
    I actually like the Switch. I just don't like its battery life because it defeats the purpose of being a "portable" gaming device. That being said, Nintendo promises the consumers that there will be a great lineup of games waiting to be released this year. I am so excited for that.
    Its 2 1/2- 3 hours for high end game and can be charged via a portable battery. Both the Vita and 3DS had equally as bad battery lives. More then likely we will get a new model in 2-3 years that lasts around 4 1/2.

For a light game like bomber man it will last much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    For a light game like bomber man it will last much longer.
    Probably not. Bomber Man is running at 30 fps and is an unoptimized mess(as most unity games are). It probably drains the system as much as Zelda.

Probably not. Bomber Man is running at 30 fps and is an unoptimized mess(as most unity games are). It probably drains the system as much as Zelda.
    True, bomber Man is a poor example.

But my point being lighter titles should last longer, fucken amazing they didn't make that game 60fps lol.

Yes, but it depends on who those people were.

21 million bought the GameCube, 100 million bought the Wii, which means that over 5 times as many people saw something in this console that they didn't in the previous. That suggest that a large majority of people aren't buying Nintendo because they're such huge fans of the Nintendo franchises, but because their consoles are provide interesting gaming experiences, even though they are shallow in the minds of hardcore, classical gamers. Sony and MS failed because they didn't focus on this tech, they just made some additions to their existing consoles to shoe horn in "motion controls". A lot of people buying Sony/MS are very conservative, and consider motion controls "impure" compared to the holy grail of controllers, the evolved Joypad. A lesson they applied to the ps4, making basically no innovations, and still had huge success.
    Mother pus bucket!