Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yes, I read my posts.

I get that you didn't think about the subject enough and so you have to exaggerate everything to try and make it look grotesque because that's just what you do by default when some point of view offends you, but if you stop doing that for a second, you will see that - yes, indeed, they are creating grinds because they have a per-month payment model and they can't / won't keep people without grinds. Yes, this is really the case. Now, feel free to use words like "evil" and use caps all over and do other BS.

As I said, it is fine to make grindy games and put whatever rewards you want behind whatever walls you want. It is just sad when that's 90% of what you are doing as a dev. It shows that all you are good for are cheap tricks like that, which try to trick the player into staying not because he is having a good time but rather because he doesn't want to "lose" the time he already spent on the game, etc.

Apparently I have to repeat that because it looks like you didn't read it the first time even though you quoted that text.
    Unless you have issues, grinds alone won't keep the playerbase intrigued enough. Only someone that has gone WAAAY to far into obsessed territory would not realise that. To call this system of optional benefits you will get by simply playing the game casually, Legendary tf mounts, a grind, implies that you take for granted that people actually do grind them. Which is delusional. Grinds is vanilla wow, older reps, other MMOs. I know successful raiders that couldn't even run cot and arcway because they didn't bother with nightfall rep so... what are you on about?
    These are optional things. Systems in place to improve quality of life. "Oh look i got a legendary while boosting a friend through an heroic" "Oh look i got a tf while doing a 15 m+ with friends". Not "gotta do dat m+ 100 times to get a shot at tf", cause that is a voluntary grind players choose to do. Nothing to do with Blizz. Take responsibility for your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Unless you have issues, grinds alone won't keep the playerbase intrigued enough. ... Take responsibility for your actions.
    Of course grinds won't keep players. That's why WoW is losing players. People see through the BS, they just need time.

Save your last sentence for yourself - I take responsibility for my actions alright, and if you thought the posts were about me, that's your problem.

Deleted
    Of course grinds won't keep players. That's why WoW is losing players. People see through the BS, they just need time.

Save your last sentence for yourself - I take responsibility for my actions alright, and if you thought the posts were about me, that's your problem.
    You don't actually know that since they won't tell us anymore. What I do know is that legion has better quality of content. Better writing, better dialogues, better quests, better zones. And that's why I'm back playing after being off for a good while and that also might be why on my server there's actually queues to get in some evenings. Wow had abysmal content for the past few expansions. That's why they lost players, well that's one of the dozens reasons anyway.

I'm not here complaining about how blizzard is making life impossible for me because my mild ocd is telling me I NEED TO have that mount and I NEED TO have it now. So that sentence can't be applied to me in this particular topic.

You don't actually know that since they won't tell us anymore. What I do know is that legion has better quality of content. Better writing, better dialogues, better quests, better zones. And that's why I'm back playing after being off for a good while and that also might be why on my server there's actually queues to get in some evenings. Wow had abysmal content for the past few expansions. That's why they lost players, well that's one of the dozens reasons anyway.
    We kind of know that they are losing players from proxies.

For example, the number of guilds that killed the easiest heroic boss in the first raid tier for WoD is 42k. The same number for Legion is 39k. The difference is small because we are talking about a relatively elite activity, but it is there.

Or let's take the number of people on the PVP ladder in the first season of WoD compared to Legion - Legion loses to the tune of about 60% that of WoD.

There are other proxies, too, they all show that the number of players is going down (and down and down).

Deleted
    We kind of know that they are losing players from proxies.

For example, the number of guilds that killed the easiest heroic boss in the first raid tier for WoD is 42k. The same number for Legion is 39k. The difference is small because we are talking about a relatively elite activity, but it is there.

Or let's take the number of people on the PVP ladder in the first season of WoD compared to Legion - Legion loses to the tune of about 60% that of WoD.

There are other proxies, too, they all show that the number of players is going down (and down and down).
    That means absolutely nothing and I refuse to even engage with that kind of mumbo jumbo.

That means absolutely nothing and I refuse to even engage with that kind of mumbo jumbo.
    Keep your head in the sand.

In the meantime, they are joining realms, CRZing zones for actual content (something they never did before Legion - zones for actual content were only CRZd with the transition patch to a new expansion), and when you play arenas, you end up queuing into the same team 6 times per evening because next to nobody is playing.

Deleted
    Keep your head in the sand.
    Show us the truth rda. Tell us more about how many people killed "the easiest heroic boss in the first raid tier".

Ahahahahah

Show us the truth rda. Tell us more about how many people killed "the easiest heroic boss in the first raid tier".

Ahahahahah
    Nah, I will let you pray to those MAUs they are so proudly reporting. They will stop reporting them when they go down, maybe you'll take the hint then.

Deleted
    Nah, I will let you pray to those MAUs they are so proudly reporting. They will stop reporting them when they go down, maybe you'll take the hint then.
    Yeah whatever that means. Keep fighting the good fight rda. Evil blizzard keeping addicts subjugated to get all the power. Sounds a bit like what elisande is doing.

Yeah whatever that means.
    That means that Blizzard stopped reporting subs because subs were going down too much, but since they wanted some sort of numbers to convey how big of a success Legion is, they went to report other numbers - MAUs. These MAUs were completely unimpressive, but let's even disregard that. I am saying that these MAUs for WoW will, too, go down. And when they go down, Blizzard will stop reporting them, similarly to how they stopped reporting subs. Maybe then you will take the hint that the number of players declines and keeps declining.

Deleted
    That means that Blizzard stopped reporting subs because subs were going down too much, but since they wanted some sort of numbers to convey how big of a success Legion is, they went to report other numbers - MAUs. These MAUs were completely unimpressive, but let's even disregard that. I am saying that these MAUs for WoW will, too, go down. And when they go down, Blizzard will stop reporting them, similarly to how they stopped reporting subs. Maybe then you will take the hint that the number of players declines and keeps declining.
    In the meantime though, considering you know fuck all, will you stop rambling at random about "how many people are in the pvp ladder"?

Cause I mean let's face it... it's pretty embarrassing.

In the meantime though, considering you know fuck all, will you stop rambling at random about "how many people are in the pvp ladder"?

Cause I mean let's face it... it's pretty embarrassing.
    I know how many people were in the PVP ladder for the first season of Legion and for various previous seasons. Maybe you don't, but I do.

The first season of Legion had about 60% as many players as the last season of WoD and even less if we compare to the first season of WoD.

Happy to educate.

Deleted
    I know how many people were in the PVP ladder for the first season of Legion and for various previous seasons. Maybe you don't, but I do.

The first season of Legion had about 60% as many players as the last season of WoD and even less if we compare to the first season of WoD.

Happy to educate.
    That's great info. Very helpful when you want to know how many people were in the PVP ladder.
    The moment you extract conclusions from it however, it's when you cover yourself in ridiculous sauce.

2/10 delusional

That's great info. Very helpful when you want to know how many people were in the PVP ladder.
    The moment you extract conclusions from it however, it's when you cover yourself in ridiculous sauce.

2/10 delusional
    Like I said, keep your head in the sand and tell yourself stories that declines on all proxies like that one "might mean nothing". Yeah, they might mean nothing... except it would take a hell of a chance for them to mean nothing. Feel free to believe you are living in that unique universe where that chance realized.

Deleted
    Like I said, keep your head in the sand.
    Please tell us more how you extract conclusions on number of people playing by looking at random proxy data like... how many defeated the "easiest heroic boss on the first raid tier" or how many "got into the pvp ladder".

You're delusional. You will never understand that point though otherwise you wouldn't be a rambling delusional person.

So please keep entertaining us with that data.

Please tell us more how you extract conclusions on number of people playing by looking at random proxy data like... how many defeated the "easiest heroic boss on the first raid tier" or how many "got into the pvp ladder".

You're delusional. You will never understand that point though otherwise you wouldn't be a rambling delusional person.

So please keep entertaining us with that data.
    The data is not random.

Deleted
    The data is not random.
    Oh no its totally sane to claim the playerbase is declining by looking at how many people killed a boss or how many took part in pvp.
    It doesn't show any sort of preconception at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Mounts seem nice
    Meh...I kinda disagree there. I find them somewhat boring, the dragon maybe.... none of them really fit trolls though so yeah.

Oh no its totally sane to claim the playerbase is declining by looking at how many people killed a boss or how many took part in pvp.
    It doesn't show any sort of preconception at all.
    Yes, it is totally sane to do that if these proxies keep declining for years and other proxies do the same.

No preconception.

Anything else? (Maybe pack all you have to say into a single post instead of shouting in short sentences. You know, state your point. Otherwise it is hard to justify replying, there's just too little worth replying to.)