Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    https://youtu.be/sAGzQPNlle4?t=793

Framerate literally drops to 0 for multiple seconds.

Holy shit.
    Reviewer states in his 50 hours of playing it barely happened. /eyeroll

I have not seen one review video yet that has cited FPS issues impacting there experiance negatively.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/...be-transferred

Saved games are saved to the internal memory, and can't be backed up to external memory.

Yeah, let's just hope Nintendo adds the ability to save data to the external memory in a future update like the 3DS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post

I have not seen one review video yet that has cited FPS issues impacting there experiance negatively.
    Which reviewer was it? Most I've heard tended to have the framerate issues while playing docked and not while in handheld mode.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post

Might want to watch the easy allies and ign reviews then kiddo. They both said it did. That is only 2/3 of the reviews I watched.

I don't give a shit if it's the greatest game of all time, drastic performance hitches always impacts the experience of a game especially if it's like a god damn bethesda game on ps3 and dropping to 0 fps.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...de-sync-issues

Switch Joy-Cons tested: are there really de-sync issues?
    The Nintendo Switch's day one system update has launched, and there are reports online that installing the patch with the Joy-Cons attached updates the firmware on the controllers, resolving the de-sync issues. Is this really the case? Unfortunately not. We've updated our console with controllers attached and re-run the battery of tests detailed below. In all cases, the range and consistency of the connection of each Joy-Con remains the same, and the left controller still has demonstrably weaker range than the right. Eurogamer has contacted Nintendo several times now concerning this issue, and we still await a reply.
    Like I have said before this is likely a hardware issue and can't be fixed with a patch.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Like I have said before this is likely a hardware issue and can't be fixed with a patch.
    at this point it's 50/50 really.

some people are experiencing it getting better after the installation of the patch.
    some are claiming it won't take effect before the switch is rebooted with the joycons attached.
    some are reporting no change whatsoever.

Some people have also brought up the point that regulatories and type approvals are different from the EU to the US regarding radio communications which could possibly cause units sold in the different regions to act a little differently.
    i don't know if there's any hold in that statement though, but it could possibly be relevant if it holds true (end explain why some are experiencing the issue and some aint).

in other news: it seems like the pro controller can be used natively on the PC as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3ofL4lE_ZA
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-03-02 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    at this point it's 50/50 really.

some people are experiencing it getting better after the installation of the patch.
    some are claiming it won't take effect before the switch is rebooted with the joycons attached.
    some are reporting no change whatsoever.
    Could be, Also would be people just trying to get views.

I personally trust DF more then some random person on the net (Not saying you) that disagree's or says there experience is different then DF's. The fact its a issue at all is a major problem. In the Nintendo Switch review video DF did they said it can happen just because ur in a big room with some distance between you and the Switch.

That is a major flaw, Also I doubt (but it could happen) that the hardware is different between EU and US.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...intendo-switch
    Friend codes return for Nintendo Switch
    You can also add local users or people you've played with.
    The year is 2017, and Nintendo Switch features the return of friend codes - 12 digit numbers which let others add you as a friend.

They're fiddly, outdated and universally hated among Nintendo players.

It's only now, with Nintendo Switch's day-one update live, we're able to see your friend-adding options.

Your friend list is accessible by tapping on your user profile icon on the Switch's top left
    From there you get a screen with links to your public profile, friend list, add friend settings and user settings.

Adding a friend will require you to enter their 12-digit friend code, find a local user or search for people you have played with.
    Since online gaming is not yet possible on Switch, this option remains empty.

However, a list of friend suggestions lists people with Nintendo Accounts who also have Switch and who you have connected to on Miitomo or Super Mario Run.
    There is no option to add friends using your linked Facebook or Twitter accounts.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Could be, Also would be people just trying to get views.

I personally trust DF more then some random person on the net (Not saying you) that disagree's or says there experience is different then DF's. The fact its a issue at all is a major problem. In the Nintendo Switch review video DF did they said it can happen just because ur in a big room with some distance between you and the Switch.
    some products despite being ''the same'' have to be altered for the european market (a lot of american pick-up trucks as an example, some electric appliances as well)

i'm sceptic when people are talking about the various ways of how the patch is supposed to work on the joycons, because there's not really any good documentation on it rather than ''it works better now'' which may just be confirmation bias.

it is indeed a bit troubling at the current moment (i hope i get one of those that's exempt from the issue) and i hope that it can be dealt with through firmware.
    if not, then nintendo better start planning a trade-in/replacement program for the (left)joycons.

One thing the Eurogamer article forgot to mention is you only need one friend code. You can give your friend code, and then your friend can send an invite.

Or you could put your friend code in a signature and people can send their invites and you can friend them or decline, or block them if need be.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=512

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    some products despite being ''the same'' have to be altered for the european market (a lot of american pick-up trucks as an example, some electric appliances as well)

i'm sceptic when people are talking about the various ways of how the patch is supposed to work on the joycons, because there's not really any good documentation on it rather than ''it works better now'' which may just be confirmation bias.

it is indeed a bit troubling at the current moment (i hope i get one of those that's exempt from the issue) and i hope that it can be dealt with through firmware.
    if not, then nintendo better start planning a trade-in/replacement program for the (left)joycons.
    I agree and if distance is a issue then I would have said issue. I got a bigger living room then the average person and if it wasn't for the fact I sit in the middle of it this would be a problem for me.

From what DF said (and I could be wrong) At around 10 feet it has desync issues. My living room is a bit more then 10 feet so that would cause problems for me. I also wounder because of where it would have to go would that be a problem.

Ether way its a turn off and something I have to worry about when I get a Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    One thing the Eurogamer article forgot to mention is you only need one friend code. You can give your friend code, and then your friend can send an invite.

Or you could put your friend code in a signature and people can send their invites and you can friend them or decline, or block them if need be.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=512
    Its still a stupid ass system and it should be much more simple like you know.....just sending a friend request.

Its still a stupid ass system and it should be much more simple like you know.....just sending a friend request.
    And yet, you can just send a simple friend request.

Playing locally with someone? Friend request.

Just played a bit of Mario Kart with someone online? Friend request.

Friends with someone on Miitomo or Mario Run? Friend request.

The only time you need to send a Friend Code is when none of the above criteria are met and you can send a friend request, so the other person doesn't have to send their's out.

I would like to see social media integration in order to find people I know and send invites from their instead of sending out my friend code.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tech614 View Post
    https://youtu.be/sagzqpnlle4?t=793

framerate literally drops to 0 for multiple seconds.

Holy shit.
    10/10 goty
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

The more I'm hearing about the Switch and it's performance, the happier I am that I'm not getting one.

Will Zelda: Breath of the Wild sell Switches?

Friend codes.

What year is it, again?

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Will Zelda: Breath of the Wild sell Switches?
    It will but how many is a different story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The more I'm hearing about the Switch and it's performance, the happier I am that I'm not getting one.
    Looking at how overpriced are in my county stores, not getting one right now.
    339,99 € is the cheapest one.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Looking at how overpriced are in my county stores, not getting one right now.
    339,99 € is the cheapest one.
    That's cheap. We have it for 380 €.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That's cheap. We have it for 380 €.
    That was a price on net. In store itself its more expensive. Also shipping costs here are insane. So in the end it gets pretty much close to your price.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Technically possible to with an update. It requires a bit of a 'boost' so to speak. Putting more power into it. Example of it would be iPhone 7 with Intel modem. Since Intel's modem wasn't as up to snuff in almost every fashion to Qualcomm's, signal were often weaker than the Qualcomm equivalent and would disconnect. So Apple released an update for phones with Intel modem to help with it. While still not up to snuff with Qualcomm's performance, it at least wasn't dropping connection/calls as often.