Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Well since what you wrote isn´t what actually happens, my approach wasn´t meant to be original but more silly and pointing you to read a bit into what is happening here.

You seem not to care enough about the EU (as some well known other posters here) to read into the topic but just go by an article and be happy you can rant about something you clearly have no knowledge about.
    yes, I always call people idiots when 'pointing them to read a bit into what is happening.' especially when I back it up with nothing but grand conjecture about people wanting to just rant. Feel free to poke me when you've gotten your head out of the sand.

Good thing we have a trade agreement with ukraine now(which has military clausules)... nothing going wrong in europe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Yeah, anyone who apparently gives a shit about their culture and themselves days is a "nazi" or "fascist". How dare they put their culture and themselves first. All their woes are unfounded. How dare they not want to live in a multi-cultural utopia.
    This has been an ongoing conflict between leitkultur and multi-culture. Historically no culture survived the ages untouched. There was always a cultural drift. What many people just don't seem to get is that there is no clear majority for either movement but it seems some people are very afraid of losing their identity and culture to someone else.

I have yet to meet a few worthy vocal advocates for my culture. They are usually less caring for our actual culture than integrated immigrants do. Their grasp on the German language is more lousy than that of those they try to get rid of. Their take on culture is very much inconsistent, dishonest and anti-intellectual. Their list of values they aim to protect are astoundingly not too dissimilar to those they reject (strong emphasis on patriarchy, tradition and family) but usually excludes humanistic and humanitarian ideals that which actually defined Western values.

So what do they mistakenly mix up with culture then because actual culture does not seem to be it and I think it is actually the lifestyle because a lot people adhere more to what was previously coined subculture rather than actual century-spanning culture. Western culture as a whole is a new term which didn't even exist a century ago and is a neologism. French would be proud of French culture, Germans would be proud of German culture, Brits would be proud of English culture but still they would import originally incompatible cultural assets and adapt them to their own as they always did. Some things Western are still incompatible with each other, there won't ever be a corrida in Berlin, an actual Oktoberfest in London, a public eating of mämmi in Rome, or widespread adaptation of liberal gun laws across Europe. So if Western cultures have maintained preservation of cultures features among themselves then what's the chance they are adopting values they have nothing in common with? Historically dominant cultures always won, Germanic people eventually adopted Roman customs and Greek philosophies because their own culture was backward and weak, they even did away with their heathen customs and traditions, the Hungarians eventually settled and adopted European customs without becoming completely submerged too despite having to give up a nomadic Pagan warrior lifestyle.

So one has to ask why is it that identity needs to be emphasized at the slightest exposure to change, especially when the fiercest critics are not exposed to said change by themselves and why does it seem irrelevant before it? Are people playing Jedi mindtricks on themselves or do they just entertain the idea that they are in some kind of kulturkampf where the result is ethnic and cultural purity and homogeneity?
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Yeah, anyone who apparently gives a shit about their culture and themselves days is a "nazi" or "fascist". How dare they put their culture and themselves first. All their woes are unfounded. How dare they not want to live in a multi-cultural utopia.
    There is nothing about people from other cultures living in your vicinity that's bad. They're not a threat to your culture.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Not really. People lash out against you if you don't give them a venue to speak. Prohibition doesn't work. Debate does.
    Debate works only with people who want to debate though. Propaganda preaching asshats most of the time aren´t open to debate and if they are they use the debate to either repeat their propaganda or try to denounce their oponents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    yes, I always call people idiots when 'pointing them to read a bit into what is happening.' especially when I back it up with nothing but grand conjecture about people wanting to just rant. Feel free to poke me when you've gotten your head out of the sand.
    Well you jumped in without reading the previous pages else you wouldn´t have written what you did, so everything to back up is already in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Debate works only with people who want to debate though. Propaganda preaching asshats most of the time aren´t open to debate and if they are they use the debate to either repeat their propaganda or try to denounce their oponents.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you jumped in without reading the previous pages else you wouldn´t have written what you did, so everything to back up is already in this thread.
    Imagine what would happen now if we went and blocked Le Pen.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

No, thats not what I'm saying.
    Le Pen however, is a despicable person and her views are simply racist and disgusting.

Theres no way around that.

this is what you get when you have an unelected governing body that has one solution to every problem; more power to them.
    Which of the governing bodies of EU is unelected?

beads and mirrors, the 500 head parliament (elected) can only aye or naye at suggestions from the unelected comissioners.
    Lisbon Treaty says hi. It's in force for only more than 7 years. And has been signed almost a decade ago. And it gave significantly more power to the European Parliament. Which already had more power than what you claim in a few of the earlier treaties. What you're presenting as truth here is ancient history. And most of legislative proposals don't even come strictly from the Commission.

I know two faces from the commision (because why would we know ppl with such authority in 'our europe', amirite).
    Your ignorance is your problem and doesn't negate what @Didactic has said.

Theres Juncker who lost the belgium election and went on to take a position in a higher governing body.

Then theres F. Timmermans who got his position making fictious statements in the security counsil on the MH-17 matter, as is known from him in a shakespearian overtly dramatic manner. Then his party went on to be decimated in the election because even his own constituents were fed up with his manchild drama plays.
    Both were nominated by the governments of their own countries. It's not like Juncker took the position through some tyrannical means.

from the top of my head;
    *Overall dismay of democracy;
    - I believe the first REJECTEDreferendum on the european constitution was in 2005? They changed the name to a treaty instead of a constitution and got it done that a way.
    They changed more than that. And sorry to inform you, but if you vote on a different thing and the result is different, it doesn't make the process ndemocratic.

Funny enough, the not EU questions always come up in EU threads.
    EU-anything* Like Brexit. But muh immigration from Pakistan that is dependent on UK's own deals with former colonies! Leave the tyrants!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Imagine what would happen now if we went and blocked Le Pen.
    Nothing, i guess. Do you think she would gain support just because she was blocked based on her remarks?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    EU is a way to idealistic institution aiming for Utopia, and it will fall because of it.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Im loving it pls do more retarded stuff like this EU lawmakers.

Stefan"the welder"Löven and his party geting kicked out for good and Swexit here we come.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    There is nothing about people from other cultures living in your vicinity that's bad. They're not a threat to your culture.
    You are right and wrong. Just because they are apart of another culture doesn't make them bad. When you get people who are of a different culture who don't share the same standards of community or have the intent on being apart of your culture, that is a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, thats not what I'm saying.
    Le Pen however, is a despicable person and her views are simply racist and disgusting.

Theres no way around that.
    That is exactly what you are saying. Anyone that suggests the people of a country should put themselves first, over people whom are not, is automatically dubbed "hitler" "Nazi" "Fascist" etc.

Despicable person, fine w/e that's your opinion. Her views are racist and disgusting? What about her platform is disgusting or racist?

You are right and wrong. Just because they are apart of another culture doesn't make them bad. When you get people who are of a different culture who don't share the same standards of community or have the intent on being apart of your culture, that is a problem.
    That's not a problem. It's only a problem if you yourself have a problem with other cultures existing besides yours in a society. I've never had any significant problems because of people who have a different culture than me.

Do you know why? Because it's not my business how other people live their life.
    Last edited by Moratori; 2017-03-02 at 03:42 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's not a problem. It's only a problem if you yourself have a problem with other cultures existing besides yours in a society. I've never had any significant problems because of people who have a different culture than me.

Do you know why? Because it's not my business how other people live their life.
    Your anecdotal experience while commendable ignores the fact that sometimes it's the other culture, who is not assimilating, which has the problem.

Sometimes it's the other culture that has moved into a different country, different culture, but refuses to respect or acknowledge their hosts culture. Instead, trying to project their culture from their home country on to other's in forceful and oppressive ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    The law is there for a reason, if you don't know european history as an american, that is alright but don't go claiming this is to counter freedom of speech, if you can't explain the birth of these laws you can't expect us to assume you know why these things are taken serious.

I am also all for removing that silly rule that makes politicians immune to such charges. Immunity wasn't granted to use the EU stage as your personal twitter antics playground.

Your anecdotal experience while commendable ignores the fact that sometimes it's the other culture, who is not assimilating, which has the problem.

Sometimes it's the other culture that has moved into a different country, different culture, but refuses to respect or acknowledge their hosts culture. Instead, trying to project their culture from their home country on to other's in forceful and oppressive ways.
    Never seen this happen, ever. Problems related to other cultures being introduced in a society mostly stems from the majority culture being intolerant.

Deleted
    Very SJW of them...aren't they supposed to be adults in there?..

They're shitting their pants because far right party are gaining more and more momentum in Europe and they're not part of the establishment. Basically what this law is is that they want a way to pull the plug when Farage start to rant, I'm not sure it will help though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    They're shitting their pants because far right party are gaining more and more momentum in Europe and they're not part of the establishment. Basically what this law is is that they want a way to pull the plug when Farage start to rant, I'm not sure it will help though.

Le Pen is far behind Macron in the 2th round.
    the PVV(Wilders) is going down in the polls
    The AfD is also going down in the polls.

What momentum? Seems they are losing it since Trumpy got ellected.

What momentum? Seems they are losing it since Trumpy got ellected.
    I'm talking about years here, not the last 2 month. Since the past few years far right/populist party are gaining momentum. They have some low and some high but globally they're going up.

But this law is censorship and it's vague. Basically they want a way to pull the plug when someone start to rant in the parliament and grip their well oiled propaganda machine.

Deleted
    Never seen this happen, ever. Problems related to other cultures being introduced in a society mostly stems from the majority culture being intolerant.
    Sweden is really known for its intolerance...