Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnagore View Post
    How hard is it to pug a norm.
    And how hard is it for you to IGNORE lfr ?

Spoiler, easier than pugging a normal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you wish LFR was removed from game?
    My vote is strongly YES!
    Nope,

It's a nice tool to help me gear up alts quickly and easily while simultaneously pooling up augment runes for my main.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If normal is so "easy" as people are regularly stating, then perhaps be willing to look at how the two formats differ beyond just difficulty.
    The main issue for me, and I am sure represents at least some reasonable amount of players is the pre-planning that a traditional raid requires.
    I can't commit to a schedule any moderate amount of time in advance, or even at short notice.
    Real life for me has a tendency to interrupt.
    I used to be in a guild where real life was understood to be a pain in the backside often.
    now there seems to be very little willingness to understand that someone can have a less convenient set of circumstances than you, and for good reason can't just put their life completely aside when it suits them.
    this. i dont do other types of raids because i may need to drop at a moments notice. also don't want to commit to a "schedule".. i'll play when i want to thanks

It should at least be redesigned from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Summing up the ones saying LFR should be removed:

I only PvP, so all PvE content should be removed. I hate having people joining my groups having a high ilvl when all they've done is beaten scripted encounters over and over again.

On topic: As a semi-hardcore raider, when LFR was introduced, it felt mandatory to do until you had your setbonuses, heck, during all of dragon soul I never replaced my LFR tier chest while having heroic gear in EVERY OTHER GEAR SLOT.. At that point I hated LFR, I hated that it was something you had to do. Today though, I love it since my normal playing schedule doesn't allow me to even pug a normal every week. It's nice being able to split up the raid and do a wing or two when it suits me.

Edit: What I'd really love though, even though it might be hard to balance, would be letting people run the current raids with 5 people, for slightly lower ilvl gear, kind of like 10/25 worked before. That way I could gather up my friends and experience the raids somewhat. It would be a more fair representation of a raid than LFR is at least...
    Last edited by SirreASDF; 2017-03-02 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    but what you have to understand is that it's not as simple as "not giving a fuck what content others choose to do." .
    Yes it is that simple because its a video game......

Wanting content removed because u don't like it does nothing but hurt the game.

(Not saying you do).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-02 at 04:18 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    No, I dont do LFR so I don't (and should NOT) care as it doesn't affect me. Why would I wanna ruin the fun for the people that enjoy a part of them game I never even see?
    It's like removing Pet Battles, also something I never do, but why on earth should that be removed just because I don't like it?

Selfish and stupid to wanna remove LFR.
    Because battle pets dont drop 925 titanforgerged gear

Do you wish LFR was removed from game?
    My vote is strongly YES!
    I'd vote removing LFR complaining long before I'd vote for removing LFR, and I'm no friend of doing LFR.

I've never had a difficulty in pugging a normal mode of anything in Legion, on either my geared MW monk, on my under geared Frost DK or my super under geared Afflic warlock.

Maybe it's less about it being hard to pug a normal mode, and more about the time of day/day of the week you're trying to pug it, you're always going to have a wait if you're pugging outside of the busy times and days.

It bothers me because it breeds retards, People have no clue like ZERO FU*KING CLUE about the mechanics, also people saying "it doesnt affect you" dont be stupid, of course it affects me and others, coz these retards are joining out pug M+ groups our pug raids ect coming in and wasting out time, when something can titanforge to 900 from LFR THAT IS A HUGE PROBLEM, people reciving the highest quality loot from practically AFKing...
    If you played in Vanilla, BC, Wrath, or pre Dragon soul Cata, you'd have quite a few stories about terrible players and even worse pugs.

A lot of non cutting edge raiding guilds and of course pug groups/raids took in warm idiot bodies that spent the whole of fights hugging the floor, there were hunters who didn't have pets, warriors wearing tons of +spellpower armor because thunderclap, holy priests who refused to use downranked spells because it was beneath them and then would oom near the beginning of a fight...

I wish I still had my screenshots that went down with an old PC that showed my RL and several members just telling me to "just heal" them through fights in Wrath where they were patently ignoring mechanics that were intended to kill players and wipe raids, and I had a huge folder full of screenshots of various pugs I met doing stupid shit in regular and heroic dungeons that dated back to when I started healing in early BC. If I had these still, I'd make a giant gallery of them on imgur and then link to it everytime I see a post assert this kind of thing about whomever they're shitting on this week, be it LFRers, puggers, normal raiders, non raiders, whatever. Too bad the old official forums don't really exist anymore, either, as they were awash with players calling out others for poor performances and stupid behaviors in raids and groups.

Again, I don't get where this idea that all players were top notch performers or damn near it before LFR; they weren't. Do you not remember just how dumb the pug scenes were on a lot of realms? How you really couldn't pug a raid on some even once they were outgeared? How for a lot of people raids were untouchable due to not being able to keep certain guilds schedules or not being able to make that one organized pug on server that actually killed the bosses raid times? Did you actually play WoW before LFR/crossserver queues were a thing?

As for titanforging, warforging, random sockets, etc, that's more a game system problem to me than a LFR one, I hate the whole concept and don't think it should be a thing on any loot, just for the power creep problem it exacerbates alone.
    Last edited by undeadmoon; 2017-03-02 at 05:18 PM.

Because battle pets dont drop 925 titanforgerged gear
    Nor do raids unless a proc occurs. You could be full 865 from LFR and full 890 from Heroic stuff and not have a single Titanforge proc either way. You seem to really care about people doing LFR though in a very unhealthy manner. Almost obsessively.

If your only real argument of any substance is that it somehow kills the enjoyment of getting down bosses on a higher difficulty then that's more to do with you obviously don't enjoy the game anymore. By your logic you haven't had this feeling since you downed Deathwing HC in Cata. Which I find hard to believe.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-02 at 05:08 PM.

It is stupid to remove LFR from this game giving that a lot of players are solo players. Not everyone is in a raiding guild; therefore, these players without active raiding guilds run LFR as a last resort to find gears. If you think LFR is broken, go join a raiding guild: I'm sure a lot of guilds run normal raid if not heroic or mythic. LFR is an option in the game--players don't like it, don't que up for it. I play this game for one purpose; pvp. And I find LFR is a good tool to help me experience the raids itself and find some upgraded gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nor do raids unless a proc occurs. You could be full 865 from LFR and full 890 from Heroic stuff and not have a single Titanforge proc either way. You seem to really care about people doing LFR though in a very unhealthy manner. Almost obsessively.
    its silly hes trying to make out that the raid finder is shitting out 925 titan forged items like candy, when getting something like that is more like winning the lotto. the highest item i think i've got from lfr is a 895 cape, that i traded to someone else because i didn't need it.

too much focus on what other ppl are doing, not enough focus on what your doing. focus more on your own progress and less on other ppl and you'll live longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    its silly hes trying to make out that the raid finder is shitting out 925 titan forged items like candy, when getting something like that is more like winning the lotto. the highest item i think i've got from lfr is a 895 cape, that i traded to someone else because i didn't need it.

too much focus on what other ppl are doing, not enough focus on what your doing. focus more on your own progress and less on other ppl and you'll live longer.
    This. If you really care what someone else is doing so much that you need to cry to have it removed from the game yet it affects you in no way then you are the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    I like it for my Alts tbh when I cba to go through normal mode on them.
    I like it for my alts too; when I need some gear so I can meet the ilvl for the groups going through normal, it is significantly less stress and effort for me to do LFR rather than Mythic+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Personally yes I do wish it would be gone, but its not going to happen.

It is a backbone for many players just like LFG is and gives people with less time a way to experience endgame.

As I said i'm not a fan of it, but normal is pretty easy now, so just PUG if you dont want to LFR.

removing LFR and all the bitching about it is something i'll never understand

LFR is story mode, it's meant for casuals, pvpers or alts, that's all

Deleted
    I think LFR is holding back quite a few players from ever trying Normal or higher. It's to convenient to do, and I doesn't necesarilly live up to a fantasy of what a raid should be.

Do I think LFR should be removed from the game? No.

Do I think the introduction of LFR was a bad move for certain parts of the game that I care about? Yes.

Do I wish LFR had not been implemented in the way it was (or at all)? Yes.

LFR is here to stay and it's useful. Not much we can do about that. I'll keep using it to gear up my alts and farm augment runes, and I'll keep raiding the way I want to raid. The one argument I hate about this is that somehow there being an LFR difficulty means that the achievement of doing Heroic or Mythic is dampened. That's like saying because the Witcher 3 has an Easy difficulty where you can see the whole story, playing on Hard isn't fun. LFR has some problems but that talk track is just garbage.

7+ Year Old Account
    LFR does not necessarily need to be removed
    What needs to be removed, is the extremely lucrative random rewards u get from LFR that forces mains to do it
    You know what i'm talking about: Warforged / Titanforged / Socket / Extra stat system.
    Just for that extremely extremely small chance of getting the high ilvl gear you'd run LFR for it..
    Catering to casuals =/= making it compulsory for hardcores too
    Removing the warforged / titanforged system should fix it completely
    Either that or bar the players from entering LFR on higher ilvl chars / limit entry.

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Yes. Two reasons.
    First, people couldn't be elitist idiots dissing those who do LFR.
    Second, those who now do LFR would do other content and not whine about slow gating or bad loot from LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Radianshot View Post
    LFR does not necessarily need to be removed
    What needs to be removed, is the extremely lucrative random rewards u get from LFR that forces mains to do it
    You know what i'm talking about: Warforged / Titanforged / Socket / Extra stat system.
    Just for that extremely extremely small chance of getting the high ilvl gear you'd run LFR for it..
    Catering to casuals =/= making it compulsory for hardcores too
    Removing the warforged / titanforged system should fix it completely
    Either that or bar the players from entering LFR on higher ilvl chars / limit entry.
    How did LFR work out in WOD when the rewards was gutted, It didn't work at all and is why it was reverted back to the MOP model. If just one single thing outside of NM+ raiding is worth getting "Hardcore" players will bitch and moan about it.

The game can't and shouldn't be catered to the whelms of such a small few.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Second, those who now do LFR would do other content and not whine about slow gating or bad loot from LFR.
    You do realize this has been proven to be bullshit right? LFR came at the end of Cata and subs was bleeding before it. LFR was gutted in WOD to be 99% pointless and subs was bleeding then as well.

People don't just do other content when the content they want to do is removed.....They leave.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD