Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Does that not seem a little short sighted to anyone else?

I mean, maybe it's just me... But I like to have my build at least 90% locked down before I roll a character. If they're going to be changing things around and moving them in the passive tree on the day the League goes live, it doesn't exactly give us much chance to work these things out...
    They have always done that. Servers go down 3 hours before patch goes live to give people with slow internet time to download, and they release everything at that same time.

So yea you've got 3 hours to sort last minute changes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Another question for seasoned players: the general weapon changes - what impact will they have on gameplay? Basically because i have no clue about current situation and what changes with the patch.
    It makes one handed axes/maces etc better/competitive maybe. Apart from that nothing to worry about really
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    -snip-
    As you said, i'm fine with melee range and since i want TS i suppose AB will be my choice. I will check about the correct supports to use (LMPS + Echo + Faster Proj+Life Leech looks stilla good setup).

I've done some changes to the skeleton tree and ended up with THIS - should be better suited for my idea. I have taken out both Elemental Overload and Equilibrium since as you said resistances are negated by the Inquisitor passive which i plan to take.
    I'll have to search for shield block nodes to make TS more effective.

Best to use a dagger for the increased crit chance or scepter for spell/elemental damage?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post

It makes one handed axes/maces etc better/competitive maybe. Apart from that nothing to worry about really
    Ok, thanks.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-01 at 03:24 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I would say that looks like a much better tree so far. You're also close to a lot of nice clusters in case you decide you want a second curse, or 7% spell block, or need more mana regen or reduced mana costs, and things like that.

I personally don't think Arctic Breath needs Faster Projectiles (especially if you're at close range); it wouldn't hurt, but I'd imagine there are other options that are at least as helpful. Some include Concentrated Effect which is a huge damage multiplier at the cost of smaller AoE radius, or Hypothermia which causes the linked skill to do more damage to chilled enemies; Arctic Breath leaves chilling ground so anything that isn't chill immune (I'm not even sure if there are such enemies; maybe with certain map mods) will be chilled while on it, regardless of their max Life.

Daggers are probably your best bet, not only for the critical strike chance (although that was nerfed a bit this patch), but also since you can use Whirling Blades with daggers, which is the fastest spammable movement skill. It can't jump over terrain/gaps though.
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2017-03-01 at 03:32 PM.

Daggers are probably your best bet, not only for the critical strike chance (although that was nerfed a bit this patch), but also since you can use Whirling Blades with daggers, which is the fastest spammable movement skill. It can't jump over terrain/gaps though.
    Yes, i think the second curse will be definitely used. I'm also literally 8 points far from 2 additional jewel nodes in addition to the three i have already - and from what i get Jewels are really strong options, so there's also that way to pursue. I've 40 points left which should be more than enough room to move; i can also easily reach the big life node near the Scion if needed or the Energy Shield one i have passed near to.

I'm worried now about mana costs and mana in general, since spam-casting a spell should be more costly than i'm used to. Well, i'll se what happens while trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    So yea you've got 3 hours to sort last minute changes

Eh I guess that'll have to be enough! Still say it seems a little harsh, especially in a game with VERY limited respec options...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm worried now about mana costs and mana in general, since spam-casting a spell should be more costly than i'm used to. Well, i'll se what happens while trying.
    It can be bothersome, but you have quite a few solutions near your current tree. Excluding the usual option of chugging mana flasks.
    - Quick Recovery and Deep Thoughts aren't bad raw mana regen nodes. Could also consider the mana/life regen nodes by the Templar starting spot.
    - Righteous Decree is a good amount of max mana and mana cost reduction, as is Dynamo if you're at the Scion life cluster; note that reduced mana costs stack additively, which is great when grabbing a lot of them (given that you have Tireless).
    - Sovereignty reduces aura reservation costs, which either gives you more mana directly, or you can possibly spend some on a low-mid level Clarity.
    - One Inquisitor passive chain will frequently create Consecrated Ground, and grants 4% mana/sec while on Consecrated Ground.
    - You could cast Rallying Cry during fights.

As you said, i'm fine with melee range and since i want TS i suppose AB will be my choice. I will check about the correct supports to use (LMPS + Echo + Faster Proj+Life Leech looks stilla good setup).

I've done some changes to the skeleton tree and ended up with THIS - should be better suited for my idea. I have taken out both Elemental Overload and Equilibrium since as you said resistances are negated by the Inquisitor passive which i plan to take.
    I'll have to search for shield block nodes to make TS more effective.

Best to use a dagger for the increased crit chance or scepter for spell/elemental damage?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, thanks.

If you are going for arctic breath, I would remove faster projectiles (it was there for ice spear crit range) and instead use increased critical strikes support (gives 1.9% flat crit % base) and then you can add increased critical strike multiplier as 6th support gem if you get a 6L/tabula rasa.

Wouldn't worry to much about mana - the 2% mana leech on using warlord's mark is more then enough (note, icestorm is 110 mana / cast and I can spam it just fine with just that leech) - and you can get the boots leech enchant in lab to get another .6% if nescessary. But it shouldn't be!

Also if you go for the extra curse and use curse on hit to apply, you will get another 20% curse effectiveness on that 2% leech, making it 2.4% already

Your tree looks fine honestly, it's a good skeleton starter to add whatever you feel you lack afterwards.

You are so close to 2nd curse that that is a given, might as well put them in already!

If you are a crit build, always use a dagger for the implicit crit, even after the nerf it's still amazing. Bonus for being able to use whirling blades, it's imo 2nd best movement skill ingame (and best if you are not using an ias build, imo) after shield charge.

edit: they buffed a LOT of block uniques, so with a little drop luck you wouldn't need to invest to much in the passive tree.

- - - Updated - - -

After looking around through all the changes...

VSpark Inquisitor it is... at least as the first farm char.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-03-01 at 04:29 PM.
    My DK

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Does that not seem a little short sighted to anyone else?

I mean, maybe it's just me... But I like to have my build at least 90% locked down before I roll a character. If they're going to be changing things around and moving them in the passive tree on the day the League goes live, it doesn't exactly give us much chance to work these things out...
    They have released the JSON file by now so you can theorycraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    They have released the JSON file by now so you can theorycraft.
    Eh, I guess that helps, a bit!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

@falagar112 and @Shaiandra thanks to both for the tips. I am playing a little with teh scion and reached 69 this morning, have to do the act 3 boss but i suppose it's just going to be parked there until the end of time or when they give a free respec since they're changing a lot the tree i invested a lot on.

I'm happy now that i've been able to design a decent spc for starters and i'll see how it will go compared to my first char.

Also going full SSF so i'll keep it as backup for eventual opting out (but i don't think it will happen anytime soon).

EDIT: as for movement skill, well, since i have a shield i could use shield charge too Should fit the concept more.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-02 at 10:41 AM.

@falagar112 and @Shaiandra thanks to both for the tips. I am playing a little with teh scion and reached 69 this morning, have to do the act 3 boss but i suppose it's just going to be parked there until the end of time or when they give a free respec since they're changing a lot the tree i invested a lot on.

I'm happy now that i've been able to design a decent spc for starters and i'll see how it will go compared to my first char.

Also going full SSF so i'll keep it as backup for eventual opting out (but i don't think it will happen anytime soon).

EDIT: as for movement skill, well, since i have a shield i could use shield charge too Should fit the concept more.
    I wish they would make just a SF league (as in, without the solo) because I'm happy with not trading but I dislike not being able to play with my friends

This patch tomorrow comes with a free respec on all your characters btw
    My DK

This patch tomorrow comes with a free respec on all your characters btw
    Then i'll be able to fix my character Since blade flurry damage has also been nerfed, i'll move towards Cold damage - i changed Bladefall to Vortex and it's just what i needed (until i decide to become a fireball machinegun) or just go crazy and add both Bladefall and Ethereal Knives and focus on spell/physical damage.

EDIT: do Vaal skills bypass the souls cost as the normal ones bypass the mana cost via CWC?
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-02 at 12:49 PM.

Then i'll be able to fix my character Since blade flurry damage has also been nerfed, i'll move towards Cold damage - i changed Bladefall to Vortex and it's just what i needed (until i decide to become a fireball machinegun) or just go crazy and add both Bladefall and Ethereal Knives and focus on spell/physical damage.

EDIT: do Vaal skills bypass the souls cost as the normal ones bypass the mana cost via CWC?
    That would be kinda nuts/everyone would be playing some vaal molten shell variant most likely

So no they don't. I'm 99% sure that even if you link it AND have the souls, it wouldn't proc.
    With vaal haste and disc nerfed into the ground, I'm not sure you should bother with any vaal skill except maybe vaal molten shell+increased duration+life leech as an ohshit button, that is pretty amazing on a life/armor build.

small edit:
    if you ever decide to go for a phys/spelldmg build ->
    http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crown_of_Eyes
    mandatory imo
    My DK

Really hope this comes to PS4 as well. Would love to just sit on my couch and play this. Xbox One hdd is full atm and there isn't anything I really want to or can delete.

small edit:
    if you ever decide to go for a phys/spelldmg build ->
    http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crown_of_Eyes
    mandatory imo
    Uh, that's really nice. I can build up spell damage to improve Bladefall/EK and get more Blade Flurry damage too Have to test how CWC behaviours with two spells :P

DAT fire res reduction though.

Uh, that's really nice. I can build up spell damage to improve Bladefall/EK and get more Blade Flurry damage too Have to test how CWC behaviours with two spells :P

DAT fire res reduction though.
    Yea it makes all your spelldamage nodes doubledip, it's an amazing helm.
    2 spells on CwC makes both spells alternate rather then make them cast simultaneously unfortunately, so it's not worth it.

edit: works on physical attacks only, of course, so wouldn't affect EK etc, it's more for the wander idea you had.

- - - Updated - - -

I will miss this
    My DK

-snip video-

I will miss this
    Lol what the fuck did i just see.

Lol what the fuck did i just see.
    Current AoE radius fun.. gone tomorrow
    My DK

I'm still not sure if I'll be playing Legacy or will wait for 3.0 to play again; I don't have infinite spare time!..

Though in case I do, for some reason I'm contemplating trying some Shrapnel Shot Trap character. With Point Blank of course, and ideally hope to get a Chin Sol (unless I can find an even better bow) in the long run. Might also toss Puncture Traps now and then, and probably use Frenzy for utility (it'll do low damage with Point Blank, but benefits like FCs, possibly PCoC or CoH, chance to knockback and things) while traps are recharging and so...

I haven't really played a trapper before. Are there viable classes for this other than Saboteur, or are Saboteurs far and away the best trappers? Assuming I just have the normal passive tree's 20% trap cooldown recovery speed, is one Trap type enough or will I likely have to alternate two or more?

I'm not sure what other non-Saboteur Ascendancy classes would be of consideration for something like this. Stuff like Deadeye might not be too bad although a few slightly wasted points. Actually that makes me wonder; how does the "attack projectiles return to you" work with traps? Although with Point Blank the return trip won't do much damage...

I have completely other plans if this idea doesn't sound viable at all, but thoughts? Is Shrapnel Shot Trap a thing worth considering?

I'm still not sure if I'll be playing Legacy or will wait for 3.0 to play again; I don't have infinite spare time!..

Though in case I do, for some reason I'm contemplating trying some Shrapnel Shot Trap character. With Point Blank of course, and ideally hope to get a Chin Sol (unless I can find an even better bow) in the long run. Might also toss Puncture Traps now and then, and probably use Frenzy for utility (it'll do low damage with Point Blank, but benefits like FCs, possibly PCoC or CoH, chance to knockback and things) while traps are recharging and so...

I haven't really played a trapper before. Are there viable classes for this other than Saboteur, or are Saboteurs far and away the best trappers? Assuming I just have the normal passive tree's 20% trap cooldown recovery speed, is one Trap type enough or will I likely have to alternate two or more?

I'm not sure what other non-Saboteur Ascendancy classes would be of consideration for something like this. Stuff like Deadeye might not be too bad although a few slightly wasted points. Actually that makes me wonder; how does the "attack projectiles return to you" work with traps? Although with Point Blank the return trip won't do much damage...

I have completely other plans if this idea doesn't sound viable at all, but thoughts? Is Shrapnel Shot Trap a thing worth considering?
    Viable sure, does not have to be a saboteur at all - it is of course nice but all damage in that ascendancy is increased rather then more, so you'd take it mostly for chain reaction and the small chance to double trigger.

Not sure of the interaction between attack proj return to you and traps.

But I'm not sure what other ascendancy would be good (except deadeye). Pathfinder is decent for it, Raider might be an option (some of the damage is wasted but status immune and bonus on frenzy charges is kinda amazing,esp if you can fit in phase run as well)

Assassin might not be half bad either, I think to make it viable you'll have to go crit anyways (since shrapnel converts to light, not adding shock would be a crime!)

I wasn't sure if to play legacy but if there's even a remote chance of a legacy shav, I am taking it, it is the one legacy item that I am missing that I wouldn't mind having on standard.

Then again after the reach of the council nerf and legacy prices... I could always sell that if I wanted one so there is that.

Mechanically wise, for someone that already has most legacy items, this league feels a bit meh, but then again, I'd play it anyways, maybe just not as active
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-03-02 at 06:16 PM.
    My DK