Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    just because i play suboptimally doesnt make me bad
    I'm gonna have to ask you to think about that some more.
    maybe, but overall tranquility is better than devo aura
    I do not disagree but remember that Devo has the major advantage of being one of three choices.
    hpallies cant heal more than 1 (2-3 if counting beacons) in a short timespan without using a CD; rdruids raid heal by spreading their HoTs over the entire raid, theres no CD to it and it takes ~10secs to get HoTs on everyone...thats how rdruids raid heal. its pretty obvious if you have played both hpally and rdruid to understand the difference.
    Give a Druid and a Paladin n GCDs and they can apply heals to the same amount of targets.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    I'm gonna have to ask you to think about that some more.
    dont have to think about it, my numbers prove it, im the best healer in my guild. and you havent make any legitimate point as to why thats not true (see previous post; taking 1 suboptimal talent doesnt make someone bad).
    I do not disagree but remember that Devo has the major advantage of being one of three choices.
    that doesnt matter...no matter which aura is chosen neither of the 3 are better than tranquility, unless you use aura of Sacrifice with wings, but thats overkill for me
    Give a Druid and a Paladin n GCDs and they can apply heals to the same amount of targets.
    now this is mindbogglingly false...most of rdruid HoTs are instant cast...an hpally has 2 instant casts on a semi-long CD and everything else is casted...if you truly believe that hpally cast heal the same amount of people in a set amount of time you are delusional.

dont have to think about it, my numbers prove it, im the best healer in my guild. and you havent make any legitimate point as to why thats not true (see previous post; taking 1 suboptimal talent doesnt make someone bad).
    So if I am the first healer in my guild but hit 50% parses means I am good? And if I am the last healer on my guild but hit 85% parses means I am bad? I don't understand your way of determining good/bad.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#metric=hps Ill logshame you for a bit if you continue to spout nonsense. Those are your best heroic kills. You might be the best in your guild, but you have a long way to go compared to the outside world. Dont sit on your arse and exclamate youre the best, actively try and improve yourself instead!

that doesnt matter...no matter which aura is chosen neither of the 3 are better than tranquility, unless you use aura of Sacrifice with wings, but thats overkill for me
    An optimized sac is just as good if not better than a tranq, but you have to plan ahead, sure. However, saying tranq is better than devo in life threathening situations(Star Augur mythic for instance) is so mindnboggeling to me...How can you heal a dead raid back up?

now this is mindbogglingly false...most of rdruid HoTs are instant cast...an hpally has 2 instant casts on a semi-long CD and everything else is casted...if you truly believe that hpally cast heal the same amount of people in a set amount of time you are delusional.
    Ok and this is just flat out false. If we take a 15 second window and we compare a rdruid with a paladin at 0% haste, they both have a 1.5 second gcd. With flash being 1.5 seconds that means a rdruid and hpal can get the same number of casts off: 10.

tl:dr Please, stop thinking youre already at the top, we're not Pehmol, Acurrielle or Aladya.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeleena View Post
    So if I am the first healer in my guild but hit 50% parses means I am good? And if I am the last healer on my guild but hit 85% parses means I am bad? I don't understand your way of determining good/bad.
    whether im good or not is subjective and of course i think im am good because im the top healer in my guild...treeqt was the commenter that claimed i was bad without explaining why, which was what i was alluding to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viriel View Post
    tl:dr Please, stop thinking youre already at the top, we're not Pehmol, Acurrielle or Aladya.
    LOL really, i never said i was the best in the world, i have said on several occasions that i was the best in my guild and my numbers compared to the other healers in my guild proves it. Again, i state, whether im good or not is subjective.

I also said in an earlier post that, yes an optimized devo sac is better but its overkill in my guild raids

- - - Updated - - -

Ok and this is just flat out false. If we take a 15 second window and we compare a rdruid with a paladin at 0% haste, they both have a 1.5 second gcd. With flash being 1.5 seconds that means a rdruid and hpal can get the same number of casts off: 10.

WTF, we are talking about endgame raiding here, and nobody will ever have 0% haste. Rdruids stack haste so their casts are still faster than an hpally and you are forgetting that rdruid top healing spells on meters is rejuv and swiftmend...all instant, added with efflorescence and lifebloom (also instant) rdruids arent waiting for CDs as much as hpallies, not to mention the artifact ability and all the passive procs/talents that add even more free heals...hpallies dont operate like that, so yea...in a 30sec timeframe druids will pump out more heals to more people.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#metric=hps Ill logshame you for a bit if you continue to spout nonsense. Those are your best heroic kills. You might be the best in your guild, but you have a long way to go compared to the outside world. Dont sit on your arse and exclamate youre the best, actively try and improve yourself instead.
    Being the best in my guild was the only claim i have made and you cant think of any reason why that is false other than putting words in my mouth by misquoting me as saying im the best healer on realm, server, world or whatever....which i never stated. Im improving myself everyday...thats called progression, we just downed H Krosus thurs night...we all got better. nobody is sitting on their arse as you claim.
    Last edited by Omaski; 2017-02-24 at 05:09 PM.

Doesn't Aura of Sacrifice require it to be used in conjuction with Avenging Wrath? I've been using Mercy in raids, and while sometimes i pop it with wings if I feel the need, I don't like the idea of blowing two CDs at once if I don't need to.

Yes, aura of sac rly shines if you pair it with another CD, whether that be wings or holy avenger but, in my experience, its overkill to the millionth degree...i have healing partners and that much overhealing is stupid.

Yes, aura of sac rly shines if you pair it with another CD, whether that be wings or holy avenger but, in my experience, its overkill to the millionth degree...i have healing partners and that much overhealing is stupid.
    It's not overkill if you do any meaningful challenging content(E.g. underhealing heroic/mythic)

To the OP, there is a saying for Holy Paladins, ABC- Always be casting. Learn the mechanics of every fight so that you know when to expect damage, this will help you heal the right people at the right time and increase your HPS. Here is a list of some other tips:

1. Take Beacon of Faith. But dont heal your beacon targets unless they are dangerously low, cast your heals on non-tanks that are taking damage. Your Beacons will heal the tanks increasing your effective healing considerably. Will you need to HS or FoL a tank once in a while? Sure, but not often.

2. Hard to do in a pug, but try to coordinate raid healing cooldowns with other healers. You don't want to use your Aura Mastery when the druid is already channeling Tranquility, it won't help you because it will result in overhealing.

3. Take JoL as a talent, but only if nobody else in the raid is using it. While the debuff stacks on the boss only 1 of them will proc for each person hitting the boss. It takes time to get used to casting judgement on cooldown, but as long as you keep practicing it will start to feel natural.

4. We are plate wearing healers with tons of health, go stand with the melee! When melee takes damage use your LoD immediately and make sure you are hitting the whole melee group. Just make sure you know to step away to range before any crazy melee mechanics or follow along with them when they move.

5. This one was tough for me, use your Tyr's Deliverance spell proactively. When you know people are about to start taking damage cast it. I usually pair it with Holy Avenger to reduce the cast time of it.

6. Dont be afraid to use your cooldowns! There are other healers in the raid with much larger healing CD's than you have, dont be shy use them early, use them often.

7. Spec into and use Rule of Law, when Legion started I didn't use this spell, but now I can't live without it. It will increase the effectiveness of your mastery which will increase your healing but you need to remember to use it. As an added bonus it can come in very handy when people are spread out and there is that one DPS that is outranging all your healers, hit Rule of Law and you are now the only healer that can heal that guy, which of course will increase your HPS.

Another thing to note is, where we should be on healing meters really depends on the fight, I'm great on most fights but on fights where everyone is spread out you are going to have a hard time beating the other healers, or even coming close to be honest.

There are other points I could be making, but this post feels long winded as it is. Good luck OP.

It's not overkill if you do any meaningful challenging content(E.g. underhealing heroic/mythic)
    been doing meaningful/challenging content....still the case in my experience

Except it does....By your logic, I could be parsing in the 99th percentile but be 2nd on raid meters behind a Resto Shaman and I would be bad. Holy shit, you're dense.
    I would argue you're not that great and the rest of your healing roster is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Except it does....By your logic, I could be parsing in the 99th percentile but be 2nd on raid meters behind a Resto Shaman and I would be bad. Holy shit, you're dense.
    I would argue you're not that great and the rest of your healing roster is even worse.
    Holy shit you're ignorant, so i'll explain to you just like i tried to explain to treeqt, because neither of you seem to understand...whether im good or not is subjective (if you dont know what that means, its an opinion or personal belief). So argue all you want on if my healing core and I are bad, but Me, my healing roster, and my entire guild are successfully progressing through Heroic NH. So, regardless if you think me or my healing core is good enough doesn't matter because we are getting the job done.

We are not a world first guild, and i never claimed i was the best holy pally on the realm/sever/whatever, but we are good because we are progressing. You, like many others, claimed that I was saying that Im the best Hpally in the world in the best raiding guild in the world.

Whats funny is that I responded to the OP by giving him my take on Hpally HPS...giving him my opinion on why I find success with playing hpally (again, another subjective claim) giving pointers to his issues with pugs kicking him, but then one person takes all of it out of context and tries to fault me for giving my opinion and you follow up with the same retard claim. Im playing Hpally the way i feel comfortable and finding success with it...but you, and others, wanna troll me for it.
    Last edited by Omaski; 2017-03-02 at 07:50 PM.

Holy shit you're ignorant, so i'll explain to you just like i tried to explain to treeqt, because neither of you seem to understand...whether im good or not is subjective (if you dont know what that means, its an opinion or personal belief)

Whats funny is that I responded to the OP by giving him my take on Hpally HPS...giving him my opinion on why I find success with playing hpally (again, another subjective claim) giving pointers to his issues with pugs kicking him
    1) It's not subjective when we know you're not as good as you think. How do we know? We looked at your logs.
    2) Your take on HPS is flawed since you love to play sub-optimally. By giving the OP flawed information you're not helping.
    3) Your talent choices are horrendous. Unbreakable Spirit? Not even going to comment. Sanctified Wrath? Overkill. BoL? I honestly can't think of a fight where BoL outshines BoF. Divine Purpose? Meh (and if you try to argue it's because you have "mana issues" I'd suggest rethinking how you play).

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's cut the arguing and keep on topic, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukibritches View Post
    To the OP, there is a saying for Holy Paladins, ABC- Always be casting. Learn the mechanics of every fight so that you know when to expect damage, this will help you heal the right people at the right time and increase your HPS. Here is a list of some other tips:

1. Take Beacon of Faith. But dont heal your beacon targets unless they are dangerously low, cast your heals on non-tanks that are taking damage. Your Beacons will heal the tanks increasing your effective healing considerably. Will you need to HS or FoL a tank once in a while? Sure, but not often.

2. Hard to do in a pug, but try to coordinate raid healing cooldowns with other healers. You don't want to use your Aura Mastery when the druid is already channeling Tranquility, it won't help you because it will result in overhealing.

3. Take JoL as a talent, but only if nobody else in the raid is using it. While the debuff stacks on the boss only 1 of them will proc for each person hitting the boss. It takes time to get used to casting judgement on cooldown, but as long as you keep practicing it will start to feel natural.

4. We are plate wearing healers with tons of health, go stand with the melee! When melee takes damage use your LoD immediately and make sure you are hitting the whole melee group. Just make sure you know to step away to range before any crazy melee mechanics or follow along with them when they move.

5. This one was tough for me, use your Tyr's Deliverance spell proactively. When you know people are about to start taking damage cast it. I usually pair it with Holy Avenger to reduce the cast time of it.

6. Dont be afraid to use your cooldowns! There are other healers in the raid with much larger healing CD's than you have, dont be shy use them early, use them often.

7. Spec into and use Rule of Law, when Legion started I didn't use this spell, but now I can't live without it. It will increase the effectiveness of your mastery which will increase your healing but you need to remember to use it. As an added bonus it can come in very handy when people are spread out and there is that one DPS that is outranging all your healers, hit Rule of Law and you are now the only healer that can heal that guy, which of course will increase your HPS.

Another thing to note is, where we should be on healing meters really depends on the fight, I'm great on most fights but on fights where everyone is spread out you are going to have a hard time beating the other healers, or even coming close to be honest.

There are other points I could be making, but this post feels long winded as it is. Good luck OP.
    I like this post, a lot.

To add to the stand in melee part: Each fight has several mechanics that will not target you, since youre a melee/ranged hybrid, for instance Liquid Hellfire.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh (and if you try to argue it's because you have "mana issues" I'd suggest rethinking how you play).
    If you think DP is meh you should rethink your opinion about it. DP will be the superior choice over HA more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajwon View Post
    If you think DP is meh you should rethink your opinion about it. DP will be the superior choice over HA more often than not.
    except when it's not, which is all of the time. Proc rate blows, not dependable. HA, on the other hand is an on-demand CD with infinitely more utility possibilities.

Deleted
    Just leveled a paladin as an alt. Do I want to use Avengers Wrath and Holy Avenger at the same time or use them separatly? I would quess I would want to split them up if the situation doesn't call for it. I normally pair them the first time and then use them separetly throughout the fight due to the different cooldown. If I don't see the need to align them of course for upcomming damage.

Can we please get back on topic and stop bashing me for MY PLAYSTYLE?

1) It's not subjective when we know you're not as good as you think. How do we know? We looked at your logs.
    You still dont understand what subjective mean. Logs isnt a know all tell all. It doesn't matter what my logs looks like...what matters is if we are downing bosses...which we are. If my logs mattered, my GL, who looks at logs regularly would have said something.

2) Your take on HPS is flawed since you love to play sub-optimally. By giving the OP flawed information you're not helping.
    still just your opinion, regardless if you think my opinion is flawed, it may work for the OP...its all a playstyle...to each his own

3) Your talent choices are horrendous. Unbreakable Spirit? Not even going to comment. Sanctified Wrath? Overkill. BoL? I honestly can't think of a fight where BoL outshines BoF. Divine Purpose? Meh (and if you try to argue it's because you have "mana issues" I'd suggest rethinking how you play).
    I'll say it again, It my playstyle and it doesnt have to conform to the way you want me to play. i take unbreakable spirit because i have legendary gloves which puts the CD on LoH at 2mins, a great "oh shit" button. Santified wrath works for me because if the entire raid is taking big damage i dont have an ability to get everyone stable so i need my wings to last longer to help. I normally always use BoF, but we are on Heroic Tich and i needed more AoE healing, most hpally guides say that BoL can be taken if you feel Light of Dawn will be used efficiently which it does, along with Divine purpose.

tldr; I dont have to play the way you want me to play, I play the way i want and if my guild needs it...i will change and adapt based off of that. The OP doesnt have to take my advice so if you feel you have a "better" way...explain it to the OP, rather than trolling me for my playstyle. I like the way i play and my guild is successful, isnt that what playing this game is all about? having fun and winning?

- - - Updated - - -

except when it's not, which is all of the time. Proc rate blows, not dependable. HA, on the other hand is an on-demand CD with infinitely more utility possibilities.
    everything you said was subjective (your opinion)...Most, if not all, Hpally guides say that both DP and HA are viable, but that DP is the safer bet while progressing, and stating that HA is just a CD but will help chew thru your mana. they both can be used and its at the discretion of the player but you seem hellbent on wanting everyone to play the way you say they should.
    Last edited by Omaski; 2017-03-03 at 02:29 PM.