Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Turns out there are.
    Well . . . Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because if anything happens, it reflects very poorly on the party and its leadership, and will do serious damage to the Republican brand and their chances of maintaining their majority in congress, as well as a their dominance in most state and local level elections.

They need to find a way to get rid of him without damaging the party, which is a tall order.
    They may not WANT to get rid of him. At the moment they have a means of distancing themselves from Trump, and everything that he does. He is a maverick, he has no political experience. He isn't even a REAL Republican. When he makes a disaster of everything and the voters turn against him, the Republicans can use all of those excuses to try and limit the damage to their party.

Once he goes and Pence is in charge, that excuse is gone. Everything that happens after that will be 100% associated with the Republicans. And those people who don't really see themselves as Republicans, but voted Trump for god knows what reason, would all be lined up against them as well. It could wipe the party off the map for a generation, or even forever.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    They may not WANT to get rid of him. At the moment they have a means of distancing themselves from Trump, and everything that he does. He is a maverick, he has no political experience. He isn't even a REAL Republican. When he makes a disaster of everything and the voters turn against him, the Republicans can use all of those excuses to try and limit the damage to their party.

Once he goes and Pence is in charge, that excuse is gone. Everything that happens after that will be 100% associated with the Republicans. And those people who don't really see themselves as Republicans, but voted Trump for god knows what reason, would all be lined up against them as well. It could wipe the party off the map for a generation, or even forever.
    They could try that... but then you run into the issue. Do they work with Trump? They get lumped with him and go down together. It is super hard to distance themselves with Trump, they are the ones who pass the bills after all. Do they fight Trump? Well then they alienate a nice portion of their base, who despite all logic still seem to love Trump.

I don't see a winning scenario for Republicans here. I mean Trump won by beating all the polls and odds. I don't don't even know what kind of planning you can do in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    The winning scenario is doing what is best for the country. Lying is only going to make it worse.
    Uh... They are working really hard to do some of the more bad things for America right now. I don't see the republicans pulling a 180 on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    In Sessions's defense he's, like, the sixth person to have been caught lying at their confirmation hearing, so he was just following standard operating procedure for Trump nominees.

Donny the liar LOVES fellow LIARS pretty much everyone of them have been caught lying to the senate, just imagine if a democrat did this really imagine the level out outraged from the right wingers on this board and how they should be impeached NOW for these lies, well why so quite? you approve of LIES?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    They could try that... but then you run into the issue. Do they work with Trump? They get lumped with him and go down together. It is super hard to distance themselves with Trump, they are the ones who pass the bills after all. Do they fight Trump? Well then they alienate a nice portion of their base, who despite all logic still seem to love Trump.

I don't see a winning scenario for Republicans here. I mean Trump won by beating all the polls and odds. I don't don't even know what kind of planning you can do in this situation.
    Oh I agree completely. It becomes a situation where the Republicans have to judge whether they do more damage to their party by staying with him or cutting him loose. They are probably more than happy to have all the dirt tucked away ready to use when they judge it appropriate. Saves having to make anything up.

They will wait until Trump has done enough nonsense to have alienated a large part of his support, then they can step in and be seen as the saviors. I would imagine they would want to time it to have enough time to turn things around before the next presidential elections; maybe give themselves 18 months to 2 years? As long as Trump has had sufficient time to put all his business deals in place to line his pockets, I wouldn't imagine he would even mind that much.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Donny the liar LOVES fellow LIARS pretty much everyone of them have been caught lying to the senate, just imagine if a democrat did this really imagine the level out outraged from the right wingers on this board and how they should be impeached NOW for these lies, well why so quite? you approve of LIES?
    Because they now have convenient arguments like "fake news" and "alternative facts". The mods keep this board in nicer shape, but on other forums threads about this and other such things get flooded with fake news and attempts to insult CNN and other media outlets.

at the rate hes going is trump going to even have an administration left by the end of the month?

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/politi...-recusal-oped/

"Attorney General Lynch and former President Clinton met on the Phoenix, Arizona, tarmac days before Secretary Clinton was to be interviewed by the FBI for possible criminal activity," the November 2016 op-ed reads.
    Keep deflecting. It isn't helping your case. Especially since Lynch RECUSED HERSELF. Something that Sessions has yet to do. But hey, keep flailing. This is fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    at the rate hes going is trump going to even have an administration left by the end of the month?

hope not, the faster we can cut his enterprise down the better it will be for the country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Keep deflecting. It isn't helping your case. Especially since Lynch RECUSED HERSELF. Something that Sessions has yet to do. But hey, keep flailing. This is fucking hilarious.

How many times did we heard benghazi and emails from the right wingers out there? really they have investigated that what 303823749 times or so already and found NOTHING wrong. but them emails be afraid of em emails is all we ever heard from donny and his brainless followers lacking the basics of critical thinking

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit shocked that Sessions is recusing himself. If he had visited this thread before making that stupid move, recusing himself, he would have found plenty of sound logic to defend himself.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    hope not, the faster we can cut his enterprise down the better it will be for the country.

- - - Updated - - -

How many times did we heard benghazi and emails from the right wingers out there? really they have investigated that what 303823749 times or so already and found NOTHING wrong. but them emails be afraid of em emails is all we ever heard from donny and his brainless followers lacking the basics of critical thinking
    Yeah, when I wrote my post, I didn't realize that Sessions had a press conference and recused himself. Yeah them deflecting to Hillary, isn't helping their case at all. In fact, they are making it worse, as it basically is showing they are trying to cover it up and willing to ignore anything that Trump and his team does.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The one they are going to appoint to investigate the Russia ties to Trump. They almost have to at this point.
    No, they specifically do NOT have to.

Sessions did not recuse himself from investigations of Russian ties to Trump.

Trump would gladly support Sessions if he chose to let his Assistants continue any election-oriented investigation (if any) while claiming a bamboo curtain.

How willing is Congress to defy Trump and appoint a Special Prosecutor in an investigation that may not even be taking place ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yeah, when I wrote my post, I didn't realize that Sessions had a press conference and recused himself.
    quite understandable seeing how recent it is... also seeing how Trump earlier stated that Sessions *shouldnt* do exactly what he said, and Sessions' response to the inevitable question was to the effect of "Trump doesn't know what he's talking about".

10+ Year Old Account
    Russian scented shit in Fake President awakens long-dormant McCarthyism in Democrats. Chaos is about to meet Lawful Evil. Time to make some fucking popcorn.

Sessions recuses himself from Russia investigations

Thank you Jeff Sessions! So brave of you! I'm glad the Fox is telling us he will not guard the hen house.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Reports coming in that the Russian ambassador went to Trump Tower meet with *at least* Jared Kushner before the election.

Ruh roh.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Reports coming in that the Russian ambassador went to Trump Tower meet with *at least* Jared Kushner before the election.

Ruh roh.
    OOOOOOO, Another one going to bite the dust?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    This is really the 800 pound gorilla sitting in the room. How can the GOP just pass on all of this? It's not Hillary becomes president if Trump resigns or is impeached. They get a dangerous theocrat with Pence.
    FTFY

/10christianlawsonlynothingelsematters
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Ruh roh.
    Seems relevant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by canpinter View Post
    yay for smaller government!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.