Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The bigger question is, can you spell?

Other than my signature I can't remember the last time I used cursive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf, people still write on paper?

With enough practice you'll be able to write your signature in a manner in which it is totally unrecognizable, even to yourself.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Cursive, one of the biggest waste of time in the history of education.
    Pretty much. I mean you use it when? When you sign your name and that's about it. And you don't even need to sign your name in cursive. Useless skill is useless.

I could ask if a gen X or baby boomer knows how to write in cuneiform. What's that, you don't know how? Oh well I guess you're stupid amirite? Outdated skill is outdated.

That said, I'm 29 and I learned cursive in elementary school. I haven't forgotten how to read or write it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    the only reason i brought up this topic was..I read a story in my local newspaper a few months ago..where the the teacher reprimanded a student for writing in cursive and actally sent him home from school.
    seemed bizarre to me.
    Was there more to the story? Like maybe the kid was specifically told to not write in cursive? Seems hard to believe a teacher would reprimand a student because cursive just came out of nowhere without any sort of pre-defined guidelines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Millennials == the new dumb? I don't get the hate. "Oh, you must be a millennial too then!" - No, I am not and I learned cursive handwriting with alphabetic, cyrillic and greek letters in school.
    It's a misconception if anyone actually believes we're any less intelligent. On the contrary, pretty much every consecutive generation has had higher intelligence on average for some time AFAIK. That's sort of what happens in a society with ever evolving technology.

10+ Year Old Account

its cursive. Us generation X people had to learn to write like this. We also had to take typing classes
    yes, but can you read this flag from 1776?

It says Font Meme, clearly. But I'm a millenidal, so what do I know.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember when baby boomers used to think they were superior cause they could use a slide ruler!

its cursive. Us generation X people had to learn to write like this. We also had to take typing classes
    You generation X people sure don't know how to spell. It's millennials not Millenidals.

I'm a millennial that can read and write in cursive. I've taken a calligraphy class to improve my handwriting, too. Didn't really work, though..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I remember when baby boomers used to think they were superior cause they could use a slide ruler!
    I can program a VCR, those Baby Boomers worshipped me as a god!
    Then DVDs replaced them

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    I can program a VCR, those Baby Boomers worshipped me as a god!
    Then DVDs replaced them
    LOL so true.

the only reason i brought up this topic was..I read a story in my local newspaper a few months ago..where the the teacher reprimanded a student for writing in cursive and actally sent him home from school.
    seemed bizarre to me.
    There's always more to the story, ALWAYS. You're the type of person that falls for fake news and then spreads it around to more gullible people. Just stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Always made me laugh that after learning to read and write cursive, literally all official/important things are written in and tell you to respond in print. Only time use it is my signature.

millenial is not showing on my spell check for some reason.
    That is because it isn't a real word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I'm 22 and I learned cursive. It is without doubt one of the most useless things I have ever learned. I started switching to print after entering high school because I got fed up with my handwriting and I never looked back. Meanwhile my parents in all their "cursive glory", as the OP puts it, have the messiest handwriting.

Just looking through the internet, you can see a myriad of articles questioning the relevance of cursive in the modern day and age.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-03-02 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    As time passes, cursive will become less and less relevant. We will still be taught to write, of course, but generally I doubt cursive writing will be among top subjects anymore.

We use less and less cursive. We might write a card for a celebration, a date, a sticky note and our signature. Not really much more than that, especially once we finish school. Nowadays many use a computer/phone to write most other things... or don't write at all as they don't need it.

And one day, when computers/phones/tables will have replaced the workbooks and notebooks, cursive will disappear. We'll learn to read and write our signature... and that's it. Maybe not even our signature, in the end there's the whole fingerprint deal or keycode instead.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)