Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To those who replied "whatever I don't care"
    I have a question about artifact weapon appearance. Bliz stated once legion is over you can only transmog already obtained appearance to other weapons.
    Will you care they do a 180 on this? I kind of hope they will.

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    I have a question about artifact weapon appearance. Bliz stated once legion is over you can only transmog already obtained appearance to other weapons.
    Sure, in the expansion after the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Sure, in the expansion after the next one.
    Meh, maybe they will sell the appearances like those transmog helms. Fingers crossed, too much grind for all classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JBGaming View Post
    I personally think this takes away from the people who did the work back in Panda and earned the cloak and the right to kill Ordos each week.
    Personally I don't give a shit what others do or don't do in the game.
    I got my cloak back in the day. But if Blizzard wants to enable it now for others then so be it.

Ordos was..what, 4 years ago? Maybe it's time to let it go and move on..

- - - Updated - - -

Hope they will enable them sometime for those who never had chance to get them.. maybe expac or two in the future, that seems sensible.
    But whatever, I don't really care if they don't - life is too short to worry this much about pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Personally I don't give a shit what others do or don't do in the game.
    I got my cloak back in the day. But if Blizzard wants to enable it now for others then so be it.

Ordos was..what, 4 years ago? Maybe it's time to let it go and move on..

- - - Updated - - -

Hope they will enable them sometime for those who never had chance to get them.. maybe expac or two in the future, that seems sensible.
    But whatever, I don't really care if they don't - life is too short to worry this much about pixels.
    well, Cloak is not transmogable. Artifact weapon appearances will be much more desirable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a big deal to me.

well, Cloak is not transmogable. Artifact weapon appearances will be much more desirable.
    The legendary cloaks are transmogable, actually. Just the model though, you don't get the glowy effects.

I got a title and an achievement, as well as the cloak itself, which can now be transmogged, for doing the Legendary questline during Mists of Pandaria. Opening up some parts of the 'exclusive' content associated with it doesn't bother me in the slightest!

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    as someone who spent a silly amount of time getting multiple cloaks.. yeah i don't care a single bit, go for it!
    Specifically posted to burst your bubble, but you can buy all of the cloaks appearances (even in this expansion) on the character you did the quest line on already even now to unlock the rest of the cloaks (&their upgraded appearances) in your appearance tab.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

They are transmoggable (just not the effect)

don't really care but this should be a feat of strength.

i could ask back for literally 100's of things they removed from vanilla and won't allow me to earn, how is this any different?

fucking blizzard cater to whoever they feel like at the fucking time.

So based on the recent tweet from the Dev's

It looks like they intend to make Timeless Isle achievements as well as Ordos accessible to people who did not get the cloak back in MoP
    I personally think this takes away from the people who did the work back in Panda and earned the cloak and the right to kill Ordos each week.
    They have removed the cloak from the game and when they did the associated achievs went with it, thats how it should stay.. what do you think?

(i cant post links.. hopefully someone can post in comments below)
    As a 5 year veteran badge holder my opinion matters more than most. I am extremely upset at this news. I am hoping that you are not serious because if it is, I think I might quit the game. I worked long and hard to get that cloak. How dare Blizzard diminish my achievements by giving all of the casuals things for free. If they wanted to kill Ordos then they should have to do it the hard way, 2 people and a warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    People worry about the "prestige" of killing Ordos and not about all the other things that you are able to get right now that remove the prestiege of much more important things from the past? Really? Talk about hypocricy..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Better late than never I guess

How so? The whole point of Ordos was to be able to get great raiding gear to give people with the cloak (yet another) advantage for SoO progression. That is ancient history. We got our rewards when they were still worth something. The rewards now are minor. No reason to be stingy about it.

Why? It's fine to have an opinion, but the value of the opinion rests on the reasoning.

The cloak, as a "you had to be there" reward is not really a problem. At the time, getting it represented a certain challenge, as do numerous feats of strength even today. But at the same time I don't really that having it as such adds anything to the game.

Locking people who never got the cloak out of that part of the Timeless Isle doesn't add anything to the game and serves only to keep people away from some content, achievements and potential transmog items. I am guessing this became an issue because of the "we're going to need a bigger bag" achievement, some of the items for which are locked in that part of the island.

I see no reason why makes any sense whatsoever to deny some people going there. If you're hung up about special snowflake achievements/items/feats of strength, well you already have that with the cloak and the feats of strength directly associated with it.

Sorry, but this crying just comes across as petulant and childish.

As does your reply....

Still waiting to see how this affects me. I have my prestigious cape and title. So what? This boss is 2 expansions old with gear that has no relevance anymore other than transmog.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As does your reply....
    How so?

Like I already said, the value of an opinion rests on the reasoning. Yours has none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for a change to the "Bigger Bag" achievement so it will become human. Worst achievement in ANY game ever made.

So did you actually need the cloak to kill Ordos or was it just that you needed it to be able to cross over the bridge? Cause you used to be able to glide into the area and I think Ordos could be tanked near the edge for people to kill as well even if they didn't have the cloak.

It's mainly just a quality of life change. And as has been stated it's just made it open to everyone. The "prestige" of the kill isn't much and could already be acquired if you had some friends to help you cloak or no cloak. Everything from the cloak quest-line however is still associated with that so it's not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Ordos and Timeless Isle is whatever.
    As long as they don't let everybody loot Atiesh and get the Scarab Lord title.
    why would anyone care about a stick with a shit rendered bird on it that only looks like a brown bulb, and a line of color on one side

and no one ever cared about the scarab lord title, we only wanted the damn mount
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Iam amazed this was never a thing when they removed the cloak!

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes absolutely nothing away from me that other people can access Ordos. I think it is good that they're making this change to allow everyone to access Ordos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.