Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Still want to know what you actually do at max level. Who cares about FPS, dps, how many are online, blah, blah, blah. What really matters is what end level content is there???
    For level 70 this is your content.

4 easy dungeons. 2 are just upscales.
    Instanced Rifts which are just go from point A to B and fight an easy boss.
    Fortress Sieges and LFR which are again easy. LFR is literally just one boss that takes no effort.
    RNG fragments which can roll completely useless stats for your current spec.
    PvP which barely anyone is doing atm.

First actual raids are not coming until the 29th. One is just an upscale of Rise of the Phoenix and will be the actual progression one. The actual brand new one is being made for LFR.

Personally I wouldn't invest in Starfall. It just seems to be getting worse since the launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    For level 70 this is your content.

4 easy dungeons. 2 are just upscales.
    Instanced Rifts which are just go from point A to B and fight an easy boss.
    Fortress Sieges and LFR which are again easy. LFR is literally just one boss that takes no effort.
    RNG fragments which can roll completely useless stats for your current spec.
    PvP which barely anyone is doing atm.

First actual raids are not coming until the 29th. One is just an upscale of Rise of the Phoenix and will be the actual progression one. The actual brand new one is being made for LFR.

Personally I wouldn't invest in Starfall. It just seems to be getting worse since the launch.
    this, and i think people are just getting tired of the same old.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I am not sure who is more annoying in these Rift threads, Slipmat or Wocky. They are both rather predictable in their words.
    I say Slipmat. He's always been the same, for as long as I can remember. Wocky used to be a pretty reasonable poster. Since the game went downhill though he's gone a bit off his rocker. When Slipmat posts now, Wocky gets even worse. I still say Slipmat is worse because at least what Wocky says is true and he doesn't come off like a paid schill. Perhaps Wocky is a paid schill too though. These internet battles sometimes cause massive amounts of interest, and like they say, any PR is good PR. I don't think that's actually the case here though, this is bad PR all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Perhaps Wocky is a paid schill too though.
    He He. No. I run an IT company in South Africa. I also used to dabble in property (sold up as part of liquidity for emigration plans) - pretty easy to find my RL name too. I am just a South African guy trying to get to New Zealand /or Canada who does YouTube videos for fun. Focusing more on IT guides/help/advice now. I just get triggered by Slipmat because he never ever critiques the game. He winds me up completely.

I did my very first real YouTube video as a promo for RIFT and it started my channel. I used to have about 400 RIFT guides/event/tips videos. Deleted them all. What started me hating on Trion / RIFT was Dahanese. It was about the time that she started as CM that the RIFT forums went all gestapo-like. Also, (I think) 2.4 was the complete downfall where they dumbed down talent trees so badly. Game (and company) started changing. Criticism became regarded as an attack, so I did what any youtuber did, I critiqued. I try to keep my videos as satire and not to be mean, but it depends on the mood I'm in.

I'm an open book. I run two (soon 3) minor blogs - one for business, one for therapeutic reasons. Starting one as a gateway to job/business launch in either Canada/NZ. If you're bored, I'll PM you a link - I'd put it right here, but not sure if I can reveal personal info here.

I was super keen on the USA, but I'm too hold to have hassles with immigration right now and no-one knows wtf Trump is going to do long term. Don't want to settle and be removed from the US.

Apologies @Edge for clarifying this RIFT history - I was actually refraining from commenting after last two infractions.

ON TOPIC FOR A NEW PLAYER: I now heavily critique and am vocal about the game failings because it's not the same company or game that brought us Vanilla, NOT Storm Legion. I sincerely don't want to see new players be swindled out of their hard-earned cash. By all means, play it and see what it's like, but do your homework first before wasting cash.

Apologies to people who've looked at my posts and my repetition. I just tend to be vocal when I feel strongly about something. When I glance back, I see it is over-the-top. Apologies - to everyone except Slipmat, of course.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-03-03 at 06:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure Trion is proud of those numbers. 150 players from ALL shards on entire EU. Woo Hoo!
    153 players for a zone event is fine. Not everyone finds this particular event worth doing. I've done it once and didn't consider it to be fun or rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    153 players for a zone event is fine. Not everyone finds this particular event worth doing. I've done it once and didn't consider it to be fun or rewarding.
    But 153 players, across all the EU servers, at a new zone event that's barely over a week old is rather low. One would expect the population to be at it's peek when it's new. As a comparison, there were as many as 500 people at the new NT events.

When I did an S rank hunt in FF14 earlier this week, there were 320 people there for it from my server alone - Not including the poor sods who were on their way, but didn't manage to make it in time, or the ones who died before I got there myself. 153 across all EU servers is definately on the lower end of the population scale for an MMO.

For a brand new one that is supposed to be getting players out there no it really isn't. That is pitiful compared to as posted above the amount of people who were doing NMT events. Also that would be people coming from other shards as well. It's dismal.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-03 at 04:06 PM.

Yeah, 153 players for a brand new zone event in a brand new zone is fine, if it's going on on 5 different servers and they each have that many people doing it. Yeah, not everyone's going to do it. No one is saying that 153 players are all that's left in Rift. But I remember the days of that event that started with a V and you'd have twice that many people there, then when you finished, if you jumped to another server, you'd see the event there in full swing with the same number of people. Then, when the event spawned again 30-45 minutes later on another server, you'd have the same number of people there doing it again. Having it happen once and only 153 people showing up is dismal.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    this, and i think people are just getting tired of the same old.
    Missed this. It's not just the same old. It's because Trion consistently just give themselves a bad rep with the lack of quality that goes into content since F2P. Doesn't help as I said that they try to pin that on the players and blame them because they didn't test content when they should have a dedicated internal team for doing so in this situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Missed this. It's not just the same old. It's because Trion consistently just give themselves a bad rep with the lack of quality that goes into content since F2P. Doesn't help as I said that they try to pin that on the players and blame them because they didn't test content when they should have a dedicated internal team for doing so in this situation.
    Im talking more in terms of gameplay, they havent really added any "new" systems to the game with this newest expansion other than that planar fragment thing.