Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    A long ranged supporty-tank? Hell yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh shit, her Fortify even blocks Rein's charge https://gfycat.com/ComplicatedCanineCaimanlizard
    *BONK*

This changes EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    A long ranged supporty-tank? Hell yes.
    Does a solid 145ish dps too, pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Does a solid 145ish dps too, pretty good.
    From mucking about on the forums, the gun's bolts have a travel time, it's essentially like a full-auto assault rifle version of Mercy/D.va's pistols. The bolts might be a bit faster than theirs, and it's certainly easier to lead the enemy, because you get a constant stream of tracer fire to see where you're hitting.

This means that while Orisa's got decent range capacity (I was hosing people down at soldier/mccree range levels), it's a bit trickier than a hitscan to aim. It also means fighting small agile heroes like Tracer or Genji is a NIGHTMARE; your right-click has little chance to yank them in, since they can warp out of its range either before or immediately after the pull, and keeping fire on them is a giant pain whether they're in short range and all over the place, or far away where they can dodge your shots and the spread means half miss even if they don't.

Which isn't a criticism; it's a great weak point to have, balance-wise. And she brings a lot to the table.

Deleted
    Anti-CC ability makes me happy.

I'm still not big on stationary shields. That's one thing I think that makes Winston such a low pick as opposed to D.va and Rein. If you can keep your shield moving with you, you can protect your teammates much easier.

But I might like her. My "main" tank was D.va, now I feel she's way too squishy. I play a lot of Roadhog, but he doesn't feel like a traditional tank. So, given she can run through CC, has a shield, and other stuff, I may wanna try her out and hopefully I'll enjoy another tank.
    Besides that, Winston's shield is crap and has a long cd. It would be totally fine if it didn't have such a long cd considering it's stationary and weaker than one of Rhein's full shield charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    From mucking about on the forums, the gun's bolts have a travel time, it's essentially like a full-auto assault rifle version of Mercy/D.va's pistols. The bolts might be a bit faster than theirs, and it's certainly easier to lead the enemy, because you get a constant stream of tracer fire to see where you're hitting.

This means that while Orisa's got decent range capacity (I was hosing people down at soldier/mccree range levels), it's a bit trickier than a hitscan to aim. It also means fighting small agile heroes like Tracer or Genji is a NIGHTMARE; your right-click has little chance to yank them in, since they can warp out of its range either before or immediately after the pull, and keeping fire on them is a giant pain whether they're in short range and all over the place, or far away where they can dodge your shots and the spread means half miss even if they don't.

Which isn't a criticism; it's a great weak point to have, balance-wise. And she brings a lot to the table.
    It's just straight up projectile, yeah.

Simply means it has no damage drop off like other projectiles, but it requires you to significantly track your target at range.

2.5 second reload is quite long too.

Definitely an asset in shield wars though.

She is a interesting character and the biggest complaint I saw yesterday was how she worked defensively.

The key to her survival will is the correct timing of her cooldown Fortify which I wish they changed so I could toggle it on and off instead. You really can't use it to break past a defense but given that she has the same weakness as Rein you probably need save it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should also note that the January leak was right, although the name it gave was Anchora. Though that was likely a code name.

So, that means Mei story next. Hype!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Originally Posted by Sammidge
    Known Bugs

New Hero - Orisa
    • Additional Voice Lines are currently not listed in the Hero Gallery or unlockable
    • The Supercharger Ultimate can fall through the ground when placed on stairs
    • If Reinhardt destroys the Orisa Supercharger totem it destroys his Shield Barrier health
    • Supercharger can unintentionally target heroes through the Payload
    • Mercy's damage boost does not stack with the buff from Supercharger
    • The kill-feed does not always display when the Supercharger is destroyed
    • The pull effect from Halt! can unintentionally drag immune heroes, like Bastion in Siege mode, or Mei while she is inside Cryo-Freeze
    • Orisa will not receive kill credit if using Halt! to pull enemies to their death
    • Halt! can sometimes grab enemies hiding behind Line of Sight
    • If Protective Barrier is shot off the map, the next time it is used it will despawn shortly after deploy
    • Protective Barrier can be deployed while Hacked
    • Fortify will protect Orisa from Mei's Blizzard Ultimate even after Fortify expires
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...ic/20753187460
    I'm actually confused as to why Bastion in Siege mode is even immune to drag anyway.

Chain Hook, Concussive Blast, Graviton Surge and Halt! would all be great ways to counter a bunkered down Bastion without completely countering him (all require exposure to his line-of-sight and have cooldowns).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    She is a interesting character and the biggest complaint I saw yesterday was how she worked defensively.

The key to her survival will is the correct timing of her cooldown Fortify which I wish they changed so I could toggle it on and off instead. You really can't use it to break past a defense but given that she has the same weakness as Rein you probably need save it.
    Can see the possibility of it being converted to a charge ability like Defense Matrix / Repair for more flexibility.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I'm actually confused as to why Bastion in Siege mode is even immune to drag anyway.

Chain Hook, Concussive Blast, Graviton Surge and Halt! would all be great ways to counter a bunkered down Bastion without completely countering him (all require exposure to his line-of-sight and have cooldowns).

- - - Updated - - -

Can see the possibility of it being converted to a charge ability like Defense Matrix / Repair for more flexibility.
    They did it to the defensive matrix and repair ability because it's a core ability that made more flexible and thus viable. But Blizzard is conservative by nature because they learn from their mistakes (Death Knights and Ana) so I semi expect the current model of a cooldown will go live but if she ends up being underpowered they will look into that.

Still I prefer they just got rid of the cooldown and went with he toggle on and off model because as long as she just power threw focused fire solo she isn't really OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Besides that, Winston's shield is crap and has a long cd. It would be totally fine if it didn't have such a long cd considering it's stationary and weaker than one of Rhein's full shield charges.
    It's actually quite funny, in beta Winston WAS the alternative to Rein (which Orisa is now) but they nerfed him because of hero stacking but hero stacking is no longer a thing so I'm quite surprised they didn't just buff him back. His shield use to be 1000 health, the CD was shorter and the CD started when the shield was deployed rather than destroyed.

Oh just like Orisa

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    It's just straight up projectile, yeah.

Simply means it has no damage drop off like other projectiles, but it requires you to significantly track your target at range.

2.5 second reload is quite long too.

Definitely an asset in shield wars though.
    I found it actually easy to use, allot easier then Mercies or D.va out of mech.

She isn't using a pistol like those 2 and it has a constant stream of attack, so you really don't miss allot of shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm reading some very good things about her. Was out last night, so not had chance to test. I am very bored of Reinhardt, and I'm lacking tanking options for now with D.Va's issues. I wanna go home :<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    On an unrelated note, how about the "fact" that she's basically a Pit Lord from WoW, minus the wings and tail?

Same kind of centauroid quadruped, and the cheek-tusks are exactly like a Pit Lord's, albeit smaller.
    Ultralisk.

She seems fun but a major let down to me. Was hoping for an alternative to rhein but instead we just got a support off tank to add to the bargain bin

i adore her design and tool set. So few quadraped characters in games.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit, her Fortify even blocks Rein's charge https://gfycat.com/ComplicatedCanineCaimanlizard
    thats hilarious

I like her gun a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    They need to seriously look at D.Va and Winston.
    They over nerfed DVA cause she can't survive shit without a pocket healer and Winston has never been relevant except when south korea used him but he had Ana literally healing him 100% of the time so he wouldn't die but that was Russias fault for trying to use Genji against him the entire time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Yep. The fact they nerfed bastion this quick and wont even mention D.va is insulting. It sucks that "wow balance" is creeping into overwatch.
    99% of D.Va's issue is Roadhog. Problem is they keep dicking about with him, and when they've fixed him against some heroes they manage to break him against others; meanwhile D.Va's central mass crit box just leaves her getting wrecked by him as she has no armour. Not sure where to go with it, because more armour just makes Reaper and Sombra weaker and they're not exactly in need of nerfs themselves. Maybe if they could somehow have him land her differently in front of him? Sometimes you can force that by facing up or down, and it helps a lot when it works - it's just not consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    99% of D.Va's issue is Roadhog. Problem is they keep dicking about with him, and when they've fixed him against some heroes they manage to break him against others; meanwhile D.Va's central mass crit box just leaves her getting wrecked by him as she has no armour. Not sure where to go with it, because more armour just makes Reaper and Sombra weaker and they're not exactly in need of nerfs themselves. Maybe if they could somehow have him land her differently in front of him? Sometimes you can force that by facing up or down, and it helps a lot when it works - it's just not consistent.
    It's not just roadhog, it's soilder too. Rocket + half clip DVA is instantly out of her mech and people thought the triple tank meta would die with ana and DVA nerfs lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's not just roadhog, it's soilder too. Rocket + half clip DVA is instantly out of her mech
    Always been that way though, need to catch the Rockets in DM. Armour does nothing for them, never has, so I don't consider it an issue.