Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Don't care is pretty accurate when they're bought out by a US company.

It's obviously not hate, but giveaways have been done by many fansites to a multitude of eu countries.
    But you don't really know so why get upset over it? As I said, I highly doubt it was done purposely because screw those EU guys and just because other fansites have done it doesn't make a difference. It could be something about the prize or about the shipping or the prize provider or literally a million other reasons. I get it, it sucks but there's no reason to yell at MMO-C and say they just hate EU until someone comes out and says it.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    But you don't really know so why get upset over it? As I said, I highly doubt it was done purposely because screw those EU guys and just because other fansites have done it doesn't make a difference. It could be something about the prize or about the shipping or the prize provider or literally a million other reasons. I get it, it sucks but there's no reason to yell at MMO-C and say they just hate EU until someone comes out and says it.
    I'm not upset, don't strawman. I'm just stating facts. Your first sentence is a strawman, your second sentence is another strawman.

It's not related to the prizes or prize providers. It's because mmo-c is owned by curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spawny View Post
    Bit of a slap for anyone in EU that allows the add pop-ups to help support the site.
    Small slap i s'pose but pfft.
    Even bigger slap for the Curse premium subscribers.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

It's not related to the prizes or prize providers. It's because mmo-c is owned by curse.
    Can I have your crystal ball to get the winning lotto numbers please?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Can I have your crystal ball to get the winning lotto numbers please?
    I'm psychic for thinking a US company would not be bothered to handle an international giveaway because (from their perspective outside of mmochamp) their userbase is predominantly US?

It's just a shortsighted decision. You're one the one trying to act like I'm calling it hateful or purposefully to spite EU. It's a lack of thought, but it's a lack of thought that (evidently) wasn't really appreciated by the significant EU userbase mmo-champion has who can't get a US shipping address (like I can, this doesn't affect me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Congratulations MMO on 10 years, this has been my daily news site for the majority of the time I've played WoW, being a long term lurker before I finally registered.

However, it is a shame 3/4 of your giveaways are US only, and one shared (the lowest value one). Would have been nice if you put some work into securing an EU only giveaway, or a better shared giveaway.

For a site with such a large global audience it's a little disappointing.
    OH well. YOu get almost everything else first. deal with it.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I dunno why people complains when stuff is given for free. If you want it, just buy it.
    Even better, get inspired by your disappointment and give gifts to unfortunate children for Christmas. This giveaway would be meaningful. (Better then virtual pets/mount, computer accessories or toys).

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by avoidconfusion View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    snip

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Unfortunately the laws in various EU countries make it challenging to give away physical products there. You can still win the mounts and pets though!

Sounds like it's time to start reading your own laws.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    It's not MMO-champs fault your government has laws that make doing giveaways for EU that much harder to do.
    The EU is not a country. First of all there's countries in Europe who aren't part of the EU secondly it's an union of different countries all with their own governments and laws. Many of them with very few issues involved here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    And here I thought entitlement from players was limited to just World of Warcraft.
    >Guy makes up wild claim
    >People respond to it, because it's bullshit
    >OMFG entitlement

I know entitlement is the new buzzword to throw around but you could've really tried harder.

"Various EU countries" basically translate into a few minor countries population wise with the mayority being wholly unaffected. You can see the same where Blizzard giveaways and such are concerned and they usually end up excluding about 2-3 countries from them such as Denmark (for RAF).

That doesn't mean larger countries such as the UK, Germany, France etc are affected in any kind of way. Neither are most of the smaller ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    I dunno why people complains when stuff is given for free.
    Except, that is not the reason they complain at all. They complain because they are part of the community just the same. Because many of them have contributed over the years, helped the side grow and supported it but when a celebration rolls around and the company says "thanks" they are excluded because screw anyone not American. "USA! USA! USA!"
    If you want it, just buy it.
    Then why have giveaways at all?
    Even better, get inspired by your disappointment and give gifts to unfortunate children for Christmas. This giveaway would be meaningful. (Better then virtual pets/mount, computer accessories or toys).
    What the, seriously?
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2017-03-03 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    That's just nonsense. Plenty of companies do EU giveaways and Curse is already based in Europe, so it's not a problem. It's just more expensive, but for a celebration as big as this, they could have gone the extra mile.
    Curse based in Europe? Since when? Their headquarters are in Alabama (USA).

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The EU is not a country. First of all there's countries in Europe who aren't part of the EU secondly it's an union of different countries all with their own governments and laws. Many of them with very few issues involved here at all.

>Guy makes up wild claim
    >OMFG entitlement

I know entitlement is the new buzzword to throw around but you could've really tried harder.

"Various EU countries" basically translate into a few minor countries population wise with the mayority being wholly unaffected. You can see the same where Blizzard giveaways and such are concerned and they usually end up excluding about 2-3 countries from them such as Denmark (for RAF).

That doesn't mean larger countries such as the UK, Germany, France etc are affected in any kind of way. Neither are most of the smaller ones.

Except, that is not the reason they complain at all. They complain because they are part of the community just the same. Because many of them have contributed over the years, helped the side grow and supported it but when a celebration rolls around and the company says "thanks" they are excluded because screw anyone not American. "USA! USA! USA!"

Then why have giveaways at all?

What the, seriously?

I never stated the EU was one country?

Also my "wild claim" is backed up by the person running said giveaway and has to actually deal with those laws. Whats your proof my claim is "wild"?

About France, This is from 2011, but I don't see an update to it.

http://www.lexology.com/library/deta...4-f47f1ab86e44
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2017-03-03 at 01:00 AM.

I'm psychic for thinking a US company would not be bothered to handle an international giveaway because (from their perspective outside of mmochamp) their userbase is predominantly US?

It's just a shortsighted decision. You're one the one trying to act like I'm calling it hateful or purposefully to spite EU. It's a lack of thought, but it's a lack of thought that (evidently) wasn't really appreciated by the significant EU userbase mmo-champion has who can't get a US shipping address (like I can, this doesn't affect me)
    Did you just disqualify yourself from winning by admitting to not being a US resident for a US resident giveaway?

Quote Originally Posted by Rund View Post
    +1

Either dont do give aways like this or do it for all your members....
    It is mostly due to different lottery laws per country.

7+ Year Old Account
    im sad cause i live in canada... so close yet so far....

but yeah alot of people dont understand that they arnt doing the phsyical give aways all over the world because country to country has very differnt rules on phsyical goods give aways, so its rather hard to do this, and also cross the world shipping can be very, very expensive

for example i was watching YTV back when i was a little kid, and a dude in a blue jump suit moonwalked across the screen, i signed into the website filled in the forum real quick of what colour his jumper was, and what show/time it was, i got a call and they said "you have succeeded, but you will need to anserw a question before we can give you your reward" and the question was "is a zebra white with black stripes, or black with white"

cause it turns out (dont know if this is needed anymore, but it was back then) that you cant just win something phsyical, you can only win phsyical goods by act of intelligence, by getting a question right

(btw for those who want to know what i won)
    i won a portable CD music player and headphones
    and 4 boxes of candy (those ones in stores they set up that people take from and buy)
    2 of them those hard candy ring pops, and 2 of them the push pop ones, that are hard candy in a container that you push out and suck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spawny View Post
    Bit of a slap for anyone in EU that allows the add pop-ups to help support the site.
    Small slap i s'pose but pfft.
    lol yes... because EU people dont use addblock, but those dirty fucking americans pigs? they all use it
    we deserve it, they dont

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It's especially weird considering MMO-Champion itself is EU 0_o
    its not
    MMO_Champions HQ is in Huntsville alabama

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    It is kind of a shame that its US only for certain things. Look at this thread I created, I shows that 78% of the users here are EU. (278 voters)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-you-EU-or-US
    except
    your thread is "US to EU" EU is a continent
    where US is a country...

thats like saying

"ok who lives in paris.... and who lives in russia?"

make a poll
    "who lives in America"
    and
    "who lives in Europe"

but as orange joe pointed out
    and chaud proved

EU has some pretty horrible laws for phsyical lotteries... and dealing with them is extreamly annoying, and an extremely long time, and dealing with that is annoying for everyone
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-03-03 at 01:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I sign up even knowing i'm in NZ #rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    >Guy makes up wild claim
    >OMFG entitlement

Tried harder to what? Marginalize the impact of a completely meaningless giveaway? Whoops, sorry, guess a couple coupons given out to one one-millionth of the website's user base isn't of world-breaking importance in my mind.

Entitlement is not a buzzword, it's what has fueled the discussion in this extremely pointless thread.

Challenging <> impossible. Plenty of companies do giveaways here, so apparently it's not even that difficult... Guess not only Blizzard thinks of EU as second rate customers, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Curse based in Europe? Since when? Their headquarters are in Alabama (USA).
    I meant they have offices here, not that their HQ is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameskil View Post
    Have to agree. The giveaways should have been for all.
    This. Mmochamp isnt a great site just because of the US audience, its everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rund View Post
    +1

Either dont do give aways like this or do it for all your members....
    This.

"US residents only" is bollocks.

How many of your users is not a US resident?

Having adds from companies and products on this site while having giveaways from those companies but "not eu" , nice one , thats why i use addblock and im not ashamed