Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah, that's what the spec really notes. Some games run higher (1600x900) while docked but still, it needs to upscale.
    Not going to lie, I'm a little tilted but Zelda is still really fun right now.

The only Switch game with somewhat demanding visuals running at 1080p that we know of is Mario Kart 8.

Zelda is 900p
    Splatoon 2 was 720p
    SMO trailer was 720p
    Xenoblade 2 trailer was 720p

Granted all these could possibly get a bump as development gos on, but I don't see any of them but maybe Splatoon 2 actually getting to a native 1080p.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear a dev said SMO was 1080p but I may be misremembering.

Drove 100miles to pick it up at midnight where i pre-ordered.
    Dropped it off at home and drove 100 miles back to the place i'm taking a course.

It's sitting there waiting for me at home.
    Can't the course just be cancelled today so i can drive another 100 miles, get home and play? Gee.

On the bright side i managed to snatch 3 out of the 5 botw amiibos, quite the luck considering they only had one of each in stock.
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-03-03 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Doubt it

Lol

A game nobody will really care about because it has no lasting appeal and isn't much different than the first one

Sun and moon were pretty bad
    What? Sun and Moon are widely regarded to be one of if not the best Pokemon games ever. And no lasting appeal for splatoon? We all know what tou're doing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I swear a dev said SMO was 1080p but I may be misremembering.
    Or you can just look at the aliasing in the trailer and know it's not 1080p. Even with no AA at all, 1080p doesn't have aliasing close to that.

In fact I wouldn't even rule out the city part of the trailer was even running below 720p with how bad the aliasing was in that area.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    What? Sun and Moon are widely regarded to be one of if not the best Pokemon games ever. And no lasting appeal for splatoon? We all know what tou're doing
    I love pokemon and I always rush through them, but moon was so fucking boring I stopped playing for a month and had to force myself to finish. As for splatoon, yes it sold a million copies, and I bought one myself, but by the end of its life I doubt more than 50k people played it. Sorry, I only fangirl over good games.

I love pokemon and I always rush through them, but moon was so fucking boring I stopped playing for a month and had to force myself to finish. As for splatoon, yes it sold a million copies, and I bought one myself, but by the end of its life I doubt more than 50k people played it. Sorry, I only fangirl over good games.
    Played splatoon last week and was getting in and out of games as fast as launch month.

You couldn't be anymore off base. Splatoon has a very thriving community.

That's a subjective opinion though.
    Splatoon is a (imo) good game, and have a fairly large and active player base and a competetive scene (might even get bigger/better documented with spectators implemented).
    the global testfire drew in A LOT of people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Played splatoon last week and was getting in and out of games as fast as launch month.

You couldn't be anymore off base. Splatoon has a very thriving community.
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    That's a subjective opinion though.
    Splatoon is a (imo) good game, and have a fairly large and active player base and a competetive scene (might even get bigger/better documented with spectators implemented).
    the global testfire drew in A LOT of people.
    I didn't say splatoon was bad, but this is anecdotal as all online games lose player bases as time goes on. It's just a fact. Sure my 50k was just a guess, but I'd bet I was in the ball park. That can still count as a "thriving" community, especially compared to blunderborn or evolve.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far i havent seen any nintendo - switch getting destroyed videos yet.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I didn't say splatoon was bad, but this is anecdotal as all online games lose player bases as time goes on. It's just a fact. Sure my 50k was just a guess, but I'd bet I was in the ball park. That can still count as a "thriving" community, especially compared to blunderborn or evolve.
    The game is still to this day selling near 10k copies a week in Japan alone.

But it only has 50k current players.

Yes, you're in the ballpark. The ballpark on the otherside of the planet.

Lastly you might want to actually check your numbers if you think Splatoon only "just" sold 1 million. Try 4x that.

Considering splatoon sold 4 million copies on a system that only sold 13 million units. That's roughly a third of wiiu owners that got it. i'd say its safe to say there's going to be a fairly sagnificant amount of people playing it.
    It's still immensely popular in japan.

Considering splatoon sold 4 million copies on a system that only sold 13 million units. That's roughly a third of wiiu owners that got it. i'd say its safe to say there's going to be a fairly sagnificant amount of people playing it.
    I'd call it desperate, seeing how it was a nintendo title and a system that was abandoned by everyone but nintendo. The marketing was also through the roof.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The game is still to this day selling near 10k copies a week in Japan alone.

But it only has 50k current players.

Yes, you're in the ballpark. The ballpark on the otherside of the planet.

Lastly you might want to actually check your numbers if you think Splatoon only "just" sold 1 million. Try 4x that.
    Cool, it sold 4 million. Also selling copies doesn't mean anything. They could play one or 2 games and completely drop it. But you guys are fucking crazy if you think this game, after 2 years and no actual updates since last july, is still pulling dota or csgo numbers.

is still pulling dota or csgo numbers.
    The fuck is this strawman argument?

Cool, it sold 4 million. Also selling copies doesn't mean anything. They could play one or 2 games and completely drop it. But you guys are fucking crazy if you think this game, after 2 years and no actual updates since last july, is still pulling dota or csgo numbers.
    We never compared it to any other numbers, like csgo or dota. You're trying to shove claims down our throat we never made.

Splatoon have a thriving community, well above 50k, i would even go as far as saying that it have a playerbase of a couple of hundred thousand active players.

The playerbase is huge in relation to the platform.

Well Zelda is fantastic so far, I'm loving it! My biggest complaint is the native resolution along with this well being 2017, otherwise I'm fine with the system so far, definitely looking forward to beating Zelda and more games in the future (namely Xenoblade/Fire Emblem/Mario etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    --snip--
    Its all good

I am thinking about buying The Switch, Only bundle Gamestop has on there site is the fucken $459 bundle. Comes with the pro controller, zelda,guide book and system.

Edit: Ok even tho the site shows u can add it to ur kart, It seems to be sold out.

Oh well ill wait.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-03 at 09:02 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Holy shit there is some user-metacritic reviews that's bombing the user-score with 0's just for the sake of bringing down the score.

While i can understand that people are not giving it all 10's and 9's and might give it 5's and 6's because fairly understandable points, then i can not in any way take 0's with the reasoning such as "lol no violence, no sex, kiddie game, graphics matter, nintendofanboiz lulz" seriously, and not see it as anything other than salty fans of other platforms shiting on it for thesake of shitting on it.
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-03-03 at 11:13 AM.