Thread: Cos ap farming.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cos ap farming.

Is court of stars m+ comparable to mos m+ in terms of ap input?

15+ Year Old Account
    No because you're time gated behind RNG & RP.

MoS is still miles better and its pretty much impossible to wipe MoS whereas CoS imo is a lot more stressful for certain packs (spreaking from a high key perspective).

However, it is so easy to get AP these days. I would instead gather a list of dungeons that drop BiS gear for you that Nighthold does not. I would do really high mythic+ for those dungeons for a chance at really high warforged. Don't waste time in 2-6 keys. Personally I wouldn't waste time in keys below 11-12 but it depends on your gear.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2017-03-02 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    No because you're time gated behind RNG & RP.
    I prefer CoS over Maw anyday.

Yea, it's abit slower but I find I can turn my brain off more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I prefer CoS over Maw anyday.

Yea, it's abit slower but I find I can turn my brain off more.
    You never had it on anyways Zyalo

Love you <3

With the arrival of 7.2, this kind of thing will be broken - maybe. They are planning to mince the AP return in MoS but if they don't do the correct calculations in the return for running say a MoS to say HoV then it will remain that doing 20 shorter dungeons against like 12 longer dungeons will be better (grabbing numbers to just illustrate).
    I like it to a degree, it means then you don't have to run the same place over and over again even if it is wonderfully shorter than the rest. But it's sad that if you're tied for time, you have to run smaller one and not get so much but alas, fair is fair alike.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not quite comparable, but it's not bad. Our guild runs a ton of M+ content and CoS is usually one of the easiest keys to get people to jump at.

Deleted
    Knowing Blizzard, they will jump on the MoS bandwagon and nerf it to the ground but then forget all the other shorter ones. I'm willing to bet that they will forget CoS, thus making that the next best thing to MoS.

I prefer cos as a tank, since mos is aids during necrotic/raging with the cc immune mobs, but yh in terms of speed you can't beat MoS.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smn View Post
    Is court of stars m+ comparable to mos m+ in terms of ap input?
    It's a minute longer if you speed through it. RNG can fuck you a little bit, but all in all its fantastic for AP farming
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

It doesnt matter, if you're not already 50+ AP farming has never really been your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    It doesnt matter, if you're not already 50+ AP farming has never really been your agenda.
    On 4 characters and all of their most viable specs of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    On 4 characters and all of their most viable specs of course.
    Playing the game incorrectly sorry to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Playing the game incorrectly sorry to say.
    Differently than you does not make it automatically incorrect

To each their own.

It is really comp dependent, honestly. And, as others pointed out, the RNG can mess you up badly.
    Still, the trash is easier there on fortified than in MoS if you have decent AoE so imo they are almost equals.

Deleted
    For purely AP farm I imagine Maw is slightly better because you can do more huge pulls in Maw (ie pull everything including first boss from the start and just turn off brain aoe) but I find maw really meh, much prefer court, it feels faster because its more interesting even if it is slightly slower

CoS has a lot of running and RP (ie stuff that gear doesn't trivialize) to ever be consistently as fast as Maw or even DHT.

Deleted
    Just pick the dungeons with the most keys available and spam it (MOS ,COS , VOTW, DHT, EOA). Dont mix keys to prevent travel time. Dont spam MOS if it takes several minutes to find a key.

Why would they even be comparable? 3 chest timer for CoS is 18 minutes, 3 chests timer for MoS is 14 minutes 24 seconds.

There's a reason those timers are there. MoS is meant to be the fastest one, followed by CoS and DhT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Why would they even be comparable? 3 chest timer for CoS is 18 minutes, 3 chests timer for MoS is 14 minutes 24 seconds.

There's a reason those timers are there. MoS is meant to be the fastest one, followed by CoS and DhT.
    what are the avg clear times at +10? Mos 10min, CoS 12min, Dht/EoA 14min, Votw 15min. What are the usually times to find a key? Mos 5min, Cos 3min, Dht/EoA 1min, Votw 30sec.