Poll: What raid difficulty would you remove.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Doing the same thing over again is not content. It hurts my immersion as well. Because if I killed the big boss, how is it alive already in mythic mode again? So I guess I would remove Mythic, but make Heroic more difficult. I would also merge LFR with normal.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    Guilds ain't able to keep a 20m roster on its feet more than 2 or 3 months, and you want a 25m option ?

Nobody (except maybe the top 10/20 guilds) will have the ressources to do so on a mid/long term basis.
    No I wan't a 10m option, but may as well bring back 25m too for the top guilds with unlimited resources as before (the whole reason 20m came about was because Blizz saw that 10m was killing off 25m and so they sacrificed the players preferred format in order to save the developers preferred format, then lost 2/3 of the players as a result haha).

Deleted
    I don't really see the need to remove any difficulty, but if I had to choose, I would say Normal.

LFR should stay because it fills a different niche than the other difficulties; it could be buffed a little to make it more challenging though.
    Heroic could maybe(!) be made a tiny bit easier to better fill the gap between the "new" LFR and Mythic better.
    Mythic would stay the same.

Thus, I fully agree with:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    Normal (well, "Flex", really).
    And I'd make LFR a bit harder, to cover the gap.
    LFR -> discovery and ultra-casual raiding. More touristic and story-support than actual challenge.
    Heroic -> Regular PvE content. Designed for organized groups who are LF bit of challenge and a feeling of progression.
    Mythic -> Elite PvE as it is. Additionnal boss techs, higher skill and stuff requirements.

Wouldn't remove any of them because they all serve an explicit purpose.

LFR is for casuals and alts who don't have time to dedicate to an organized raid, which is fitting because LFR is a fiesta.

Normal raid (ex-flex) is for casuals who are in a guild who want to down a bigger dungeon with more gear or for LFG groups to do Raid quests.

Heroic is for guild groups to either build gear towards Mythic difficulty or for more casual progression guilds to achieve something they can be proud of, i.e. AOTC achievements. These are base hallmark achieves for all current content. It's still flexible in that you can have any group size but it's challenging enough so that it makes players test their class and raid competence.

Mythic Raiding is clearly just for bragging rights and maxxing potential loot and achievements. It's impossible for more casual players and difficult for even good players. A good test for guilds who think they're hot shit and need a way to prove it.

What I would remove, however, is carry running. Trade chat and LFG have been just filled with spam about ML and PL carry runs and it's actually dumb. Raiding shouldn't be a source of economy and yet it's one of the most successful. It's so dumb.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't remove any. Each setting was introduced for a reason and those reasons have not changed.

Normal exists to cater for the bottom end of the organised raiding spectrum. Mythic exists to cater for the top end of the organised raiding spectrum. The gap between the two dictates the requirement for heroic.

LFR exists to cater for people who don't want to part of organised raiding.

For those who argue along the lines of "remove X by getting the players doing X to do Y instead" those arguments would only be valid if the inverse made sense ie "remove Y by getting the players doing Y to do X instead".

How does suggesting that they remove LFR and get the LFR players to go do Normal instead make any sense if the reverse, removing Normal and getting the players to go do LFR, doesn't. Same with Normal/Heroic and Heroic/Mythic.

It seems to me that a lot of these arguments are based on individual preferences. eg I like doing Heroic/Normal, so the solution is to get rid of LFR and merge it with Normal or I like LFR, so remove Mythic and merge it with Heroic.

I think these sorts of "debates" would be a lot clearer if people could start thinking of the value of raid settings in terms of other people's requirements instead of just their own.

None. Each really has its place and audience. None of them are overly resource intensive from each other since they are almost all but identical minus tuning and a mechanic or two at most. So in the end I feel this is an over beat subject that really will never net us any results.

Deleted
    Lfr, normie mode is already piss easy

Mythic and LFR. Mythic can still realistically be done away with, but sadly LFR is here to stay. Removing it would anger way too many people. Optimally, I'd like a return to just normal and heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Normal and Heroic are kinda good tuned.

I remove Mythic, as it doesn't really add anything. It doesn't test a raider more than HC mode does, it only adds ridiculous mechanics and make the encounters more gear depending.

But if anything, I'd add a scaled raiding mode, with a set item level.
    Spoken as a true casual, who is evidently not good enough for mythic.

The whole idea of removing things is such a frequent topic, and it just shows the ridiculous mindset of this part of the game's community. Let's take away things from others so I can feel better about myself. The whole concept of it is absolutely pathetic, and the fact that some people's ability to engage in the game and enjoy themselves is so centered around what is available to others shows how problematic their whole approach is.

There has never been a need to fully "remove" anything.

Deleted
    I am not interested at all in the removal of any of the difficulties, some of them i am interested in, others i do not like at all, but i guess every wow player feels the same way, nobody is interested in all of them.
    What i would like a lot is the option of 10 man groups in all the difficulties, even LFR is something i could consider to do if it were possible in a 10-man group.
    Also i know that normal and heroic are doable in 10-man size, but people do not want to because they say it is not well scaled, and it is better to do both with larger groups.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-03-03 at 10:45 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    None, while I think there are too many difficulties, I like how they springboard into on another. I'm currently progressing on HC Nighthold, which is about my level and time commitment. Got a couple of mythic EN kills after NH launched which I enjoyed. Both of which were done with my weekly raid group. My casual guild are quite happy progressing on normal NH we have one or two who can't make raid nights for one reason or another and they play LFR for the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    In other words kill off raiding altogether since your first option would do that, they tried proving grounds in WoD for heroic dungeons and it did squat.. And gating progression is already pissing people off and somehow you expect people to be fine with it?

Other two ideas are meh at best..
    Heeeey Buuuuddy, it was only a suggestion on what I would like. Not saying that this is how it should be ... just offering an opinion which is highly subjective.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    None, but normal and heroic seem to be the closes in difficulty.
    i disagree. the difference of late HC bosses and early mythic bosses is way smaller than normal "stand a long time in shit before it hurts" mode and heroic "go out of that shit!" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    LFR and Mythic. Make Normal a tad bit easier and Heroic a tad bit harder.
    I'd like to say this, but LFR is to integrated into the community to make it work,

But for the sake of curiosity,

I'd like to remove mythic, Heroic and Normal, for about one expac. Then bring them back, (hypothetically, lets say no one quits), I'd then be interested to see how many people say lets keep LFR / get rid of LFR compared to now

None, but I'd bring Mythic down a touch and add Mythic+ so the world first race is a constant battle, rather than one to two weeks of watching two guilds duke it out every time a new raid launches.

Normal.

Generally the people who complain about LFR are the people who raid normally and feel entitled to their gear and get butthurt when they see people in purpz they got from queuing up in a menu.

I'm not playing at the moment, last I did play was Emerald Nightmare on release and cleared Normal very easily over a weekend. I honestly think LFR serves a purpose, Normal mode doesn't any more. Make Normal harder, or just get rid of it.

I haven't really raided hardcore since LK or probs TBC. But based on what friends have said, their experiences and the limited bit of raiding I have done - I think the format should be:

LFR. - Current format, just reformed to be slightly more engaging.
    Heroic. - Based around scaling and flex of number of participants up to x number. Challenging.
    Mythic. - Set raid size. Hardest difficulty.

I really like the concept of Hard Mode bosses ala Algalon and Ra-Den, however, I wish they were better defined.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

None. I fail to see how the extistence of the 4 difficulties negatively impacts the players.

Raiding being accessable to a broad group is a good thing and makes replaycing raid members in mythic raid groups much easier. I can live without the pain in the ass that was BC if you had to replace a member in your raid when you were progressing BT/SSC/TK etc.

Deleted
    I would vote to remove all of them and replace it with one single flex mode, especially to get rid of this massive content redundancy we currently have.

To be realistic I think it does not have to be challenging like the current mythic raids, but it should not be a faceroll-version like the current LFR. I would prefer a linear progression and an increasing difficulty through the raid tiers - so quite similar as it was back in tbc. So it should be easy to jump into raiding, but quite hard to master the final encounter.

For me one of the most annoying aspects of the current raid system is that you have already cleared and seen the whole content several times before you even start with the challenging aspects. For me it is much more motivating to discover new and unique content instead of trying to kill bosses I have already killed several times before, only with tuned abilities and stats.
    Last edited by mmocf6f4570844; 2017-03-03 at 12:48 PM.