Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yaaaaaay! Back to the Bronze Age!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yaaaaaay! Back to the Bronze Age!
    2/10, try again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I don't think I suggested accepting less capable men.

I'm asking: if only 25% of women, over a period of time, pass compared to 50% of men (purely made up numbers, of course), is it even worth it to train women?

Trust me: I'm all for equality in this regard. I'm just curious if it's wise to consider the notion. I might be thinking about it wrongly, but a draft seems like it'd be an emergency type thing, and wasting resources on a low return might not be wise?
    Before your training you have to take a physical test, and they select the recruits based on those results. That is at least how it used to work before the draft was cancelled.

Deleted
    does sweden even have any men with testosterone left at this point? id be surprised if they didnt have a 90% failure rate for the physical exams, not counting the fact that everyone will just run away from the draft.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sweden thinks patriotism to your nation and history is facist, until they need young men to die to keep foreigners out.
    If diversity is their strength, they should not mind a few russians.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    does sweden even have any men with testosterone left at this point? id be surprised if they didnt have a 90% failure rate for the physical exams, not counting the fact that everyone will just run away from the draft.
    Hehe won't lie, I was thinking the same thing

But in all honesty, even a country like Sweden has some decent men left that are no doubt fit for combat.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Makes you wonder how many of the people getting drafted are refugees.
    0% since they can't become citizens that fast, and you need to be a Swedish citizen to join.

Fun fact: Sweden is the third largest arms exporter nation per capita.

I think this decision is great. It's rather silly that you often hear former refugees/immigrants saying that they are willing to protects our nation than those who have lived here forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    0% since they can't become citizens that fast, and you need to be a Swedish citizen to join.
    Even the USA allows non-citizens to volunteer for military service, then grant them citizenship. Too bad in 2017 that a draft even needs to exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    You'd have to be a special kind of retard to not connect this.
    I thought this draft really was military only?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    Physical fitness is quite trendy in Sweden, so the physical part is hardly a problem. I guess you're refering to "feminists"? I guess Swedish men are just confident enough to not let strong women intimidate them. Except for the regular basement dwellers that sits at home and writes on internet forums about how hard life is due to reasons (where reasons is usually immigrants/feminists). Swedish special forces are actually quite revered, there's a reason NATO likes to include us in training operations and that we have been included as one of only two non-NATO countries into their special forces group.

I don't know if this will teach young immigrant western values or drive them towards active islamism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well I don't envy the Swedish youth, alot of wasted time because of the Russian prick with size complexes.
    They are drafting about 4000 out of age group of 100,000+. That is 4%. If you say that you don't want to go then you don't have to go. No penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    They are drafting about 4000 out of age group of 100,000+. That is 4%. If you say that you don't want to go then you don't have to go. No penalties.
    Then it's no draft, it's just volunteer work.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to up our military i wouldn't be surprised if Belgium followed eventually. Not a terrible thing to do in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Makes you wonder how many of the people getting drafted are refugees.
    not a single one???? you cant get drafted if you are not Swedish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Waste of time n effort

instead they should militarize the police, no more no-go-zones!

n fire-department
    Armored ambulance as well?

Naaah, just pretend Russians will swarm across the border while ignoring those who actually swarm across the border.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I think if they knew then what it is like now they would have gone screw this and go home and let the world burn..
    I'll have to disagree with you on that. They died to preserve freedom. Freedom means people have choices, choices you might sometimes disagree with.

I spoke some years ago (in the 80s) with a man who was a veteran in the US Army in both WW2 and the Korean War. He was a combat infantryman, right on the front lines in both wars. As an example, I asked him what he thought of flag burning. He said:

" Well, it hurts my feelings, but you g-ddamn well can't burn their flag in Russia, and you couldn't burn it in Nazi Germany or in Japan. That's one of the things that I love about this country, freedom." I couldn't agree more.

RIP, Sgt. Mack.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Then it's no draft, it's just volunteer work.
    What made you change your opinion? The facts were present in the 1st post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I'll have to disagree with you on that. They died to preserve freedom. Freedom means people have choices, choices you might sometimes disagree with.

I spoke some years ago (in the 80s) with a man who was a veteran in the US Army in both WW2 and the Korean War. He was a combat infantryman, right on the front lines in both wars. As an example, I asked him what he thought of flag burning. He said:

" Well, it hurts my feelings, but you g-ddamn well can't burn their flag in Russia, and you couldn't burn it in Nazi Germany or in Japan. That's one of the things that I love about this country, freedom." I couldn't agree more.

RIP, Sgt. Mack.
    i completely agree, if anything i think it should be something to be proud of.