Thread: WQ Rewards

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WQ Rewards

By this stage of the expansion we find ourselves massively out gearing WQ rewards which is ok I guess but on the other hand would be cool if we could get something nice .. at least somewhat useful ..

Say crafting material or a puppy or whatever ... getting tired of vendoring every piece of WQ reward over and over and over and over again ...

Here is an idea, make them account bound so I at least can get re motivated to play an alt and make them all usable by a fresh level 100!

Would be so cool if my fresh 100 could insta get into epic 835 gear!!!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-03-03 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, just have WQ rewards scale higher based on players ilvl to keep them relevant. It kind of happens now but obviously stops at 835-845. Even getting lfr gear from NH makes them pointless now.

Sorry that you aren't getting raid lvl rewards from daily quests anymore...I personally find the resources and profession mats rewarding enough.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is why getting reputation/currency/etc from dailies in previous expansions was superior, the pool of repeatable quests was much smaller but the rewards were much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I think WQ gear rewards should somehwat scale with your ilvl or your raid progression.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    This is why getting reputation/currency/etc from dailies in previous expansions was superior, the pool of repeatable quests was much smaller but the rewards were much better.
    You can get epic gear from the reputations here too when you reach exalted, nevermind the fact that we're all 870+ when you reach exalted, making all the reputation rewards fucking pointless.
    Can someone explain to me why the epic gear was gated behind exalted and not something like honoured so it was actually useful for a short time?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You can get epic gear from the reputations here too when you reach exalted, nevermind the fact that we're all 870+ when you reach exalted, making all the reputation rewards fucking pointless.
    Can someone explain to me why the epic gear was gated behind exalted and not something like honoured so it was actually useful for a short time?
    Don't worry, class hall sets will be upgradable to 860 soon

the reward system in Legion is fuck, as always. Once done and never developed further. They COULD do that much:

- Give ppl a forgery to destroy WQ epics and get small shards out of it. After long term progression (lets say 100+ shards or so) you could forge an item out of the shards with itemlevel somewhere between actual normal and heroic ilvl. remember: they doing the same thing every 4-6 weeks by giving you an heroic raid item for running 5 myth dungeons. so why not giving ppl the same, for doing 4-6 weeks a lot of WQs ? an item level between normal and hc raids would be totally fine for that. even more when you get a token and could target a slot, to fill your gaps in gear. instead of another RNG. so you could progress towards a straight goal.

- Or: Give ppl a long term quest with a lot of mats, slowly comin from WQs, with same reward as above. And couple it to professions.

- Or: Give ppl a currency for doing 1 WQ. The higher the reward of the WQ the higher the currency (epic items 840 have highest currency). This prevents getting too much out of it, by just doing OH resoruces/gold/mats WQs. With that currency let ppl buy gear with ilvl as mentiined above (for very high currency levels) or vanity items.

- Or: Introduce a faction you can trade in epics for reputation. after reaching high levels of reputation you can buy some good gear fillers like trinkets, rings, etc. with, again, item level between actual normal and heroic raid ilvl.

there are so many possibilities, without much effort for blizz, to keep WQs a) relevant and b) a long term side progression for gear or vanity items, without "omg raid gear item level without raiding" problems. when you accept to invest 4+ weeks in doing a lot of WQs and get 1 item with ilvl between nhc and hc radi ilvl, this will hurt nobody. even a cap isnt needed, since WQs are just slowly comin back, when you did all of them. so the soft cap is also ready developed in that system.

with WQs they already have a nice system which is the perfect platform for long term side progression. they just have to use it. but as always blizz is too stupid or too lazy to further develop what they released with an xpac...

stupid idiots...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    yep, thats the same thing they fuck up every time again, here and then. they always have the problem that they HAVE nice reward systems ingame, but they are always too stupid to use them in a correct manner.

look at WoD and appexxis: they had all that nice fight areas and missions overrall in draenor. they had the appexxis reward structure. and literally NOONE did them, because they gave holy crap gear after way too long grinding appexxis. even in tanaan, when the reward system got better, they wasnt able to give ppl some meaningful long term progression for some better items.

or in short: blizzard is that stupid and bad, they even cant reach the goal, to use their own developed reward systems in a way, that long term side progression stays relevant and meaningful. instead they develop some shit for xpac release and never touch it again. how stupid must a company be, to invest money and effort in systems to let them stay completely wasteless after the first 2-3 months of a 2+ year product... ?

ppl always think blizzard are that great gaming gurus. in my oppinion they are just a bunch of hillarious stupid jerks, randomized felt into a pot of gold. when you look at ppl like celestalon (chad nervig) and what his descissions for classes in WoD and Legion were, or some others guys at blizz, you see what i mean. they are all just overpayed idiots with no clue what they are really doing. or at least no really interests in their own product.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-03-03 at 10:48 AM.

Deleted
    Well I don't see the massively "outgearing" thing. It's just that content which requires pre-made groups has been increased and more people doing it. Players just got into NH LFR for a bigger boost if they didn't do mythic dungeons or raiding (or organized PVP) - making WQ gear still viable to fill some gap if you are lucky with titanforged.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the WQ gear reward are fine, you can still procc up to 885 gear. I don't think it should be increased higher than the current normal ilvl.

As well, you have mats and other, and AP is still needed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Just do what I do and don't do them No point in trying to chase abysmally low chance for a TF proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    In 7.2 WQ give 855/860 items, while dungeon itemlevel is also raised to 830(N)/845(H)/865(M)

I think the system is fine, I assume season 3 pvp will go up to about 855 (combatant) / 870 (gladiator) gear as well. (currently 840/855)

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Don't worry, class hall sets will be upgradable to 860 soon
    First PTR said 860, but they did change it recently to 870 actually.

Also for WQ's , use the follower items that give Gold or Order Resources, really missing out if not using a follower (doesn't have to be a bodyguard, can also be one of the procced or spell ones), equipment slots are actually increased to 3 in 7.2 as well.

So even the "bad" rewards, yet super quick WQs give guaranteed 50+ gold or like 100+ order resources, trust me, it does add up over time and there is no penalty really (just don't gear a follower you need on missions all the time with WQ items)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Just do what I do and don't do them No point in trying to chase abysmally low chance for a TF proc.
    Depends, +15 is still something reasonable to aim for if it has the right stats, higher then that, is a wild goose chase. Also depends if it's an alt or main or how much playtime and what content you do of course.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-03 at 12:30 PM.

The amount of gold you can sell a chaos crystal for is basically more than any gold reward from a non world boss WQ, and sometimes you get blood of sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    If you are a perfectionist like me, i finish WQ for AP & order resources. I only hunt trinkets for a chance of a titanforged. So far i got 1 880 titanforged trinket
    How does that make you a perfectionist? Some form of OCD sure, I don't see the perfectionism here though.

They're increasing WQ rewards in 7.2

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    By this stage of the expansion we find ourselves massively out gearing WQ rewards which is ok I guess but on the other hand would be cool if we could get something nice .. at least somewhat useful ..

Say crafting material or a puppy or whatever ... getting tired of vendoring every piece of WQ reward over and over and over and over again ...

Here is an idea, make them account bound so I at least can get re motivated to play an alt and make them all usable by a fresh level 100!

Would be so cool if my fresh 100 could insta get into epic 835 gear!!!
    I think that they could easily make hundres of different cosmetic items, like mounts, pets and toys, be dropped from WQs. You are right, that as an alright geared character, it is very rare that you feel rewarded when you do WQs even when getting the emissary cache. I think that having such cosmetic items be a part of the reward pool, you would create a scenario where even high item-lvl players, would scan through the WQs everyday.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I barely even do wqs on my main anymore, don't even need the rep. There's also ways to easier get ap...
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's a massive problem that the value of completing WQs eventually lowers and becomes fairly irrelevant. It's okay to not feel obligated to do them and check them every day after you have outgeared most of the rewards. Lots of repeatable content with the possibility of a reward is great, but making the relative strength/chance of reward stay too high forever will burn people out.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

I don't have a problem with things not scaling infinitely and coming to an end. I don't think WQ rewards need to keep scaling until you're item level 1500.

They will be somewhat more rewarding in 7.2. First, reputation past exalted will matter; you'll get additional caches. Second, gear rewards will scale to 860.

I don't think this goes far enough, don't get me wrong. I certainly won't be grinding out "paragon rep" and 860 gear will only be useful for alts. But it's better than nothing.