Poll: What raid difficulty would you remove.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    None, but I'd bring Mythic down a touch and add Mythic+ so the world first race is a constant battle, rather than one to two weeks of watching two guilds duke it out every time a new raid launches.
    That sounds like fun, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    That's...my point exactly lol
    Then there is no point in removing Mythic? All you want is a name change.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

LFR, Heroic and Mythic. And go back to Ulduar system, where one instance covered the necessity for difficulty for EVERYONE in playerbase: bosses getting tougher the further you go (with many of the easier ones being skippable, so hardcore players don't need to bother), Hard Modes allowing you to try for a better loot on any given boss.

Maybe Ulduar nostalgia, but damn, that's some quality nostalgia.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomonotron View Post
    Heeeey Buuuuddy, it was only a suggestion on what I would like. Not saying that this is how it should be ... just offering an opinion which is highly subjective.

Peace!
    I suppose I am just annoyed that, this subject keeps getting brought so often that one wonders if those that initiate the subject are bored and have nothing better to do.. I mean while the cash keeps flowing into ActiBlizz I don't think they want to screw around too much with this..

I mean Blizzard have already changed a lot that have pissed off a few people, taking away a raid difficulty just to please a few could tip the scales and start a domino effect that can not be stopped..

LFR is needless at this point. I would remove it and remove some of the toxicity from the game in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Mythic. Including the dungeon difficulty.
    Oh! That is evil.

OT:

I'd remove Heroic.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowhelicase View Post
    LFR is needless at this point. I would remove it and remove some of the toxicity from the game in doing so.
    And probably kill the game at the same time, LFR has its place now same with normal/heroic and mythic.. In a way LFR is like flying it is here now and taking it away would more than likely piss of quite a few people..

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its almost like people do other things while waiting for that 40min que.

Also 40min que hasn't been a thing since WOD. I do LFR weekly on my DH tank and my Ret Paladin, DPS que max is always 20mins.
    Point being- if you have enough time to do all 4 wings of LFR- you have time to do a Normal run.

The problem is that some people (you've seen them on the forums) refuse to do anything if they have to join a group manually. Even if that process is the simplest thing in the world and takes half as long as a queue would. And since queue-able content can only be as hard as LFR, their ignorance forces LFR to stay. LFR is pointless. Normal mode is plenty accessible, but people's boneheaded fear of the premade group finder, which I assume is some deep-seeded fear of being rejected, is screwing up the whole system. Vanilla-Wrath WoW players would have laughed people who don't do anything but queued content right out of the game.

I made a thread about what I think they should do with the difficulties a while ago: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-at-level-cap
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-03-03 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    All of them, set it to 1 set difficulty, remove the ridiculous endless grind reward system and build on said solid foundations proven in the past with a couple of newer Quality of Life elements with it.

Not exactly TBC, but almost like it. Certainly no more fucking LFR, normal, heroic, mythic. Just a setting, no name, it's name will be the raids name. Loot will actually have a progression path, and no BS with tiered levels on the same item, meaning you only fight 1 chance, and when you win, you progress, and not suffer eternally.

To be frank, I'm still quite wondering what was wrong with the TBC model....
    There was nothing wrong from a player perspective. From a developer perspective it requires much more work to make different encounters than basing 4 difficulties on a base of the same encounter.

Normal, it's so close to LFR it might as well be baked into it.

Mythic = the most tightly tuned raiding has ever been, so I wouldn't want it removed. I think most of the people wanting it removed, are the kind of players that would never see it whilst current.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    The problem is that some people (you've seen them on the forums) refuse to do anything if they have to join a group manually. Even if that process is the simplest thing in the world and takes half as long as a queue would. And since queue-able content can only be as hard as LFR, their ignorance forces LFR to stay. LFR is pointless. Normal mode is plenty accessible, but people's boneheaded fear of the premade group finder, which I assume is some deep-seeded fear of being rejected, is screwing up the whole system. Vanilla-Wrath WoW players would have laughed people who don't do anything but queued content right out of the game.
    As someone who was there before LFG became a thing, I don't laugh at people for hating the manual teaming process. Have you ever seen how toxic the players can be? I have, and I remember wasting hours and hours on recruiting people for 1 single DUNGEON run because it wasn't during peak hours.

If Classic-Wrath players would laugh the queuers "right out of the game", then the queue-people could laugh the Classic-Wrath players right out of the game since LFR today is more complex than most things the previous generations ever faced.

LFR - raiding should take organized groups
    Mythic - pointless bloat

None. Play at the level you consider you should play. I spent all WoD playing only Normal/HC and I'm happily raiding Mythic now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose LFR, and this is my reasoning.

Before Mythic, and before LFR back in BC there were 10man raid and 25man raid. The 10man raids were less item level than 25man raids. So you could say it was a stepping stone to more serious content. With the addition of ZA, there was now a way to get almost t6 quality gear from a 5man for the first time ever in the game. Awesome way to give good gear out, seeing as how there were a ton of bosses and it wasn't really a raid. The item level between t4 and t6 was so small, getting an upgrade from somewhere like ZA helped your dps so much, it was crazy. The reason Expansions like BC and Wotlk worked out so well, was that catching up with gear wasn't difficult, and the content was really exciting, the difference in power between the first raid and the last raid though huge, wasn't as bad as it is today number wise. When they introduced Hard Mode it was a small step to better gear, and when they came out with Heroic Mode, which was an entirely new lockout, it was also good, a nice way for the elite to progress on more difficult encounters. Which made having better gear enjoyable.

The release of LFR, not only stopped people from trying to get in raids such as normal and heroic, it made a lot of people settle for less. Yes I do believe that everyone should have the opportunity to raid with people. But, they could have easily just made normal easier, and Heroic Harder. Then they created Mythic, and it's tuned so nice, it's almost perfectly balanced for each raid sized, it's usually attuned so well that you really push yourself to clear content. The only problem is, the item level jump from each difficulty, has to be enough for it to be worth progressing on that difficulty. When you have 4 item level jumps per tier, when each jump is 15 item levels, you're going up 60 item levels per tier, then you take into account the fact it can titanforge another 15 item levels, that's a 75 item level difference, from the worst raid gear, compared to the best, of every single tier, by the end of the expansion you're a possible 220 item levels higher than when you started. The amount of stat increase with that much item level throughout just one expansion, has lead us to doing dps well over 5 million on cleave fights. The scaling is just running out of control...it should have never gotten this bad. If LFR were gone, it would slow it down dramatically. It would bring back the essential Easy, Normal, Hard Difficulties, we don't need welfare loot, we need better players, and the game is flooded with new players with the mindset I can get carried and pay for anything, and LFR for my legendaries. It makes the pug experience a nightmare, and anyone not in a good guild, it makes them deter from the game entirely.
    Last edited by KoolKidKaos; 2017-03-03 at 03:22 PM.

None, I'd add 17 more. And not only that, different tier bonuses for each, with different looks.

Oh and one of those would be a pokemon go style phone game.

Deleted
    Why are you responding to me still? I'm saying get rid of Mythic and make Heroic back into what it used to be. Hard. As in, mythic level, but 3 different difficulties, LFR, normal, heroic. Understand now? Jesus
    Yeah, so you dont get rid of mythic, you just rename it into heroic, and heroic into normal, that´s what you are saying

Would be fun to try raiding with Mythic+ level difficulty No normal, heroic or Mythic but straight starting lvl 1 and keep and steadily raise difficulty to raiding to add difficulty and loot level with it like all the way from lvl 1 to 40-50 as for legendarys can keep upgrading with those essence type as added on 7.1.5. With little bit flexbility to how many players so if 2-3 person having real life thing or anything it would not crash on it or needing get couple pugs with em, as for really high level could add affixes to create +30 more challenging but not impossible and guild that conquers all those + levels claims world 1st to add some lenght.

LFR. LFR should be a tool, not a raid difficulty.

Blizzard should make LFR as a queue for raids. Just LFD is a queue for Dungeons.

Blizzard's decision does seem odd sometime.

Why are you responding to me still? I'm saying get rid of Mythic and make Heroic back into what it used to be. Hard. As in, mythic level, but 3 different difficulties, LFR, normal, heroic. Understand now? Jesus
    Woah, calm down.

The problem is that there is no reason, what so ever to remove any of the difficulties. Don't like one of them? Don't do it. Problem solved.

And I am responding to you, because you are responding to me. It's called a conversation, look it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Remove either Normal or Heroic and rename them as needed so there's not two middle difficulties - essentially going back to the old [naming] system before they introduced Flex and split Normal/HC, i.e. LFR > Normal [at Heroic's difficulty] > Mythic.

Having Normal and Heroic is just annoying, you're basically doing the same thing multiple times if you're unlucky for tier and trinkets, the HFC change for loot in LFR was the best solution, only difference is I'd make LFR still get the same skin, different colour though as always.

LFR is fine as a tourist mode for the vast majority of players, so even though I rarely do it myself, I wouldn't remove it. Similar to Mythic, there needs to be some level of difficulty to aim for. Having two being effectively the same (normal/heroic) is just not needed.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-03-03 at 04:38 PM.