Page 1 of 2
LastLast

All Switch games, including Breath, will leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

Zing. It's a 100% accurate thread...

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...s-taste-bitter

I don't feel like clicking on the link. Would you like to quote the article you're referencing?

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually read a different article on the same topic. All the games are being coated with a bittering agent to deter small children from putting them in their mouths. Its non toxic, but tastes disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't feel like clicking on the link. Would you like to quote the article you're referencing?
    The cartridges are coated in something utterly disgusting to taste, to stop idiots putting them in their mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Switch games leave a bitter taste in your mouth. Literally, not figuratively.

Why would you..put it in your mouth anyway? if you're hungry, eat a hot pocket. or some chips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    The cartridges are coated in something utterly disgusting to taste, to stop idiots putting them in their mouths.
    Wait, are they going to use cartridges again?

And Nintendo cause millions of people who would've never even think of putting a game in their mouths to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Cartridges are better because *SSD*

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Why would you..put it in your mouth anyway? if you're hungry, eat a hot pocket. or some chips.
    Outside of certain movies of dubious moral value, lots of people love to put brightly colored stuff in their mouth, and Nintendo tried to prevent both customers getting their Switch games covered in saliva or headlines ''six month old choke to death over Bomberman'' (the only kind of headlines Bomberman will ever get...)

going to? They are! It's available NOW!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

They are not the cartridges you think of, it's more like an SSD stick as far as I know (though I can't remember the exact technicalities) and the potential data storage could be vastly superior compared to Blu-ray etc.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

See, now I have to go and buy a switch cartridge to see what all the fuss is about.

Oh,

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    And Nintendo cause millions of people who would've never even think of putting a game in their mouths to do just that.
    Exactly this.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bahaha, this came up in MMO champ IRC. Hilarious.

It's logical to make cartridges unedible for babies and dogs.

Logical, but very odd.

Deleted
    I'll have to unleash my inner Ariana Grande and go do some licking, I guess.

I hope this stuff doesn't rub off on your hands/fingers like the anti-huffing stuff does in compressed air. Forget to wash your hands after using that stuff and eat lunch? You'll basically just want to vomit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

I wonder if this agent to make things taste foul will work on Wheat? Wouldn't want Wheat thieves getting to my Wheat.

Ontopic: I saw a similar article elsewhere a few days ago, if it keeps younglings from trying to eat the cartridges, I am all for it.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Think about it. This came up because someone complained about the taste.

...Who tastes video games? I mean, I like thorough reviews, but "tastes like nuts" doesn't fit in with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Think about it. This came up because someone complained about the taste.

...Who tastes video games? I mean, I like thorough reviews, but "tastes like nuts" doesn't fit in with that.
    Dunno man, when I am on the fence if a game is 9/10 or 10/10 every small factor plays in. If the game happens to be delicious, that would surely add value to the overall product.