Poll: What raid difficulty would you remove.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    LFR and Mythic..

Dev at Blizzard are like : Hold my beer and Watch this
    3 more difficulties now added beacause trying to please everybody

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    i want ulduar hardmodes mechanics back remove the rest 1 difficulty is enough
    It really isn't, two minimum. If you only have one it's either too easy for some or too hard for others.

Why do people want to remove any? There's really no logical reason other than elitism. All 4 serve their purpose very well.

LFR = Casuals who have very little playtime
    Normal = Casuals who have more playtime and can spend time on organized raiding
    Heroic = More dedicated players/guilds
    Mythic = Hardcore bleeding edge players
    Last edited by getupkid55; 2017-03-03 at 04:44 PM.

LFR. Make Normal still require a premade group but allow a queue system for it.

Deleted
    I voted LFR because I think most players who do LFR don't deserve any loot and LFR does destroy the beauty of content and challenge

But tbh I don't bother that much. It doesn't really affect me when LFR players play the game of "who can do under 150K dps with ilvl 870+"

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd remove LFR and make Normal Raids accessible through Raid Finder, (obviously with a higher iLevel requirement).

LFR is too easy.
    All raid difficulties should be AT LEAST a step up from Mythic +0 Dungeons.

No bonuses or hand holding.
    No watered down boss mechanics.
    Normal Raiding as is.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-03-03 at 04:52 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would keep them all, but if I had to pick one to toss out, it would be either normal or heroic and make one flex raid difficulty (especially now with WF/TF stuff).
    But overall, the 4 difficulties are actually good and needed for the range of skill/time the playerbase has/can commit.

LFR is for those who don't want to worry about organized raids or don't feel like searching through pugs to get berated because they spend most of their time questing/pet battles/etc and instead don't focus solely on getting power (there for the scenery). They just want to see the game more than they want to be completely gear-maxed. This is a great addition, regardless of what the elitist/entitled folk think, because the majority of players fall into this category and the next, Normal.

Normal is your friends and family for organized raiding who want to kick back, have some fun, mix in a little challenge, but overall more focused on a good time. They don't really mix/max much or farm/grind to excel, nor do they get put on the bench when struggles happen unless performance is too far below a baseline that is rather forgiving. They don't expect everyone to grind hours a day because most of these players have families and jobs and are otherwise indisposed for multiple days a week, so it's more about enjoying the time you have with guildies/friends than anything else.

Heroic is for people who want to be a bit more serious, who want to mix/max while still having fun and face a good challenge without being overwhelmed to the point it takes dozens of wipes to beat a single boss. Friends and family groups get here sometimes, but really this is more of the business-y type of raid. come prepared, know the fights, pull your weight. If you struggle to perform, you may get sat unless the rest of the group can carry.

Mythic is for the super cereal folk who want to absolutely push the limits of their toons, their personal ability, and their team ability. They want to have multiple toons to swap based on the fight type (ST, AOE, Cleave, high movement, etc). They want the best of the best and expect multiple hours daily to get to it. They have the commitment the others don't want and a detached business approach where if someone simply can't perform, they are gone in the blink of an eye type.

Deleted
    LFR, Normal and Heroic

would remove all except mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    And how many people do you think would stick around then? Would be a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    LFR is too easy. It should be AT LEAST a step up from Mythic +0 Dungeons.
    LFR is supposed to be progression from LFD, not Mythic dungeons. It is designed for the ultra casual players who can join up quickly and finish quickly for everything they do... ie. an hour or less playing time, which means they don't have time (nor probably the skill) to organize a Mythic dungeon group.

Mythic dungeons lead into Normal/Heroic raids.

This is further proven true by the fact that Mythic dungeon gear (840+) is better than LFR gear (835+ for EN).
    Last edited by getupkid55; 2017-03-03 at 04:56 PM.

None.

They're all different strokes for different folks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I'd keep at least 2 - Mythic adding extra boss mechanics to Heroic is fun.
    Having Normal be the same as Heroic with smaller numbers is stupid.
    Having LFR is retarded.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!

Normal. Basically, make the current normal become LFR (where it's a queueable thing), have heroic be the new "normal" (non-queueable for non-cutting edge/hardcore teams/guilds), and mythic remains as is. Basically, what they had in MoP (minus the different names), only with the middle difficulty having the flex function.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    LFR is supposed to be progression from LFD, not Mythic dungeons. It is designed for the ultra casual players who can join up quickly and finish quickly for everything they do... ie. an hour or less playing time, which means they don't have time (nor probably the skill) to organize a Mythic dungeon group.

Mythic dungeons lead into Normal/Heroic raids.

This is further proven true by the fact that Mythic dungeon gear (840+) is better than LFR gear (835+ for EN).
    A lot of things are "supposed" to be - but aren't.
    It's called poor design.

I am not against random queue for the lowest raid difficulty.
    I am against having a raid that feels easier than (or as easy as) some heroic dungeons.
    It completely fails to feel like a step up.
    If the "barrier of entry" for "ultra casuals" is lack of random queue, give Normal a random queue.

Mythic+ Dungeons should lead into Heroic/Mythic Raid.
    Heroic/Mythic Dungeons should lead into Normal Raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Normal. Basically, make the current normal become LFR (where it's a queueable thing), have heroic be the new "normal" (non-queueable for non-cutting edge/hardcore teams/guilds), and mythic remains as is. Basically, what they had in MoP (minus the different names), only with the middle difficulty having the flex function.
    In MoP they had 4 difficulties once SOO came out.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-03-03 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    In MoP they had 4 difficulties once SOO came out.
    Right; back then I thought to myself "this flex thing is what LFR should've been", but the queueable raid system is fine (other than LFR, at least as of last time I played during WoD, being a complete joke difficulty wise). With the SoO tier, basically combine flex and normal, keeping the flex system. That's what I had in mind with the previous post.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And how many people do you think would stick around then? Would be a minority.
    Well considering the bulk of the posts in this thread want LFR gone, a fairly sizable portion of the community would probably bail.. Everyone in this thread seem to think removing LFR will save the game somehow I very much doubt it, it might just make the exodus from the game that much faster..

I mean people whine, bitch, moan and carry on like 2 year olds about the removal of this or that from the game, yet those same people are hell bent of having certain raid difficulties removed..

One last thing of all the things that Blizzard have added and removed they have not removed LFR and that shows how very popular it must be..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-03-03 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Well considering the bulk of the posts in this thread want LFR gone, a fairly sizable portion of the community would probably bail.. Everyone in this thread seem to think removing LFR will save the game somehow I very much doubt it, it might just make the exodus from the game that much faster..

I mean people whine, bitch, moan and carry on like 2 year olds about the removal of this or that from the game, yet those same people are hell bent of having certain raid difficulties removed..
    I want it removed. However I'd want Normal to have a queue system but only as a premade group. Just my 2 cents though. However I wouldn't want it removed out of malice.

Heroic. And make normal a mix of todays normal and heroic, like not hard hard, but not pie easy for a coordinated group of players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Right; back then I thought to myself "this flex thing is what LFR should've been", but the queueable raid system is fine (other than LFR, at least as of last time I played during WoD, being a complete joke difficulty wise). With the SoO tier, basically combine flex and normal, keeping the flex system. That's what I had in mind with the previous post.
    I agree 3 difficulties are more than enough.
    I also am perfectly fine with having a random queue system for the easiest raid difficulty - whatever that may be.
    But LFR difficulty is too easy.
    The easiest raid difficulty should be Normal.

This would have casuals playing some more dungeons and maybe even trying out Mythic dungeons.
    Getting 4 ppl for a Mythic +0-3 is a LOT faster than queueing for LFR.
    It also allows you to experience the Mythic dungeon-exclusive mechanics.

There is no benefit whatsoever to encourage players to skip Mythic Dungeons with a super watered down raid difficulty.