Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Why is "Dazed" still a mechanic in the game?

So I run to a WQ destination on mount, and some mobs at the same level as me which I can kill in one hit, dazes me and knock me off my mount. I mean come on, if they're elites in a dungeon I can understand, but mobs on the world map? This is so unnecessary and an outdated mechanic.

to be honest, I like the mechanic. Makes world pvp hilarious as a Hunter.

Can't stand the mechanic. Granted I don't play anymore. But Daze was just fucking annoying.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I've been asking this question for nearly a decade now. The answer I always get is it makes the world feel dangerous and keeps you from running past everything. I don't understand why they can't just make the mobs do more damage if that is the goal. Plenty of other games do it fine without this mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Fuck daze. It wasn't an issue in WoD because you could just get the stable to remove it, but in legion it's annoying as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can always buy the item from leatherworking, grab the dk/pala mount from orderhall, equip your silly prydaz or roll tank spec to make yourself daze immune
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

We are talking about a community that couldn't handle hopping off their flying mounts to enjoy the game the way they wanted so they forced everyone off. I'm sure some form of "but but but muh world rp" will come out. Meanwhile the devs couldn't be happier playing off those people cause it artificially extends the life of their content and gets them dollars pumping in as long as possible as people have to spend more time running from point a to point b than what they do at point b.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Fuck daze. It wasn't an issue in WoD because you could just get the stable to remove it, but in legion it's annoying as fuck.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=196648

10+ Year Old Account
    Daze is only in the game because Blizzard powers their servers on the salty, salty tears of QQers.

Buy a shit-ton of that no-daze consumable if it matters that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Considering there are ways to get around it, I have to wonder why it's in the game at all at this point as well. At this point, I feel like Blizzard just wants it around because it's always been there, while giving people who really care about it a way to get around it.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

It's probably as deeply ingrained in the code as the Standard Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    It's probably as deeply ingrained in the code as the Standard Backpack.
    Probably this, and also was a non isue for the flying xpacs

It isn't. We know they can disable daze with a simple aura from the leatherworking item and WoD stables aura.

I agree with Syro; daze didn't annoy anyone in pre-WoD expansions because they could fly at max level anyway. And in WoD, you could just get the stables. Legion is the first expansion where it's right in your face.

And yeah, it sucks. I always go tank spec for WQs due to daze.

Stonehide leather bardings. Incredibly cheap and plentiful.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Its only 2 hours, that is nothing. 24 ok, 2 - no.

Play tank. What is this daze of which you speak?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    So I run to a WQ destination on mount, and some mobs at the same level as me which I can kill in one hit, dazes me and knock me off my mount. I mean come on, if they're elites in a dungeon I can understand, but mobs on the world map? This is so unnecessary and an outdated mechanic.
    So you can't just ride through mob infested areas like it's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    unles you play tank or have prydaz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    unles you play tank or have prydaz
    Tanks need that mechanic because getting dazed while tanking in pve can be a wipe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Which it utterly fails at. If you get dazed with a bunch of mobs on you it's nowhere close the instant death some people seem to think, what actually happens is either a) you use movement abilities and just keep running and mount up again when you drop combat, or b) take a few seconds to AoE the mobs down, and then mount up again. Dazed is just an archaic "feature" that doesn't serve any meaningful purpose.