Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I don't mind negative feedback when it's founded.
    Also, people who only spout negative feedback - they don't give any positive feedback. I like to call those people Cancer.
    When there is positive feedback to give then it will be given. I have given a bit and ya ill admit I have given more negative then positive.

Kinda give what is given. Zelda itself looks fun as hell and makes me really want a switch, Doesn't change the issues I have with it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Can someone explain the marketing strategy of releasing a console with only 1 real popular title and perhaps 3 or 4 forgettable ones? Does Nintendo really think this is a smart move after the failure of the Wii U? Wouldn't it have made more sense to wait a few weeks more and release it along with a few more titles?
    i would rather they do that then release a console with 3 - 4 amazing games and then nothing for a year like the wiiu.

imo switch is doing more in 1 year than wiiu has in its entire lifetime

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    When there is positive feedback to give then it will be given. I have given a bit and ya ill admit I have given more negative then positive.

Kinda give what is given. Zelda itself looks fun as hell and makes me really want a switch, Doesn't change the issues I have with it.
    So you're able to give negative feedback from videos, but you're not able to make any staple positive ones?

Might as well stop this conversation now.

I mean this without sounding condescending, but I hope you get over your prejudices and realise it's not an issue. The best way to do this, is to play and experience it yourself. You will then realise these videos highlighting the inadequacies are pretty much blown out of proportion. It's literally a load of negative people circle jerking themselves into a frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    Common opinion is that this is a end of fiscal year cash grab by Nintendo and the console for several reasons isn't quite ready.
    BBL playing BOTW.
    It needs a lot more games, and certainly needed to ship with all of its biggest first-party draws--Zelda *and* Mario--to show that this won't be another Wii U.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

To sum up the above post by Immitis "Switch is getting ports of Wii U games, please be excite"

Not to mention the glaring things missing on the list from the Wii U year 1 including Pikmin 3, WWHD, AC3 and 4, CoD Black Ops 2 and Ghosts, NBA 2k13 and 2k14, Ninja Gaiden Razors Edge, Zombie U, UMH3, 2 Rayman games and Game & Wario.

All either being exclusives or multi plats that released day and date with their other versions.

In reality the Wii U had a much better launch year, it just had a massive drought in the middle of it.

So you're able to give negative feedback from videos, but you're not able to make any staple positive ones?

Might as well stop this conversation now.

I mean this without sounding condescending, but I hope you get over your prejudices and realise it's not an issue. The best way to do this, is to play and experience it yourself. You will then realise these videos highlighting the inadequacies are pretty much blown out of proportion. It's literally a load of negative people circle jerking themselves into a frenzy.
    Maybe you will someday realize what is a issue for others may not be the same for you. When I get my Switch, If the performance issues are there then yes they will be a problem for me. Won't stop me from enjoying it but it will be a negative I won't ignore.

Bloodborne is one of my all time fav games and it had performance issues as well and I didn't ignore those ether.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I don't mind negative feedback when it's founded.
    Also, people who only spout negative feedback - they don't give any positive feedback. I like to call those people Cancer.
    >Implying multi-billion dollar companies deserve anything other than negative feedback.

Deleted
    Thank god I didn't pre-order one.

It just came to me last night that the console lacks games completely besides Zelda and whats down the pipe doesn't look really convicing for 2017.
    Also the issues with framerate and disconnects ..

And the worst of all the missing functions of a tablet. Mainly being able to browse the web. I thought I could use it as a substitute for an IPad, but no its only working for games. Why the hell Nintendo?
    So much money for old hardware. I honestly am really disappointed at how Zelda looks on the Switch. I am not here to bash the Nintendo. I love Nintendo and I still have a gamecube, DS Lite, new 3DS, SNES here and played the shit out of all Zelda games, but man compared to Horizon it looks like a game from 2005 compared to a game from 2017.

Maybe I can grab a cheap used Wii U with Zelda BOTW, since I would really love to play it and apparently the Wii U version looks similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    We get it you got the hots for link...

The baiting pic isn't needed.
    The pic is useful. Now we determine Immitis' address and go rummage their garbage for a free PS4! I WILL RACE YOU THERE!

Interesting note,

A lot of people are noting that their local Target and Wal-Marts have Breath of the Wild in stock, but have minimal remaining stock, or are sold out, of 1-2 Switch.

We, as gamers, need to really understand that casual consumers aren't necessarily interested in the same thing core gamers are and that's the market Nintendo has been more interested in for a while now. I'm tempted to check a few stores and see if their stock in my area reflects this.

Also, if you're looking for a Switch, call around. I've seen pics from people posting they're in stock at their Walmart, Target, Best Buy in small to moderate quantities and seen plenty of people reporting going in 3 hours after opening and still buying them without pre-order.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-03-03 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Amazon fucked over people who pre-ordered the Switch through them. I guess either them or Nintendo didn't know what "pre-order" is, and didn't provide enough to cover them.

The Switch is largely underwhelming. It's a tablet gaming system which is fine, but there's not even an on-board OS to use it as a tablet or watch Netflix or anything. Hopefully they'll build up the Switch's abilities before the holiday season. Luckily I can still play the new Zelda on the Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Apparently Amazon fucked over people who pre-ordered the Switch through them. I guess either them or Nintendo didn't know what "pre-order" is, and didn't provide enough to cover them.
    Which is hilarious since Prime Now had them in stock in my area(for non preorders) until about 5 am, almost impulse bought one.

Amazon has been pretty terrible for games for the past few months tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    There's only one reason to buy a console and that's party games, Nintendo has always delivered on that front. I don't even get this whole performance discussion in a world where people wank over their locked sub-par PC systems.
    Locked sub par PC systems ? I got a i7 6700, 32gb DDR4, a Hero8 mobo, GTX1080 on a 4k monitor with a K95 keyboard. Any console can look at that and go sulk in a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i would rather they do that then release a console with 3 - 4 amazing games and then nothing for a year like the wiiu.

imo switch is doing more in 1 year than wiiu has in its entire lifetime

This has to be the weakest lineup I have ever seen, is nintendo for real? Half these games are casual kiddy games.

How has your experience with the Switch been?

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Fucking amazing so far.
    Zelda is absolutely mind blowing.

My housemate got one today, thanks to his girlfriend.
    I had a bit of a tool around the UI; it looks very clean and polished, and makes my 3DS's UI look cluttered and outdated.
    Tried his copy of BotW as well. There's way too many buttons for my liking.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Now for the question on everybody's mind: Do Switch cartridges really taste that bad?

Now for the question on everybody's mind: Do Switch cartridges really taste that bad?
    Media already did some serious investigative journalism on that one, after their round of, "WATCH US TASTE SWITCH CARTS AND ACT STUPID" videos.

It's almost like media are some of the very people Nintendo had in mind when they added the chemical to carts to make them so bitter - children who can't help but put everything in their mouths.