Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    On this episode of "Let's remove something tons of players enjoy simply because I don't"

Sorry for spoiling the ending of the season finale but nooooope

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    this is ike the 80th thread about this?
    and a poll thread... without a poll...

no, i think LFR should be made into a "tutorial mode"

have the mechanics take longer to happen, but do much more damage, give the boss much more health, much longer enrage, increase the determination
    when a boss it about to do a mechanic, bring up a big messege o nthe screen like a warning "SCORP IS ABOUT TO CAST SHOCKWAVE, STAND BEHIND A CRYSTAL TO AVOID SPAWNING MORE ADDS" so on so forth.... i think this would make the mode much much better

keep the rewards, have them maybe be garunteed after X amount of clears, or doing the fight and getting every single mechanic perfect (doing X amount to the add, dodge X abilitiy, taking damage from it once max, burst X dps during the boss vulnerability phase) complete a fight without getting effected by this, you get this item, this mechanic that item, or just beat the fight X amount of times and get all the items (no titan/warforging, this way it stops the people in higher raiding from feeling pissed when a lfr raider gets mythic level loot)

this way people can do lfr, understand the mechanics and learn them, this way they know them for normal, and still are raiding, but on a training mode, and be rewarded for doing the mechanics correctly

its the difference of playing a fighting game against an easy AI, and an AI that just stands there and lets you beat on them....
    Not a bad idea. +1

As for the OP, my alternative is simply merge LFR with Normal and call it Normal, with the difficulty of old Normal [there would be essentially two ways to do this new so called Normal, with the raid finder, or with players from your realm].

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagore View Post
    Do you wish LFR was removed from game?
    My vote is strongly YES!
    How hard is it to pug a norm.
    No.
    My vote is STRONGLY No!!
    Don't know, don't want to pug, don't have to pug. Won't Pug.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

LFR and Normal are too similar, IMO, just merge LFR and normal, make the difficulty in between LFR/Normal so it's not TOO hard but it still requires a pulse. LFR essentially gets "removed" but Normal is there, and there is a queue option like we have Heroic dungeons today. Heroics can be ran with an LFG tool but it still exists for those who want to just run it with a premade group.

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened yet...LFR/Normal are basically the same difficulty, one needs to be axed.

Deleted
    My vote is strongly YES!
    My question to you is, why?

Why remove the enjoyment of others when it doesn't detract from yours?

The damage LFR and LFG did to the community is long done. No point in doing more by literally taking content from people

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Why? How does it harm you?

If you don't like LFR, don't queue for it. Simple as that. People that use LFR literally don't harm you or your game play experience in any realistic way.

What is this obsession some people have with telling others how they have to live their lives / how they have to play their games?

my oppinion is: the biggest mistake they ever did, was to couple story and lore to raids. story and lore should be done through questing and other broad ingame elements.

if you have no story in raids there is no "i have no time and quickly run LFR a few times to watch the xpac movie, otherwise i had no chance to see the lore." thing.

raid should be decopuled from lore. and they should be decoupled from stupid things like long term progression and RNG. no raider should be forced into LFR for an effective chance of Legendary drops (see the problem? the word legendary and the word LFR in 1 sentence? that sounds very very strange).

after this, there is no problem with having x skill levels. if ppl want bash a puppet for totally crap rewards: fine. if ppl want to raid their ass of in mythic for highest rewards: fine. but dont give anyone of them ever a reason to cross their ways.

and all of em will be happy.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-03-03 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    LFR should be removed from the game because it was proven it serves no purpose. Those who care about raiding actually do normal+ and those who don't care aren't even stepping inside LFR for the age old bullshit argument "to see the content". 99% of LFR is consisted of raiding mains that farm legendaries and extra lolforged or alts of raiding chars.
    How was it proven? Please provide this data you have that shows it.

Because everything else (Proven data and statements from blizzard) say different. LFR is the most used and active raid difficulty and even the shit version in WOD was still the most used/played.

You make claims but provide no proof, blizzard reverted back to the MOP model with LFR because its in fact needed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    this is ike the 80th thread about this?
    and a poll thread... without a poll...

no, i think LFR should be made into a "tutorial mode"

have the mechanics take longer to happen, but do much more damage, give the boss much more health, much longer enrage, increase the determination
    when a boss it about to do a mechanic, bring up a big messege o nthe screen like a warning "SCORP IS ABOUT TO CAST SHOCKWAVE, STAND BEHIND A CRYSTAL TO AVOID SPAWNING MORE ADDS" so on so forth.... i think this would make the mode much much better

keep the rewards, have them maybe be garunteed after X amount of clears, or doing the fight and getting every single mechanic perfect (doing X amount to the add, dodge X abilitiy, taking damage from it once max, burst X dps during the boss vulnerability phase) complete a fight without getting effected by this, you get this item, this mechanic that item, or just beat the fight X amount of times and get all the items (no titan/warforging, this way it stops the people in higher raiding from feeling pissed when a lfr raider gets mythic level loot)

this way people can do lfr, understand the mechanics and learn them, this way they know them for normal, and still are raiding, but on a training mode, and be rewarded for doing the mechanics correctly

its the difference of playing a fighting game against an easy AI, and an AI that just stands there and lets you beat on them....
    yep, another fantastic idea. when you, as i said, decoupled raids from telling story, this would be perfect.

If you don't do LFR why do you care that others do it?

Deleted
    if you dont like meth, dont take it, why is it illegal? theres no reason to remove the joy from others.

what im trying to say is, that i believe that all would find the game to be alot better without lfr, even those who dont want it removed, they just dont know any better.
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2017-03-03 at 11:30 AM.

If it doesnt affect me why should i care

Deleted
    I dont know the statistics of LFR, but as a grown man with little time to play anymore i can say that LFR is the only way for me to even see what the current bosses looks like outside of videos.

Not everyone in LFR are superscrubs, some of us just dont have time and just want to see the latest design and dust of one of our alts.

I hate how everyone just assumes that anyone that steps into LFR sucks at the game, i have numerous top 50 world kills, i have been ranked top 10 world as a healer on several encounters, sure it was a few years ago now when i actually had time to invest but still, stop thinking you are the shit, your are NOT, you just probably have ALOT more time and interest in the game then other people currently.

Deleted
    LFR should be removed from the game because it was proven it serves no purpose.
    Mind providing this proof? Because I strongly disagree with that notion, I think it absolutely serves a purpose.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Yep.

I remember being in T4 while people were running SSC. I'd chat with them about the fights and the gear they were getting. It was in a way a "carrot on a stick" for our guild raiding. Then we were in T5 and they were in Black Temple. I always enjoyed that chase. Never really cared about the gear, just getting through the expansion raids steadily.

When Wrath hit I didn't mind the 10 and 25 man versions. I loved the odd-style triggers for hard modes. But when ToC hit and we had 10 regular, 10 heroic, 25 regular, 25 heroic I started to dislike it. We ran both versions and for awhile ran alts on the 25 version with another guild who had 12 raiders.

Now it's LFR, normal, heroic, mythic and for me, it just seems like too many options. Although I'm glad lots of people get to see every raid. I also miss the days where I couldn't see every raid until I made it there. And sometimes that meant not until the start of the next xpack (like with Naxx at the start of TBC).
    I actually went through the process of TBC raiding twice, first on US server, start of expansion, realm 1st, and somewhere in the top 100 world/top 50 US world rank or so for early T5.
    Then some drama happened but we kept farming T6 for months, Sunwell only cleared like the 1st 3 bosses then guild went on a low-attendance issue.
    Eventually the core kinda fell apart, and I decided to move to EU due to time zones (Raiding at 1am-7am for years wasnt that good for me in the long run)
    So on EU did the whole T4-Sunwell thing again , altho faster paced, cleared sunwell eventually before Wotlk.

As for Wotlk, I didn't mind 10 and 25 so much but ToC made it split into 4 lockouts a week which was a bit too much of the same imo, then they decided to revert that in cata, yet now we are at 3 lockouts and 1 LFR again.

I did raid Cata and MoP 10 man only (until about half of throne of thunder in early 5.2(quit shortly after, not cause of game reasons).

As for Legion, haven't found a suitable guild really, I can't raid weekends. So haven't done normal or tried to pug it.

LFR or pugging just isn't the same as raiding with repeatedly the same people.

And as I said before, only see it reasonable to remove when they highly reduce the number of servers, and improve guild management/recruitment and pug tools in-game, web sites aren't always up to date.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-03 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR should be removed from the game because it was proven it serves no purpose.
    It's been proven that a lot of people like it. That's all the purpose required.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

My vote is strongly YES!
    My god. Do we really need another one of these threads? If you don't want to run LFR, don't do it. Problem solved.

Yes, of course I do.

LFR should be removed from the game because it was proven it serves no purpose. Those who care about raiding actually do normal+ and those who don't care aren't even stepping inside LFR for the age old bullshit argument "to see the content". 99% of LFR is consisted of raiding mains that farm legendaries and extra lolforged or alts of raiding chars.
    Actually, the purpose of LFR should be similar to what world bosses are...something for non-raiders to look forward to each week rather than just farm world quests endlessly until they unsub. The reason this hasn't been the case this expansion is because LFR wings drop gear that is ~15 ilvls lower than what anyone can casually farm in world quests before the wing opens.
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    LFR and Normal are too similar, IMO, just merge LFR and normal, make the difficulty in between LFR/Normal so it's not TOO hard but it still requires a pulse. LFR essentially gets "removed" but Normal is there, and there is a queue option like we have Heroic dungeons today.
    I would like to see this also.