Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one who thinks Subaru is one of the best fleshed out characters I've seen so far.

My girlfriend also hated him.

Currently the only thing I'm watching is KonoSuba, seems like this dragon maid show is popular so I guess I should get on that?
    He's fleshed out, but it wasn't done very well. He's not a typical protagonist by any means, but he's just a bad character.I was never convinced that his decisions made sense or that he had any reason to feel or do anything he did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I'll take anything ATM...I really shouldn't use that acronym here.

OT: I finally finished SSY and I enjoyed it more the further it got in. I can understand why people love it. I binged Saekano in a day also, this was quite nice. Looking forward to S2. About to start Chihayafuru.
    Another one starting Chihaya, all aboard the hype train.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't watch either

15+ Year Old Account

get with the times grandpa this is how you meme

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the show in the 'second' part of the snapshot? I feel I've watchdd it but will fix asap if I havent

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the show in the 'second' part of the snapshot? I feel I've watchdd it but will fix asap if I havent
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/23277/...datekata?q=sae

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea...I just finished watching that show, yesterday or so. I'm going to go shame myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/M2kLWPZ.jpg[IMG]

get with the times grandpa this is how you meme
    What do you think about this one?

- - - Updated - - -

Yea...I just finished watching that show, yesterday or so. I'm going to go shame myself.
    Are you a fucking gold fish?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes, I may fucking be. I loved the show too haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    The new one? I pity your eyes.
    nah the original one
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Umineko Episode 01 - Well, alright.

Spoiler: 
    At first I had been under the impression that the VN's chapters would be all involving this single case. So seeing 6 people die right away was a bit of a shock, and it quickly became obvious the entire case was going to be over in the single episode. And man, there was so much stuff to unravel I can barely wrap my head around it.

I had suspected the old lady Kumasawa for half of it. When Battler offhandedly mentioned the faces could have been disfigured to make it seem like it was a brutal attack, poison seemed like the obvious answer for the first six deaths. However once it got to Kanon's death, I knew it couldn't have been her, because she was incredibly obvious at that point. I began to suspect it was one of the original six, and Battler also throwing around that theory made it seem plausible.

However, how? I have no fucking clue. I truly believed this until the end, when during the tea party, it's mentioned the shed was locked from the outside - how could the killer have escaped afterwards? Battler did theorize the killer could have dressed up a different body and weren't in the shed at all, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. How could they have gotten an extra body?

And then there's the letter that appeared when they were in the room. I really have no idea about that one. At least with Eva and Hideyoshi's death, while I don't exactly know how it happened, surely there must be some way to take off a chain and put it back on when leaving the room (Kanon even noted it was strangely weak??). But the letter? I have no fucking clue.

The question of whether Beatrice existed or not, or whether magic was real, was never really worth thinking about to me... I knew Beatrice had a in-game sprite, so of course she is real. And if she's real, magic must be real. That said, the murders couldn't have been done by magic. I did toy with the idea sometimes (particularly after the last letter) but in the end, I just can't believe it was done by magic.

All together, my top suspect was Rosa. She was the person of the first six that I believed could have still been alive. She had a connection to Maria, and seemed the odd one out. Maybe she did it all to make Maria happy by bringing back Beatrice, or maybe she wanted the inheritance. I'm not sure, but she certainly seemed the most plausible person, and still is to me. I can't explain how she did the shed thing, or how she placed the letter inside the room, but I still think she did it.
    --Plus, I noticed early on that the execution screen said for her "we'll be able to see her again".

I did mull over some other ideas, but I can't think of anything concrete. Maybe the burnt body with six toes was prepared well beforehand, and Kinzo was behind it all? Maybe there really was a 19th person, someone also from the orphanage? Maybe there were actually multiple murderers, all taking the name of 'Beatrice'? I even mulled over the absurd idea that Natsuhi was behind it all, what with her "headaches", and Kinzo praising her as a true Ushiromiya. Maybe she had some split personality thing, and killed herself when she found out she was the killer at the end.

Am I supposed to be able to get an answer with the clues provided? Is there actually a solution to this puzzle? I honestly don't know. Everything feels strange, like there's missing details. There's also the riddle to consider, but I just don't see how that's possible for us to solve.

Regardless, it has been great so far. That scene with Maria singing in the room. Christ.

Umineko Episode 01 - Well, alright.

Spoiler: 
    At first I had been under the impression that the VN's chapters would be all involving this single case. So seeing 6 people die right away was a bit of a shock, and it quickly became obvious the entire case was going to be over in the single episode. And man, there was so much stuff to unravel I can barely wrap my head around it.

I had suspected the old lady Kumasawa for half of it. When Battler offhandedly mentioned the faces could have been disfigured to make it seem like it was a brutal attack, poison seemed like the obvious answer for the first six deaths. However once it got to Kanon's death, I knew it couldn't have been her, because she was incredibly obvious at that point. I began to suspect it was one of the original six, and Battler also throwing around that theory made it seem plausible.

However, how? I have no fucking clue. I truly believed this until the end, when during the tea party, it's mentioned the shed was locked from the outside - how could the killer have escaped afterwards? Battler did theorize the killer could have dressed up a different body and weren't in the shed at all, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. How could they have gotten an extra body?

And then there's the letter that appeared when they were in the room. I really have no idea about that one. At least with Eva and Hideyoshi's death, while I don't exactly know how it happened, surely there must be some way to take off a chain and put it back on when leaving the room (Kanon even noted it was strangely weak??). But the letter? I have no fucking clue.

The question of whether Beatrice existed or not, or whether magic was real, was never really worth thinking about to me... I knew Beatrice had a in-game sprite, so of course she is real. And if she's real, magic must be real. That said, the murders couldn't have been done by magic. I did toy with the idea sometimes (particularly after the last letter) but in the end, I just can't believe it was done by magic.

All together, my top suspect was Rosa. She was the person of the first six that I believed could have still been alive. She had a connection to Maria, and seemed the odd one out. Maybe she did it all to make Maria happy by bringing back Beatrice, or maybe she wanted the inheritance. I'm not sure, but she certainly seemed the most plausible person, and still is to me. I can't explain how she did the shed thing, or how she placed the letter inside the room, but I still think she did it.
    --Plus, I noticed early on that the execution screen said for her "we'll be able to see her again".

I did mull over some other ideas, but I can't think of anything concrete. Maybe the burnt body with six toes was prepared well beforehand, and Kinzo was behind it all? Maybe there really was a 19th person, someone also from the orphanage? Maybe there were actually multiple murderers, all taking the name of 'Beatrice'? I even mulled over the absurd idea that Natsuhi was behind it all, what with her "headaches", and Kinzo praising her as a true Ushiromiya. Maybe she had some split personality thing, and killed herself when she found out she was the killer at the end.

Am I supposed to be able to get an answer with the clues provided? Is there actually a solution to this puzzle? I honestly don't know. Everything feels strange, like there's missing details. There's also the riddle to consider, but I just don't see how that's possible for us to solve.

Regardless, it has been great so far. That scene with Maria singing in the room. Christ.

There is an solution to everything. It's possible, but not necessarily plausible to figure out the answer after the first arc but there are a lot of massive hints in the first arc. The answer is fairly simple but complicated at the same time. The idea is that it should be possible to solve it after the 4th arc, with 5th and 6th giving even more massive clues for it.

enjoying the fact that you read it so much btw. I feel like I had pretty similiar thoughts after the first arc. I was confused as fuck. Especially the chained room.

Oh and about the epitaph: I think the clues given for the epitaph are pretty minimal and solving it with the clues provided in the VN is next to impossible. I can technically give clues for it at some point if you do want to have a legit go with it.
    Last edited by Asetotti; 2017-03-03 at 09:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jojo mentioned on friday and its not me:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    boy look at that picture, I wonder what the film could possibly be doing

edit: completely ignored the "zero" part of the title
    [CENTER]

Quoting the top commentor:
    Haven't felt this many chills since Boku no pico...
    Last edited by Asetotti; 2017-03-03 at 05:27 PM.

Seiren ep 9 - This was the route I was looking forward to the least, but it was an enjoyable episode. The weeb is too real.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    T H I C C
    H
    I
    C
    C

That show is way better than I thought it would be. I need to get caught up.

Madhouse pls enough dicking around already. Chihaya s3 or riot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kuzu no Honkai - I cannot blame Mugi. Not even in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Oh and about the epitaph: I think the clues given for the epitaph are pretty minimal and solving it with the clues provided in the VN is next to impossible. I can technically give clues for it at some point if you do want to have a legit go with it.
    That's what I figured. It's alright, I'll just watch it unravel.

Really glad I'm going in spoiler-free, honestly. I'm surprised I never stumbled upon a spoiler back when I browsed /a/ frequently. Generally it's rather easy to accidentally get spoiled on something for popular VNs like this.

That's what I figured. It's alright, I'll just watch it unravel.

Really glad I'm going in spoiler-free, honestly. I'm surprised I never stumbled upon a spoiler back when I browsed /a/ frequently. Generally it's rather easy to accidentally get spoiled on something for popular VNs like this.
    To make it even more "fun" it's impossible to solve without refering to the original Japanese version of the epitaph.
    And it's not exactly simple:
    Spoiler: 
    懐かしき、故郷を貫く鮎の川。
    黄金郷を目指す者よ、これを下りて鍵を探せ。

川を下れば、やがて里あり。
    その里にて二人が口にし岸を探れ。
    そこに黄金郷への鍵が眠る。

鍵を手にせし者は、以下に従いて黄金郷へ旅立つべし。

第一の晩に、鍵の選びし六人を生贄に捧げよ。
    第二の晩に、残されし者は寄り添う二人を引き裂け。
    第三の晩に、残されし者は誉れ高き我が名を讃えよ。
    第*の晩に、頭をえぐりて殺せ。
    第*の晩に、胸をえぐりて殺せ。
    第六の晩に、腹をえぐりて殺せ。
    第*の晩に、膝をえぐりて殺せ。
    第八の晩に、足をえぐりて殺せ。
    第*の晩に、魔女は蘇り、誰も生き残れはし*い。
    第十の晩に、旅は終わり、黄金の郷に至るだろう。

魔女は賢者を讃え、*つの宝を授けるだろう。
    一つは、黄金郷の全ての黄金。
    一つは、全ての死者の魂を蘇らせ。
    一つは、失った愛すらも蘇らせる。
    一つは、魔女を永遠に眠りにつかせよう。

安らかに眠れ、我が最愛の魔女ベアトリーチェ。

edit: fucking MMO-C deletes random letters from that.
    http://pastebin.com/Hm8mGdRS
    Last edited by Asetotti; 2017-03-03 at 11:23 PM.