Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To pad out the game time. The more inconvenient and inefficient it is to get shit done, the longer it takes you. All those seconds you spend killing mobs that dismount you and remounting add up in the long run. I've probably lost at least a couple hours in the 12 years I've played this game to daze.

It's something left over from another era of the game. It is just a minor annoyance as pulling even 15+ mobs and getting dazed leaves no threat of dying. Pop CD and aoe, everything died 1.5 seconds.
    Hi Sephurik

Forget dazed. Why is block and parry still a fucking thing? I get it in pvp, but in pvp it serves literally no other purpose but to annoy the player. I'd honestly be moderately fine with it as long as certain bosses couldn't block/parry me.

For example, how can Chronomatic Anomaly parry me? It's like 5 meters tall and made of energy. Not to mention it still parries while fucking CHANNELING.

How can Star Augur parry me? He doesn't do anything but cast spells!

Words cannot explain how annoying it is to have two bloodthirsts parry in a row and essentially miss two globals as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    So I run to a WQ destination on mount, and some mobs at the same level as me which I can kill in one hit, dazes me and knock me off my mount. I mean come on, if they're elites in a dungeon I can understand, but mobs on the world map? This is so unnecessary and an outdated mechanic.
    Prydaz helps and somehow makes you immune against dazed effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorable View Post
    I've been asking this question for nearly a decade now. The answer I always get is it makes the world feel dangerous and keeps you from running past everything. I don't understand why they can't just make the mobs do more damage if that is the goal.
    There's nothing particularly dangerous about being pecked to death by tiny mobs. The only times I've ever been killed by them is when I simply can't be bothered--it's faster to let them kill you and corpse run past them than it is to fight them. I know it's lazy but there's no point killing them either, they'll just respawn.

The whole idea of "death matters" doesn't work very well with this game where the whole paradigm is "die a hundred times times 'till you kill something and then go back and kill it again next week" or in the open world "kill something and then kill it again in 10 minutes." Nothing in this game stays dead for very long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    So I run to a WQ destination on mount, and some mobs at the same level as me which I can kill in one hit, dazes me and knock me off my mount. I mean come on, if they're elites in a dungeon I can understand, but mobs on the world map? This is so unnecessary and an outdated mechanic.
    It pisses you off and slows you down, working as intended.

I actually like it. Ottherwise you could completely ignore anything and everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    It pisses you off and slows you down, working as intended.

I actually like it. Ottherwise you could completely ignore anything and everything.
    lol, this.

Yes its a mechanic thats needed, its funny as shit to see a lvl 110 run through some low level mobs and get knocked off.. Have a sense of humor, when it happens to me I just laugh and say to myself "Fin Blizzard"

If it pisses you off then you have more issues than I can help you with.

I think its there to encourage players to engage with enemies in the world.

It does do its job poorly

Not nearly as outdated as your inability to steer, I suppose.

There would be nearly no point in having world mobs that don't daze you. You'd just run through everything and it'd reset. Atleast with daze, even if they are weak, it's a penalty for trying to just run through a bunch of mobs.

If you care that much, buy the saddle thing from Leatherworkers that prevents being dazed, fixed!

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    Stop crying
    We will start to fly after few months, how do you think poor NPCs feel when your drop on top of their head like Nuke?

You are right, Daze in its current form makes no sense. But instead of removing it the world should be made dangerous again. Make much more stuff not soloable through mechanics. Make outdoor content hard. Give those mobs oneshot abilities so we feel that is REALLY bad to get dazed and try to avoid it at all costs.

spell pushback can go away too

Quote Originally Posted by stimpo View Post
    spell pushback can go away too
    At this rate the next thing people will be asking for is to remove mobs even doing damage. The game needs to get harder not easier..

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    At this rate the next thing people will be asking for is to remove mobs even doing damage. The game needs to get harder not easier..
    I am all for harder environment, up to mobs dealing dark souls levels of damage. But with no fucking time-stealing daze, m'kay? The mechanics is there only to steal players' time, nothing else.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Forget dazed. Why is block and parry still a fucking thing? I get it in pvp, but in pvp it serves literally no other purpose but to annoy the player. I'd honestly be moderately fine with it as long as certain bosses couldn't block/parry me.

For example, how can Chronomatic Anomaly parry me? It's like 5 meters tall and made of energy. Not to mention it still parries while fucking CHANNELING.

How can Star Augur parry me? He doesn't do anything but cast spells!

Words cannot explain how annoying it is to have two bloodthirsts parry in a row and essentially miss two globals as a result.
    how can a tank survive a hit from a dragon 100x his size? why aren't they swatted away like flies?

anyways, just stand behind the boss. lot of melee dps doesn't do that these days for some reason. guess cause boss parry is only 3% these days.

To give whatever profession that makes those daze proof saddles a use.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Fuck daze. It wasn't an issue in WoD because you could just get the stable to remove it, but in legion it's annoying as fuck.
    If I'm not mistaken, there is a LW pattern that makes you immune to dismount for 4 hours ( 8 if you are a LW ) and its very cheap..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Stop crying
    We will start to fly after few months, how do you think poor NPCs feel when your drop on top of their head like Nuke?
    I wish some NPCs could flak you to the ground or hook to your mount. It will be so fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I wish some NPCs could flak you to the ground or hook to your mount. It will be so fun
    There actually is a mob in surumar that basically has grappling hook that roots you. Actually pretty difficult to get away from, wasn't able to CC it iirc.

As much as daze is annoying (another +1 for the LW barding), the world is already easy enough, especially so when flying comes into it. If anything they should add more flying mobs that daze/auto parachute you, or mobs not instantly tethering when you fly 1y off the ground. No more afk from A to B then.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-03-04 at 07:36 AM.