Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Well there goes those steel jobs, thanks Trump. US Steel for Pipelines..guess not

Well another promise that hardly made it a month..

A Jan. 24 order also instructed the secretary of Commerce to 'develop a plan under which all new pipelines, as well as retrofitted, repaired, or expanded pipelines, inside the borders of the United States, including portions of pipelines, use materials and equipment produced in the United States, to the maximum extent possible and to the extent permitted by law.

I am very insistent that if we’re going to build pipelines in the United States, the pipe should be made in the United States,'

'From now on we’re going to start making pipeline in the United States,' he pledged. 'It’s going to put a lot of workers, a lot of steelworkers back to work.'

Holding the signed document up, Trump announced, 'We will build our own pipeline, we will build our own pipes. That’s what it has to do with. Like we used to in the old days.'

and now the kicker

Keystone XL pipeline will NOT be built solely with U.S. steel - despite Trump's pledge that future projects will be all-American
    Trump's administration is exempting the Keystone XL pipeline from an order stating that new pipelines must be constructed with American products

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm getting burned out from this stuff.

Presidential candidates make a lot of promises, most of which are nearly impossible to keep. Why is it so important to rehash every single promise that doesn't work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Well another promise that hardly made it a month..

A Jan. 24 order also instructed the secretary of Commerce to 'develop a plan under which all new pipelines, as well as retrofitted, repaired, or expanded pipelines, inside the borders of the United States, including portions of pipelines, use materials and equipment produced in the United States, to the maximum extent possible and to the extent permitted by law.

I am very insistent that if we’re going to build pipelines in the United States, the pipe should be made in the United States,'

'From now on we’re going to start making pipeline in the United States,' he pledged. 'It’s going to put a lot of workers, a lot of steelworkers back to work.'

Holding the signed document up, Trump announced, 'We will build our own pipeline, we will build our own pipes. That’s what it has to do with. Like we used to in the old days.'

and now the kicker

Keystone XL pipeline will NOT be built solely with U.S. steel - despite Trump's pledge that future projects will be all-American
    Trump's administration is exempting the Keystone XL pipeline from an order stating that new pipelines must be constructed with American products
    A little confused here... this sounds like this is exactly what the steel industry would want?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Presidential candidates make a lot of promises, most of which are nearly impossible to keep. Why is it so important to rehash every single promise that doesn't work out?
    well good thing its called an off topic forum and not a what darsithis wants to talk about forum

I saw recently that the admin is considering (from a thread in the suggestion/feedback area) a political sub forum.

Edit: Ah, it was another global who mentioned something - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Politics-Forum

This one is important because his entire campaign boiled down to "AMERICAN JOBS FOR AMERICANS ONLY". When you explicitly go against that theme...

10+ Year Old Account

Because Trump followers, big generalization I know, tout off every single "promise" as gospel without a single thought of looking into how valid it is. I keep hearing the phrase "He's done more in (X amount of time) than Obama has done in 8 years!!!!" And yet most of us know it's BS.

But you're not the only one getting burned out from his perpetual BSing.

Dig Deep Bro, you gotta reach way down...way way down. Cause you got 3 years and 10 more months. This like like mile 1 of a marathon.

I'm guessing all of the contractual shit has already been fleshed out for the keystone pipeline, not much he can do there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    A little confused here... this sounds like this is exactly what the steel industry would want?
    Steel industry, yes. American steel workers, no. The industry would make more money from foreign made steel than it would domestic.

While I agree that the constant barrage of Trump-related threads is annoying, he DID get elected on the back of him not being a typical politician and rather being an honest champion of the working class American. Reality hitting this claim in the face is fairly relevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    The reason this applies to Keystone, which is just one of many pipelines being built in the US on a yearly basis. Is that the company behind Keystone was suing the US over the refusal of the Obama administration to not allow them to build it. It's a very expensive lawsuit that the Trump administration hopes they drop.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    well good thing its called an off topic forum and not a what darsithis wants to talk about forum
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I saw recently that the admin is considering (from a thread in the suggestion/feedback area) a political sub forum.

Edit: Ah, it was another global who mentioned something - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Politics-Forum
    I'm not referring to be being burned out about political stuff, but being annoyed by every single small or big promise "not kept" in the first few months as being huge news. People are quick to trot them out, point, and say "Look, Trump is a liar!".

Don't get me wrong, I'll never support Trump. Obama, Bush, Clinton, they all made tons of promises they never were able to keep.

10+ Year Old Account

Boeing Is Cutting 1,800 Seattle-Area Factory, Engineering Jobs

So this is like when he stood and did a speech at Boeing talking about how many jobs he has saved and is going to be saving here in the U.S.A. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    This one is important because his entire campaign boiled down to "AMERICAN JOBS FOR AMERICANS ONLY". When you explicitly go against that theme...
    Which was a retarded promise to make, really. America is a global country in so many ways. You can't disengage from the world, not with an economy like ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Didn't he promise this in his speech this week?
    I don't listen to his speeches. I've a 4 year old nephew I can talk to when I need my fix of kid talk. He also tried to get me to give him $4 for eating all of his ice cream so I think the content matches as well.

Really? i just assumed this was MMO-Trumpion now

when we see some WoW new posts i feel like we're being spoilt.

Which was a retarded promise to make, really. America is a global country in so many ways. You can't disengage from the world, not with an economy like ours.
    I don't disagree. But yeah, when he's making everything about how he's for americans ra ra ra usa usa and then "backstabs" like this... it kinda topples over everything he's said in his campaigns that weren't already falling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    We should be holding our representatives to their promises instead of just write it off as business as usual. It goes perfectly with people being more informed and hence more engaged. This was actual shown with Obama, but now that we have a highly unpopular president I'd expect people to be more critical.
    To do that, we'd have to prevent them from making the promises in the first place. Campaign on logic and reason instead of emotion. Not sure that is doable. Humans are nothing if not emotional creatures, just look at brand loyalty. People will drive out of their way to purchase a specific brand of gasoline even though they're all the same.

A politician breaks a key campaign promise that he made? I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you! Alert the internets!

You liberals and SJW's keep this up, acting like each and every single thing Trump says or does is a crime against humanity, than in 6 months, you'll all be either burned out and comatose, or all driven irreparably insane.

...on second thought, that wouldn't be such a bad thing. BATTLE ON, SJW's!!! NIGHT AND DAY WITHOUT STOP!
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2017-03-04 at 02:01 AM.