Poll: Who would win?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    bear.

how about rhino or hippo
    Easy, all depends on terrain. Land:Rhino Water:Hippo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Next one: triceratops vs elephant!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bear.

Tiger wouldn't be able to take down the bear before the bear gets in few good hits, which is all the bear needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Next one: triceratops vs elephant!
    Elephant easily. The smarter of the two.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

bear.

how about rhino or hippo
    rhino. even elephants don't fuck with rhinos.

seen those dudes throw a cape buffalo like it ain't shit.

Even Yogi could take down a tiger, lul. Can we a real match up here?

bear.

how about rhino or hippo
    Hippo might be interesting. Rhinos are basically the tanks of nature, their hide is so thick that anything short of a gun basically can't hurt them.

10+ Year Old Account

3.5m tall
    Do him vs teddy bear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    i meant vs a bear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    There'd be no feasible way for a hippo to pull a rhinoceros into the water. Hippos have sharp teeth, sure, but Rhinos have goring horns.

Lions prey on hippos. They don't prey on rhinos.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Bear wins in all situations. It's simply built for fighting. It will most likely crush the tigers skull with it's paws and that will be the end of it.
    Staged fights between Bears and Lions have been made and the Bear won all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

Elephant easily. The smarter of the two.
    I doubt that would play much into it.

Triceratops had to survive in an environment with Tyrannosaurs Rex roaming around. A full grown african elephant is only about two feet taller than a triceratops was, and a triceratops could weigh almost half a ton more.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Why are we even having this discussion?
    Because you didn't read the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Tempted to say bear, but tigers have more experience killing other animals so I can't make up my mind.
    ....What?....Both.....what?....Exactly what do you think bears eat? This isn't Winnie the Pooh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I doubt that would play much into it.

Triceratops had to survive in an environment with Tyrannosaurs Rex roaming around. A full grown african elephant is only about two feet taller than a triceratops was, and a triceratops could weigh almost half a ton more.
    What eats an adult elephant? Other animals know not to mess with them for good reason. Tris look cool but if they couldn't mortally wound the elephant in the first charge then they are done dealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    What eats an adult elephant? Other animals know not to mess with them for good reason. Tris look cool but if they couldn't mortally wound the elephant in the first charge then they are done dealing.
    Groups of lions are known to have killed elephants when lacking easier prey. As powerful as elephants are, they still tend to travel in groups for the safety purposes.

Triceratopses have superior weight, physical shape better suited for fighting, dozens millions years of experience of fighting off multiple types of carnivorous dinosaurs. The only downside I can think of is their bones are thinner than those of elephants (at least as far as I remember), so they are probably worse at taking hits. I would still bet on a triceratops in an 1 on 1 fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The bear. Because size matters. Put bear cubs around and the bear will utterly destroy the tiger.

Its also my favorite animal.

Hippos are pretty strong btw. Don't mess with Hippos.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    ....What?....Both.....what?....Exactly what do you think bears eat? This isn't Winnie the Pooh...
    "Though Kodiak bears are often touted as the world's largest land carnivore (meat eaters), they are really omnivores (using a variety of foods). They actually spend more time eating grass, plants and berries than meat. Fish are an important part of their diets, but few Kodiak bears expend the time or effort necessary to chase and kill mammals."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Groups of lions are known to have killed elephants when lacking easier prey. As powerful as elephants are, they still tend to travel in groups for the safety purposes.

Triceratopses have superior weight, physical shape better suited for fighting, dozens millions years of experience of fighting off multiple types of carnivorous dinosaurs. The only downside I can think of is their bones are thinner than those of elephants (at least as far as I remember), so they are probably worse at taking hits. I would still bet on a triceratops in an 1 on 1 fight.
    Were tris actually good at defending themselves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, if the Tiger gets the jump on the bear can easily take one down. Straight 1v1 with no surprises the bear should theoretically win, much larger and far more strength

I sort of take issue with the classification of bears as slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?