Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid thinngs in Legion aside its just that Game is getting really old, people moving on, its that simple. my guild stopped raiding as well, so when sub runs out thats it for me, prob wont even buy next expansion.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

7+ Year Old Account
    Outside of being in a high end raiding guild(lets be generous and call that top 200) friends list is >>>>>>>> guild.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    It's a frustrating way to design a game for any semi serious raiding guild and the grind is destined to burnout the playerbase in general.
    The game isn't designed for any semi serious raiding guild. Players that take the game seriously are destined to burnout.

Avoiding burnout as a guild and as a player are two separate issues, and neither of which is Blizzard's concern. Blizzard's concern is with selling the product, and keeping a majority of its customers paying. Hardcore raiders focusing on progression will always be in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    The game isn't designed for any semi serious raiding guild. Players that take the game seriously are destined to burnout.

Avoiding burnout as a guild and as a player are two separate issues, and neither of which is Blizzard's concern. Blizzard's concern is with selling the product, and keeping a majority of its customers paying. Hardcore raiders focusing on progression will always be in the minority.
    Blizzard right now:

Doubt it, people have been screaming this as long as i've played

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Are guilds disbanding now? Yes. More than ever? Nope.
    How do you know this?
    Can you present the numbers from, say the last 3 expacs?

Of course you can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    so when sub runs out thats it for me, prob wont even buy next expansion.
    That's maybe, most likely, probably, just about the most dedicated "I quit" message I maybe, might have seen here, in the past few days/months.
    Show them tiger!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Not sure that it's happening more now that it has in previous expansions, but it's definitely more known now.
    This is what I would say the true answer..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    The first two replies in this thread are: *shoves fingers in the ears* "LALALALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALALALALALA! WOW IS THE BEST MMO! LALALALALALA! NOTHING WRONG WITH THE GAME! LALALALALALA! LEGION IS THE BEST EXPANSION! LALALALALALALALALA! THE GAME IS GROWING! LALALALALALALALA!".

Unsurprising really. One guy being a mod on a WoW related website, and the other guy posting with an ingame picture.
    Last edited by mmoc594fd2488f; 2017-03-04 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much grind and RNG = burnout
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Blizzard went out of their way to make the game awful for raiders with the legendary system, AP system and titanforging system.

But it's better for casual players apparently I guess?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Blizzard went out of their way to make the game awful for raiders with the legendary system, AP system and titanforging system.

But it's better for casual players apparently I guess?
    They also made the game awful for pvp-ers even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard right now:
    snip
    On the outside. On the inside they're like "OMFG, WHAT DID WE DO?! WHY DID WE LISTEN TO HAZZIKOSTAS AND HOLINKA?! QUICKLY, BRING SOME FAST CONTENT PATCHES! OH AND FREE MOUNTS FOR ALL CLASSES! FUCK!!! AND...WHAT ELSE DID THE COMMUNITY COMPLAIN ABOUT? OH YEAH, AND FASTER AP GRIND! AND THROW IN SOME LEGENDARY BADLUCK PROTECTION! WE CAN STLL DO THIS, GUYS!"

I imagine when the game was hemorrhaging subs in WoD having it's player base almost cut in half it lost more guilds then ever before.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    The first two replies in this thread are: *shoves fingers in the ears* "LALALALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALALALALALA! WOW IS THE BEST MMO! LALALALALALA! NOTHING WRONG WITH THE GAME! LALALALALALA! LEGION IS THE BEST EXPANSION! LALALALALALALALALA! THE GAME IS GROWING! LALALALALALALALA!".

Unsurprising really. One guy being a mod on a WoW related website, and the other guy posting with an ingame picture.
    I'm surprised said mod hasn't closed the thread yet, that used to be his old trick if it didn't match his opinion.

I am sure the percentage of raids disbanding is higher then normal. When you can do mythic + and end up with the same type of gear for way less time and effort it makes it easy to wonder why you spend hours a week raiding. Even more so when raids hit a hurdle of some sort, be it a boss, recruiting or schedule. Gearing up in Legion is just a hot mess right now, my main who is a mythic raider is the same item level as one of my luckier alts that only does WQ and very few mythic + runs.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Casual raiding is dying a fast death since you can basically get the same item level from raids or higher from non raid content.

The hardcore ones are breaking up at about the same rate.

Well, WoW is no longer a very good game. All it has is raiding, and raiding isn't for everybody. There's people quitting left and right, youtube content creators are quitting on the daily, obviously this can result in a lot of their fans quitting as well. There are simply better games to play, WoW is not even the best MMO anymore, imo ESO is better(not interested in whatever petty argument you might want to start).

Addiction, time committed, raiding, nostalgia, those are the things keeping people around. There's no reason to play WoW, when there's LoL, Dota, HoTs, Hearthstone, Overwatch, CSGO, big single player titles and on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Well, WoW is no longer a very good game. All it has is raiding, and raiding isn't for everybody. There's people quitting left and right, youtube content creators are quitting on the daily, obviously this can result in a lot of their fans quitting as well. There are simply better games to play, WoW is not even the best MMO anymore, imo ESO is better(not interested in whatever petty argument you might want to start).

Addiction, time committed, raiding, nostalgia, those are the things keeping people around. There's no reason to play WoW, when there's LoL, Dota, HoTs, Hearthstone, Overwatch, CSGO, big single player titles and on.
    Nice of you to disqulify your post with the first 2 sentences Mythic+ and it's end-game raiding loot would like a word.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I have noticed is that players don't feel obligated to stay in guilds now. Players don't feel they have to integrate or become social. Making friends and playing as part of a micro community in a guild is now dying.

Guilds rarely serve a social purpose now for players on a realm, in the same guild to make friends.

People are now in a constant shift of self gratification and will prostitute themselves for progress and gain. It is becoming more and more common for people to drop a guild in hopes of faster progress and reward.

It's harder to find dedicated raiders who will remain in a guild without the mentality of "You are progressing too slow for me, I need faster clearing, I am leaving" but that same raider who progressed with the previous guild will then use that experience to advertise their progress.

Easier to quit a guild and leap frog progress in another guild than it is to stay in a guild and help progress it.

Realm identity doesn't matter anymore so you no longer have to worry about a reputation.

Deleted
    Answer: No.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    I heard it here and there, that guilds disband. I've joined 2 that disbanded, just in the past 2 weeks, all having cleared 3/10 M.

Is it just me or guilds are really struggling?
    I'll agree with the moderator this one time. Guilds disband and form a lot, some are small and Insignificant some become large raiding or PvP guilds on a server.

But then, I also see how Legion Is at a realistic 3 mil subs If not less at this point and with the lack of people, lack of challanging high end content (Mythic seems too easy these days, cleared In a week? Please...) and you've seen large, top raiding guilds of the world start disbanding since Warlords, cause they got burned out on challanging content, the large 14 month content draught didn't help, and the less than challanging mythic raiding In the last 6 months for Legion Isn't that great either. They abandoned WoD halfway through to give us Legion to work hard on it, but all we got was a grindfest upon a grindfest (Which Is not Vanilla or old school as Blizzard might want to claim, yes It was part of Vanilla but not everything part of Vanilla was good) and that's It.

The challange died off, and I'm sure Mythic Raiders, high end raiders don't find It appealing that any random sod can get boosted through Mythic dungeons or mythic + dungeons and just get as high ilevel as a Mythic Raider just by paying gold - understand the view of the mythic raider, they want to have the best of the best, cause they tried, they downed that mythic boss, and kept downing It to get their best gear. And even In Vanila/TBC and to some extent Wrath you saw people In high end stuff and you'd feel almost Inspired to get that gear as well, cause It looked cool or flashy (TBC-tier sets the best looking btw, and them copying Black Temple tier sets for 7.2 just makes It so more obvious they're trying to hog on their old glories).

At the end of the day, raiders are realizing any random sod can get their kind of gear with less effort and time Involved, as well as them being burned out by the non-existant challenging content (Until the end of my days, I'll remain saying Vanilla/TBC and Wrath was the hardest raiding yet) and the biggest point of all: Legion Is a giant casualified version of the game, where anyone can get anything very casually, and there's little to no place for hardcore people this expansion. And when you get rid of your hardcore fanbase, you've lost the game and they are slowly loosing It.

Even me, who enjoys PvPing In a hardcore way and I have since Vanilla,I can't even get Conquest gear anymore to just be happy In the fact I -do- have the strongest gear, and I don't have to grind for gear pieces over and over again In PvP, and before I even get the best of the best set the next season has begun (As they only last 3 months It seems and you can be sure season 2 Is ending within a few weeks this month, that being March). The gear grinding Is not part of PvP, that's for PvE'ers to do. You get the PvP gear within a few months and you're done, no more worries. But now you worry for your Gear sets, as well as your Artifact Power and that forces me and other PvPers that want to stay competative to grind PvE content, world quests, raids and even dungeons to GET Artifact Power and gear, cause you get stronger gear from PvE scources and much faster than you would from PvP ones. Not to mention If you loose a BG you get NOTHING, literaly nothing your time Is wasted. And If you win, you get a chance at a gear piece you already have. Now, there was a system In place to prevent this from being a problem, from you just getting the same old gear piece and being unable to fully gear up, It was called a Honor/Conquest gear vendor. They've removed their own fix for the horrific RNG, a counterbalance If you will. RNG to a point Is not bad, If there's a counterbalance and that PvP gear vendor was the counterbalance and they KNOW they did It, artificially extending our playtime that way.

Really, all the features In legion that I see are just artificially extending our experience and making us just stay around and pay for our sub longer. Or even using WoW tokens which still drains our time Into something we'll not be good at unless we grind every, single, day and get that artifact power, get that gear and at the end of the day that will not be enjoyable.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?