Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patrick Stewart, offended by cheaper drugs & more jobs, plans to fight back vs Trump

Patrick Stewart, apparently offended that Trump plans to make prescription drugs cheaper for seniors, provide more high paying jobs for Americans, improve infrastructure and drain the swamp of lobbyists by creating a new 5 year ban on former politicians joining lobbyist forms, plans to become an American citizen to fight back.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/patrick-s...124742995.html

Lobbyist rights must be important to Stewart to make this bold move, along with the right of drug manufacturers to gouge the public. Maybe he's just getting senile?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2017-03-04 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Patrick Stewart, apparently offended that Trump plans to make prescription drugs cheaper for seniors, provide more high paying jobs for Americans, improve infrastructure and drain the swamp of lobbyists by creating a new 5 year ban on former politicians joining lobbyist forms, plans to become an American citizen to fight back.

Lobbyist rights must be important to Stewart to make this bold move, along with the right of drug manufacturers to gouge the public. Maybe he's just getting senile?
    The rest are fine goals, but that's just hilarious after he has filled his cabinet with the people lobbyists work for. There's no need for the middle men anymore, when the bosses are in direct power for their own benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

You can oppose Trump without necessarily opposing his overall goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally a sad post. Could been waaay more funny with a Title like "Capt. Picard Flips the Script, Decides to Violate the Prime Directive!".

And people wonder why conservatives fail at humor...

Deleted
    To me this gives a bad rap towards immigration.
    When you immigrate to another country it's not meant impose your political and idealogical believes on it or to change it. It's to accept the country you immigrate to just like any other citizen.

I can understand somethings that are incredibly important to your own survival like Healthcare and income.
    Admittingly it's much more common that English people who get famous in polic/news immigrate to america. Milo might be another example.

But Trump is not draining the swamp (more like digging it deeper, actually), he's unlikely to give you more "high paying jobs" and medical care will not be cheaper for everyone.

The only one Trump ever wanted to help was himself. The man is deranged and dangerous.

I vote Picard for 2020 DNC Keynote Speaker.

Make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    To me this gives a bad rap towards immigration.
    When you immigrate to another country it's not meant impose your political and idealogical believes on it or to change it. It's to accept the country you immigrate to just like any other citizen.

I can understand somethings that are incredibly important to your own survival like Healthcare and income.
    Admittingly it's much more common that English people who get famous in polic/news immigrate to america. Milo might be another example.
    He is not trying to commit treason against the US. He is allowed to disagree with Trump and express his views US citizen or not, it's your choice to agree with him or provide arguments on why you disagree with him. This new world of who can and can't say things because of immigration or hypocrisy is dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget offended by human trafficking and child sex ring busts! Something else the lying msm doesn't talk about with Trump. With the DOW up 21k points all the msm can talk about is tin foil hat conspiracy's about muh Russia.

Why the left wants to start a nuclear war with Russia I'll never know, I wish these war mongers would just fuck off.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

That's a really heavy spin on the article, which has little to do with anything you said. But I think the most shocking part is that apparently you're still using Yahoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Do people always have to make their thread titles the most political hackey thing possible.

I mean I guess all the statists on this board love doing it, but thats not an excuse to respond in kind.

It's depressing that actors have to remind us that they are nothing like the characters they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's a really heavy spin on the article, which has little to do with anything you said. But I think the most shocking part is that apparently you're still using Yahoo.
    He's not the only conservative to live 20+ years in the past, though.

Its a good news aggregator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    It's depressing that actors have to remind us that they are nothing like the characters they play.
    Or maybe you're just wrong, and Patrick Stewart's behaviour is exactly in line with Picard/Xavier. That thought hasn't crossed your mind? Oh god, what am I saying, of course it hasn't. Also, with regards to Picard... He's a captain of a starship in a utopian, communist, ultra-liberal era, and protects and enforces that order of things. And then you say his actor is out of line with his character, when he opposes an egoistic, isolationist and nationalistic leader?

Can I please have whatever it is you're smoking?
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2017-03-04 at 11:30 AM.

Deleted

I'm confused and honestly a bit out of the loop here, but nowhere does your article state he's offended by Trump's plans to make drugs cheaper.
    In fact I searched for something along the lines of "Patrick Steward drugs" or "Patrick Steward cheaper drugs" and the first thing that pops up on Google is this thread of yours.

Can you at least back up your claims, or are they just your own conclusions? Even in the video of his appearance on TheView he just says "I want to become a US citizen so I can oppose Trump". I mean I'm not thrilled by Steward's way of simply "opposing" Trump for the sake of opposition, but you make it sound like he specifically wants to keep drugs expensive? Or keep the infrastructure as is?
    I'd be happy to concede my doubts, so please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Its a good news aggregator.
    That's the most outlandish thing I've ever heard on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    You can oppose Trump without necessarily opposing his overall goals.
    Even more so, you can oppose Trump because you realize that what he says his goals are and what his goals actually are are not the same thing and even if they were, his proposed means are not a way to achieve them.

There's an issue with Trumpettes that I feel really speaks to intellectual dishonesty. It's the notion that, by opposing Trump, you oppose "american values." That's really not the case. In fact, I'd say most people's ideas of what America SHOULD stand for are why they oppose Trump.

See, I hear a lot from his supporters that Trump has "the right idea behind his actions" if you just sort through his crazy rhetoric and rambling speeches. Well you know, if the path TO those actions is stupid and wont actually get you there, it doesn't matter how damn good your "intentions" are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Don't forget offended by human trafficking and child sex ring busts! Something else the lying msm doesn't talk about with Trump. With the DOW up 21k points all the msm can talk about is tin foil hat conspiracy's about muh Russia.

Why the left wants to start a nuclear war with Russia I'll never know, I wish these war mongers would just fuck off.
    Trump's just content to start a war with North korea while sticking his middle finger at China over the South China seas. Or did he flip-flop on those points already?

If he keeps this up he'll get whiplash in no time.

Pursuant to my point above, you need to learn that opposing Putin's desire to just do whatever he wants while reaming the US up the ass isn't the same as "wanting war with Russia."
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-03-04 at 11:44 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

That's the most outlandish thing I've ever heard on this forum.
    I mean the only thing they do is look up for AP/reuters articles and put them in their website, so its not really that bad. Except for show business stuff where I don't really know how good they are at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was expecting more comical flair, but alas, twas not meant to be.