Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchbringer View Post
    I am only banned for 30 seconds when I try to post something, so I guess it is a "slightly hidden ban"? I don't know what you would call that actually. I didn't get an email about it.
    I suggest you google what it actually means.
    So in essence though nothing happened ? Thread probably just got deleted for that Russia stuff.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2017-03-04 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    1. Playing random bgs is boring as fuck anyways, you should try Rated Battleground. There are multiple "no current rating req, no voice" groups, that act just like random bgs, the queues are faster, you see the people you go into the bg with, so your team is balanced. Not to mention the rewards are much higher both in items, AP and honor gain. Not only that, but you don't have SoTA, IoC, AV in the RBG rotation. Problem fixed.
    Would love to, but unpredictable circumstances take that option away from me, but for a good number of people this might be a good solution, I guess.

2. You shouldn't be hating on russians, but instead download an addon called "battlegroundtargets". This addon (although it's functionality is limited this patch and doesn't show the spec of the players for ex.) has an option to translate russian names for you.
    Thanks, I will try out that addon. I have never heard of it, because I usually don't use any addons at all. I love all the friendly, non-botting, non-cheating, non-teleporting, non-pre-mading russians by the way.

3. This one is very wierd indeed. Unless you're in a top 500 world guild (and you probably aren't) you shouldn't be benched if a player of the same class/spec has better legendaries. My guild (4 mythic kills) is like 1.5k world and we take everyone solely based on performance, which means more than just dps/hps. I myself have 4 legendaries and i know people that play literally half the time i do and have 6 legendaries. What can i do? NOT CARE! As it doesn't affect my playstyle that much in the end as we're not pushing for world/europe/server first or something.
    There are many legitimate reasons to dislike the legendary system apart from benching. For me the problems already start at the way legendary items can be acquired. If I get my best legendary from killing a random crab in the world, I will be very disappointed. I want it to drop after beating the timer of an intense +20 mythic plus run or similar situation.

Would love to, but unpredictable circumstances take that option away from me, but for a good number of people this might be a good solution, I guess.

Thanks, I will try out that addon. I have never heard of it, because I usually don't use any addons at all. I love all the friendly, non-botting, non-cheating, non-teleporting, non-pre-mading russians by the way.

There are many legitimate reasons to dislike the legendary system apart from benching. For me the problems already start at the way legendary items can be acquired. If I get my best legendary from killing a random crab in the world, I will be very disappointed. I want it to drop after beating the timer of an intense +20 mythic plus run or similar situation.
    They are introducing some crafted legendaries in the next patch and they look quite cool, so i guess we will have those by default (after some effort ofc). You also have to understand that legendaries are designed for both hardcore, regular, casual and noob players. As a hardcore player you NEED them badly, as a regular (casual that has a lot of friends and runs stuff like a weekly 15 M+ and caps arena from time to time - that's my description atleast) and casual sure you whisper nasty things to your friends when they get a legendary and you don't, jealousy is a great trait of humanity, which sparks both ambitious drives and a bunch of laughs on skype. The noob is just mesmerized when he/she gets one, as it's the only orange item they've ever seen, imagine the wonder and joy.

As a conclusion of what i just wrote: not everyone can be happy with any system they put in place.
    Last edited by Cannibalus; 2017-03-04 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I suggest you google what it actually means.
    So in essence though nothing happened ? Thread probably just got deleted for that Russia stuff.
    What would you suggest I rename it to?

I will explain my ban situation one more time for clarity. When I log on to the official WoW forums right now, everything looks fine as usual. When I click on "New Topic" everything still looks normal and I can start typing in my text. After I typed in all my text and pressed "submit" it will send me back to the general forum without any message, notice or warning. When I now hover over the "New Topic" button it will say "Account Suspended" for a short time.

I wholeheartedly hate what WoW has become, but I would remove your thread and ban you as well because there is no way to make your thread constructive.

You want to criticize Blizzard? Good. I do, too, and I do this all the time, ask others on this forum. Argue that a particular system or a particular thing they are doing is bad. Arguing that they don't listen can't get anywhere (even though in a way this is more or less correct). It just can't. The thread can't do anything but produce negativity, that's why it was removed and you were banned.

In short: post about the game, not about the devs.

Deleted
    I don't see the point in these "why was I banned over there?" topics. They are based on some conspiracy-theories, ignoring the very easy to figure other 10 good reasons. The possibility of getting support for the conspiracy-theory when coming here and opening a topic about it is thus almost zero.

What you could do instead is to actually think about your original topic rewrite it to make it a bit more neutral and objective and post it here. Chances are even then you might end up with less approval than rejections but at least you actually debate about your true concerns.
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2017-03-04 at 01:12 PM.

"Account Suspended" for a short time.
    well that sounds like a normal ban ? The point of a shadowban as already mentioned is the poster in question not knowing that he was actually banned so he can post all he wants but no one is going to read it. I don't think it was a particularly ban worthy post but we all know how the Blizzard cucks are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pzyho View Post
    Tell me why we should care again..?
    The classic, "Why should I care?". Because it can happen to you too?

"But I don't care.", yea, see your thread when you get banned.

OP.

You're passive-aggressive every single sentence. I don't think they'd ban you for only this, you must've done something else, if not, open up a ticket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I don't see the point in these "why was I banned over there?" topics. They are based on some conspiracy-theories, ignoring the very easy to figure other 10 good reasons. The possibility of getting support for the conspiracy-theory when coming here and opening a topic about it is thus almost zero.
    Wait, what? You think this might be a conspiracy-theory? LOL!

Hey guys,

yesterday I opened a thread on the official World of Warcraft general EU forum. It received a lot of approval by the community (like 40 votes) and everyone in that topic was providing fact-based feedback and objective, civil discussion. There was no violation of the Code of Conduct anywhere.
    Stop making poor decisions and changes that nobody asked for, but if you do, at least get over your corporate pride and correct these mistakes quickly after.

Oh, wait. Forget everything I just wrote.

Thanks for reading.
    The End.
    Their forum, their rules. Just because a few agree does not make your post acceptable. You have no evidence. Just opinion. Some rather racist infact. You may not have notice it. But that is a common trait among English only speakers. That was a clue.

Blizzard is not perfect and yes, I too disagree with some their design decision. Your post was not every constructive. Your decision to continue your rant about Blizzard seems to suggest you are not really looking for a constructive discussion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

yesterday I opened a thread on the official World of Warcraft general EU forum. It received a lot of approval by the community (like 40 votes) and everyone in that topic was providing fact-based feedback and objective, civil discussion. There was no violation of the Code of Conduct anywhere. So I was very surprised to find that my thread was completely removed and I was immediately shadowbanned without any warning as a first time "offender". Is this a regular thing that Blizzard is doing? I find this very alarming and deceptive, especially since they try to make it look like I am NOT banned, but only show me as banned for 30 seconds shortly after I try to post something now. Why not just outright ban me and be done with it?

Here is the original post if you are interested. The topic was called "They don't listen or care, and never have." Was this post truly so disturbing that Blizzard had no other choice than to shut me down completely? You decide.

They don't listen or care, and never have.

In this topic I would like to provide strong evidence that Blizzard has never cared or even listened to feedback provided by the community. There are many ways to prove this, but I will provide 3 major, mindblowing examples that are baffling beyond believe.

I chose the following 3 examples because they all follow the same pattern that lingers over every bad decision ever made by Blizzard. They have a bad idea for a new feature, they then implement it poorly without asking the player base if they are even interested in such a feature, and then corporate pride prevents them from correcting their mistake.

The first example will be based on PvP, the second will be a generel one, and the third will be based on PvE. The different examples come from different times in the life of World of Warcraft.

The first example is the implementation and current state of Strand of the Ancients.

Ever since this Battleground has been introduced in Wrath of the Lich King, it has been met with pretty much zero approval by the PvP community. Vehicle mechanics were a terrible idea in general, but in Strand of the Ancients, they are as bad as they get. Not only do players have merely ONE button (how exciting) to press while using a vehicle, but the vehicles also bug out regularly, which prevents players from firing the catapult. I filed a bug report for this in 2009. Still waiting for a response or fix.

Aside from the vehicle mechanics being disgustingly simplistic and broken, the Battleground itself is also very poorly thought out. When the stronger team begins on the defending side, the first round becomes a graveyard camping waiting game almost every time. In the second round, the weaker team doesn't even have a reason to try, because everyone already knows how the game is going to end.

Did Blizzard listen to any of the feedback provided by the community and redesign this unbearable Battleground since it was released? Of course not, on the contrary! Not only did they not improve Strand of the Ancients, they implemented ANOTHER vehicle based Battleground later, to spite us I guess? I don't know. Isle of Conquest is just as hated as Strand of the Ancients. This shows us that Blizzard doesn't care at all what the PvP community thinks about the provided content, even when it is met with at least 95% disapproval.

Strand of the Ancients needs to be completely redone with a different approach.

The second example is the merging of european and russian realms.

This is a very big thing that Blizzard happily and excitedly announced years ago, like it was the best idea they ever came up with. If you would go through the original annoucement thread today, you would see that it was met with an insane amount of disapproval from the word go. Almost everyone thought this was a bad idea.

Ever since this was implemented, it has caused nothing but problems. There is a very big communication problem with russian players. Many of them simply don't know english very well, which makes things unnecessarily complicated.

Aside from the language barrier, there is another gigantic problem. Russians have cyrillic letters as names! Why is this such a problem? Because it makes communication especially in PvP situations unfairly difficult. What if I want to tell my friend to target a russian mage in a Battleground with me, but there are 3 russian mages in the enemy team and they all have unreadable names. How am I supposed to communicate to my friend which russian to target?

"Let's attack that mage! No, the other mage. The one with the other cyrillic letters. No, not that one either. The one with the weird F or whatever as a first letter. Nevermind, I am dead!"

What a great experience.

Russians also always manage to join as 10-man premades in random Battlegrounds to stomp over completely random groups of enemies. Why is that allowed? And why do 95% of bots in Battlegrounds have russian names? Coincidence?

Russian players simply don't fit in with the european community. Blizzard has received this kind of feedback since the very beginning, but have they corrected their mistake or at least given a constructive response? No.

Give russians their own realms back! Let them pre-made and bot against each other all day, but keep me out of it. There are more than enough russian players to have their own realms and be just fine.

The third example is the most recent one. It's probably the most hated thing I have ever seen the community be so vocal about. It's the legendary system.

Ah yes, no list of failures is complete without Blizzard's latest showing of corporate pride and complete lack of interest in player feedback. How did this terribly unfair system make it into the game? Nobody knows and nobody asked for it.

This is an idea that is so bad, that it alone makes players quit the game. It's the main reason why my friend list keeps getting emptier and emptier. There were times when I had 80 friends online at prime times. This number has since dropped to 30! What do all of them give as a reason for quitting? Legendaries and RNG.

Just roll the dice everyone! If you roll a five or six twice in a row, you can stay and be happy. If you keep rolling ones and twos, you will think twice before buying your next WoW Token.

Especially great players who take damage and healing performance seriously, but got unlucky with legendaries, have all the reasons to rightfully despise this system. It completely destroyed the extremly enjoyable competitive element of World of Warcraft.

No longer can you fairly compete in damage or healing meters with your best friends when they were lucky and you weren't. This will massively reduce the quality of the player base in the long run, because good players have more reasons to quit than bad players.

What was Blizzard thinking? Who knows? They didn't tell us, at least not really. Everything we get are wishy-washy statements that have zero consequences.

Any game developer that respects the people who play their game would change such a massively disliked system as fast as possible! Hell, delay the release of the next raid content by 2 weeks and take that time to correct this mistake, I don't care. Just fix this horrible system ASAP. Wake up, Blizzard! Treat this horrible wound before it makes your game bleed to death.

Stop making poor decisions and changes that nobody asked for, but if you do, at least get over your corporate pride and correct these mistakes quickly after.

Oh, wait. Forget everything I just wrote.

Thanks for reading.
    The End.
    Okay well firstly let me jump Into the whole merging European and Russian realms.

As a russian myself, not even living In russia It's Interesting to watch and see people react on russians and their competativeness, cause spoilers: Russians are very competative by nature, they strive to be better, to defeat you In many games wether outside or Ingame, they're very competative. I don't share that hardcore competativeness, I do to a point but not that much. But my point being don't just blame all russians, this Is still a minority In russian community who are like that, despite a lot of russians being raised that way due to the very military-centered culture of russia.

And most important of all, they aren't stronger than you, It's just random talk that russians are stronger, In a pack maybe they are, regularly they're just as bad at the game as you'd be most likely. But the fact Is they are often In packs so yeah... hey, I hate them as well just rolling through the Battlegrounds so I agree with you, I mean i don't have a problem Identifiying which russian to target but then most other do, so that's a good fact. Over all I do agree with your point, just know that that's still a minority of russians who act like that, all bossy and competative.

Back to the first point on Strand of the Ancients (This coming from a hardcore PvPer since Vanilla)

I never hated Strands Initially, I actually liked Isle of Conquest and even Wintergrasp with the vehicle combination. I hated the vehicles in Strand through and got to hate them very quickly, so I agree (Also I'm pretty sure we had a ram ability In Strands, or Is that gone now?) that BG Is borked.

Lastly, Legendary system:

It's horrificly bad, I agree It's like the worst feature of Legion alongside Artifact Power and really just Artifact Weapons. It's also just stolen directly from Diablo 3 and Is just so RNG based, unrewarding and does NOT belong Into WoW. This Is not how legendaries worked on WoW and It should not be this way. Even weapons from the older WoW expansions are much more legendary In the way they're aquired than the legendaries that you get dropped from wolf's guts. Quel'dellar/Quel'serrar Is a fine example of weapons that are just epics, but are so legendary In the way you aquire them, memorable, giving pieces of lore and just amazing to do. I still have the Original Quel'serrar with me on my paladin, yes the original one not the one that drops from Onyxia.

But otherwise, to the whole point of your complaining of Shadowbanning and just banning In general, It's easy: I also tried to post multiple times on the forums, trying to help people judge the game for what It is, just honest to N'zoth words of how the game Is right now. What happens 30 minutes later? I get a suspension, then another, then another... and now I'm perma banned from the forums for trying to give feedback to people and also criticize Blizzard's game.

They DO NOT take criticism well at all anymore, they used to, they also used to listen to the community back then:

"We had this idea to Implement!" - "We don't like It" - "Okay, we'll try something else"

Now It be like:

"We had this idea to Implement!" - We don't like It" - "But It's great, you'll see... It's coming In a few months!" like you said, stubborness and company pride has taken over. They used to be quite pro-community and pro-fan but not anymore. Which Is weird cause only Blizzard can charge you over 40 bucks for an expansion on WoW or Hearthstone and get away with It, why? Cause of their fans, they don't mind cause they're fans. Well heres the reality: Being a fan of a company gets you nothing, healthy skepticism people.

I myself was banned on WoW, not on the forums just the actual game on my main account I've had for 10 years (Back then, 12 years now kinda) and the reason was I was hacked, naturally I'd assume they saw the hacker do not good, then return the account to me plain and simple right? Nope. They give me no reason other then "We suspect you shared the account on purpose, bye" and that's the reason they won't give me back my account... they're GUESSING that I shared my account on purpose and just keep me banned like that. What does my loyalty for 10 years give me? A banned account, greeeeeat.

It's like, I was hacked you dipships, I wrote over 300+ tickets, 200+ emails, 50+ live web chats, 2+ phone calls over the cource of a year and 10 months since April 2015 and still they don't answer me. They've even threatened to ban my other games connected to my battle.net, I.E. Hearthstone, Overwatch etc. for making more tickets.

They do not care anymore for the people, their CS process Is also so heavily automated nobody Is even properly looking at the facts. I was hacked, I should get my account now, makes sense right? Nope, automation says no and no GMs will listen. I even wrote an email to Mike Morhaime himself and some CS personeel responded on his behalf (Yeah sure...) saying their evidence was correct and they can't do anything about It. It's so, bloody, bizzare. By the way the hacker commited harassment on my account and they somehow think I shared my account with this random person on purpose and allowed harassment to happen? Just that Is highly Insulting from them to hear.

In the end, yeah I'm sorry... they'll just shut down any little criticism of their game, not help their fans one bit when they're banned and just make excuses as to why you're banned.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

7+ Year Old Account
    I see plenty of code of conduct violations in your post. And in addition to that, the entire post is non-constructive whining. I'm not surprised they removed it. It doesn't matter if a bunch of sockpuppets upvoted it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Their forum, their rules. Just because a few agree does not make your post acceptable. You have no evidence. Just opinion. Some rather racist infact. You may not have notice it. But that is a common trait among English only speakers. That was a clue.
    Russians aren't a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Russians not being able to speak English well and therefor making communication with them rather problematic is hardly an opinion and certainly not racist.

In this topic I would like to provide strong evidence that Blizzard has never cared or even listened to feedback provided by the community. There are many ways to prove this, but I will provide 3 major, mindblowing examples that are baffling beyond believe.
    Oh boy....

15+ Year Old Account
    Sarcasm ... that's the biggest word.

While all your complaints, at least to me are valid, its the approach. That phrase "you get more bees with honey" holds true.

Do I think you should have been banned? Meh, its on the line, maybe you made some other condescending remarks before. I wouldn't have banned you but Blizzard has that right. Just like MMO-C does. Ive been banned here for things a lot of people get away with. I don't take it personally. It is what it is, maybe I presented it in a sarcastic way and they didn't (I did by the way) so I got what I deserved.

Constructive criticism can only be taken seriously if it is thought out and presented in a tactful way, when sarcasm enters the picture it makes it the "same old bitching" that they hear day in and day out.

Go get some honey and find a bee hive, they will come, and like you...I swear it!

Deleted
    @TheVaryag

I don't have anything to add to your great response, thanks for the read. Some very sad and unrighteous stuff happened to you, sorry to hear that. It makes me angry to hear how laziness and incompetence cause Blizzard to treat one of their loyal customers so poorly.

Only the ones who pre-made, bot and cheat all the time. I have a lot of screenshots of people cheating, and they are ALWAYS russians. Here is an example of a russian teleporting to the beach of the Strand of the Ancients before the match officially began. Stuff like that happens all the time while playing against russians.

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170304/cc8e293b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

No no, I can't post anything anymore. Every time I try to post something, it says that my account is suspended, but it doesn't tell me BEFORE I try to post something, which I find deceptive.

- - - Updated - - -

No reason.
    So you decided to go on a racist rant and you are surprised that you are banned? Or, you decided to go on a racist rant and you do not like the way you were banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I wouldn't have banned you but Blizzard has that right. Just like MMO-C does. Ive been banned here for things a lot of people get away with. I don't take it personally.
    Who knows? Maybe after I received my first ever forum ban, I will receive another one right on the same day! Would be memorable at least.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Go get some honey and find a bee hive, they will come, and like you...I swear it!
    I am highly allergic to honey and bees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So you decided to go on a racist rant and you are surprised that you are banned? Or, you decided to go on a racist rant and you do not like the way you were banned?
    Which race am I ranting against exactly?
    Last edited by mmoc37180e083c; 2017-03-04 at 01:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Racist is a strong word. I wouldn't go that far. I would of said it differently, yes. However I don't see his post as racist. People throw that word around too much.

Judging by your definition of racist I could say all of Europe is racist against Americans...

Don't judge me!

- - - Updated - - -

I am highly allgeric to honey and bees.
    Oh damn, ok...get some sugar and go find an ant hill, they will come, I promise!