Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Fucking. Amazing.

They have nailed the exploration aspect. The puzzles are really fun too.
    The game rewards you for thinking outside the box.

Just finished the 'tutorial'. Got the paraglider. Going to do some more shrines.
    careful not to drop anything on your head with the magnesis rune, ok well do it once for the lulz

Within the first five hours of this game, I have:

Set myself on fire not realizing the brush beneath me would light up the second an arrow was primed and burning.

Gotten decked in the face by a treasure chest that blasted away from an exploding Bokoblin camp, sending me flying off a cliff.

And spent nearly half an hour hunting flint to burn down some in-the-way foliage at a tower, only to find it, get back to the campfire, and realize I had a fire-enchanted broadsword, making the entire half hour irrelevant

God this game is amazing

Love this game so far. Anyone else spend a few minutes trying to get around a wall before remembering you can just climb over it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing for over 12 hours now (going to bed now) and I have to just say... This game is fantastic. Heck, I stayed in the tutorial zone for about 2-3 hours just to check every area, and dig through every secret while having a blast just climbing stuff. Breath of the Wild feels like a mix between Skyrim, Dark Souls, and Wind Waker while having additional survival elements. The world design is phenomenal and it looks freaking gorgeous. Not to mention huge. I have barely touched the main story yet. I really like the combat as well that has a lot of variety thanks to the weapons system (so satisfying picking up an enemy weapon and turn it against them). While the game may not be painstakingly hard, I am pleasantly surprised by the difficulty when you are allowed to go to whatever area you desire. Traversing the terrain feels very rewarding. The best example I have of this was when I reached the top of the tower in the Gerudo zone. Just looking down on the path you took to get up there was inspiring.

The one downside I can mention is that areas with a lot of grass in the open world can put your fps below 24, which can be pretty noticeable. The frame rate is otherwise stable and the 30 fps cap is not as bothersome as I anticipated. I may put down other negatives once I have processed most of the game, but so far, this is easily the top spot of best game I've played this year.

Well, a few hours in, and I'm not fully feeling it. It just feels like a generic open world adventure.

Wish they got rid of this weapon durability junk, less misc shrines, more 'temples', remove cooking.

A lot of the game just feels like every other open world game, right down to shoe horning in 'side quests' tracker cause that's what Zelda needed.

At this point, I am done with AAA open world games; MGS V, FF15, Zelda... these are games that lost a bit of soul by adding all the general open world mumbo jumbo that every game in the genre uses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Love this game so far. Anyone else spend a few minutes trying to get around a wall before remembering you can just climb over it?
    Done that with a couple of cliffs so far. Ran around trying to find a way up, then remembered I could just climb up it.

my zelda story so far in the form of screenshots

got me a nice 7 damage spear, a 14 damage soldier bow. i aint even done the first quest yet.

10/10 bes game

also you CANNOT set the old man on fire, but you can steal his shit and eat his dinner
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    The impatient me really wants to buy the switch and get this game asap, but the rational me says to wait for a price drop/hardware upgrade, but that could also be a long a time from now.
    Tough choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The timeline isn't outright stated,
    The timeline is, in fact, outright stated. Zelda in a particular cutscene mentions past Links, specifically Skyward Sword, OoT and TP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also you CANNOT set the old man on fire, but you can steal his shit and eat his dinner
    But after beating one of the shrines, you can drop metal boxes on him.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    careful not to drop anything on your head with the magnesis rune, ok well do it once for the lulz
    Too late man. Too late.

I can't believe Arin said it was a bad idea that this game came out for the Wii U because it is a system seller for the Switch. I have my "I can't even" face on right now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Well, a few hours in, and I'm not fully feeling it. It just feels like a generic open world adventure.

Wish they got rid of this weapon durability junk, less misc shrines, more 'temples', remove cooking.

A lot of the game just feels like every other open world game, right down to shoe horning in 'side quests' tracker cause that's what Zelda needed.

At this point, I am done with AAA open world games; MGS V, FF15, Zelda... these are games that lost a bit of soul by adding all the general open world mumbo jumbo that every game in the genre uses.
    You can disable the entire map UI in the options menu, if that's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I can't believe Arin said it was a bad idea that this game came out for the Wii U because it is a system seller for the Switch. I have my "I can't even" face on right now...
    He's right, given that there's nothing worth buying the console for right now that isn't a port, and the console costs £400 on its own if you don't want to piss about with the uncomfortable gimmicky controllers.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    He's right, given that there's nothing worth buying the console for right now that isn't a port, and the console costs £400 on its own if you don't want to piss about with the uncomfortable gimmicky controllers.
    Considering how poorly the Wii U sold and that this game is Nintendo's last game for the console, this situation should not really affect that many people. If you did not own a Wii U before and want to go get Breath of the Wild, then there is no good reason to invest in what is pretty much a dead platform.

The idea is that it would be pretty shitty to call something Zelda U and then lord knows how long through development start porting it to the new system and drop it on the system some people exclusively bought because they were told it was going to come out on(initially only, even). I like him but there's a reason he doesn't run a game company.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    The impatient me really wants to buy the switch and get this game asap, but the rational me says to wait for a price drop/hardware upgrade, but that could also be a long a time from now.
    Tough choices.
    The impatient me wants to buy a Wii-U bundle from ebay so I can play this and own some good wii-u games lol.

The rational me says...I'm a bit broke atm.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Hey John so what was that again about the Switch docked version having less fps issues again?

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason for selling it on both systems is twofold really. One it was shown as a WiiU game for almost its entire development, it'd be a major dick move to force loyal customers to buy a new system they didn't think they were going to need, rather provide the option and let them decide when to upgrade. Two it is a system seller, not just for the Switch though, It can help them/retailers sell thru the remaining WiU stock now that its out of production. It won't be a huge help for the WiiU but I bet it helps more than most people would think.

There was still 13 million Wii U owners out there.

The game is still probably going to sell a mil on the Wii U if not higher like TP GC version.

It wasn't even moved to be ported to the Switch until spring of last year.

They would literally be leaving money on the table to not release the Wii U version, seeing as 4 of the 5 years of development time where exclusively on it. Not to mention probably pissing off some of their most hardcore and devout fans as lets be honest... that's the only people who own a Wii U.