Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayzza View Post
    Do you really want/expect 3 raid competitive specs while other classes have their only dps specs barely competing? Mages just amaze in how they think all their specs should be top of the meters on every single fight....
    Yes I want all 3 specs to be at the top of meters no matter what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brogar View Post
    Yes I want all 3 specs to be at the top of meters no matter what.
    then you're either being sarcastic or narrowminded but at the very least you should be competative, doesnt help that the toolkit of most melee are spread out on 3 different specs, so you're almost always at a disadvantage. from what ive seen so far, the closest thing you get to a competative spec with mages atm is frost.

As a fire mage, reading this thread is depressing.

Agreed, I should simply stay away from reading about the status of mages until it doesn't get me down. On the flipside the spec is still fun and the animations are cool! So YAY

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    After 12 years of playing, I find people changing from one spec/class to another over and over in the attempt to reach peach performance - when, you ultimately get better enjoyment and better long term results just by focusing on the one you enjoy the most, and become amazingly proficient at it.

Short of someone playing 80 hours a week (i.e. M progression) you just don't have the time to become super proficient by swapping every month.

So - just get excellent at the class/spec you enjoy rather then being ok and the latest flavour.
    I've been in these discussions a lot over the years and I can tell you one thing: if someone gets it, he gets it, but if he doesn't - he will reroll and min/max until he gets it. You simply can't convince someone that unless he's in a top-10 guild he will get far better results by sticking to 1 spec and getting good at it. Some people just refuse to believe.

All three specs can conjure food so play what you want op
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Kayzza View Post
    Do you really want/expect 3 raid competitive specs while other classes have their only dps specs barely competing? Mages just amaze in how they think all their specs should be top of the meters on every single fight....
    Or maybe that all specs and classes should be competitive, but keep coming to the mage forum just to be a contrarian.

Hopefully the ignore list doesn't have a limit because I don't know if I can fit all the non-mages on the mage forums that come here just to have tantrums.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-03-04 at 07:24 PM.

That's why I'm trying to max all my specs to 54 before 7.2 hits. Already got Fire and Frost at 54 Traits, Arcane's at 46 ( I'm not hardcore at all, I just try to do the WQ that gives AP and never really do any m+ aside from the weekly +15 )

I don't know if having 54 trais on all specs would help me not stay behind should a spec outperform the other two in 7.2 and I have to switch to it/funnel all my AP into it.

Deleted
    If you are wondering about the new golden fire trait "Strafing Run: Phoenix's Flames chains to an additional 2 targets, dealing 75% damage with each jump."...
    Yes, each jumping Phoenix also does the splash damage. Really amazing on PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    All specs should be competitive ... in the whole game, not just for mages.

Also are you implying that melee have it rough right now? In legion?
    What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Competitive at what? Some specs have a better toolkit for spread aoe, some for burst clumped up aoe, some for single target.. do you want everyone to be good at everything? Okay, why don't we just scrap classes altogether and make a generic dps role. I agree it's frustrating when a class is bad at everything, but that happens to at least 1 class every tier. Mages just had theirs - after 13 years of being top tier dps every single raid mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Mages just had theirs - after 13 years of being top tier dps every single raid mind you.
    Mage is not bad this tier, Frost is one of the best ranged atm, when it comes to single target. What most people are complaining about is that Fire with BiS legendaries(that give around 20% additional damage), looses to Frost with utility legendaries. So anyone without best possible legendaries for Fire, does abysmal DPS and is off better rolling Frost, even if they don't have 35 traits on their weapon.

So yeah, it's not that we are bad.. it's that we are so legendary dependant and Blizzard keeps changing our specs, so we have no idea which of the 3 are worth playing come ToS.

Keep in mind everything I say from here on is related to LEGION due to the legendary/AP system
    What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Competitive at what?
    Killing shit

Some specs have a better toolkit for spread aoe, some for burst clumped up aoe, some for single target.. do you want everyone to be good at everything? Okay, why don't we just scrap classes altogether and make a generic dps role.
    Not always, but if you switch talents and stuff, yes I do want that. I shouldn't have to get 54 MORE traits and get 2 more legendaries to stay competitive.

Shadow priests/ret pallys/windwalkers/DH NEVER will have this issue because blizzard isn't going to let single DPS classes be bad, you don't have another spec to switch to, but triple DPS classes get fucked hard because you always have to switch.

So priests/ret pallys/windwalkers/DH have to get 54 traits and 2 legendaries to stay competitive whereas Mages/hunters/rogues/locks have to get 162 traits and 6 legendaries to stay competitive, I think that is absolute bullshit.

I agree it's frustrating when a class is bad at everything, but that happens to at least 1 class every tier.
    It's okay because it happened before? It doesn't make it okay just because it happened before.

Mages just had theirs - after 13 years of being top tier dps every single raid mind you.
    Objectively false, also that's not excuse to dumpster fire mages just because you think they have always been good.

I spent months getting BiS legos and traits and all of a sudden my spec is barely playable. It's not even remotely fun.

PS - Try not to start your posts swearing at me, thanks.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-03-04 at 09:49 PM.

I spent months getting BiS legos and traits and all of a sudden my spec is barely playable. It's not even remotely fun.
    +1
    /10chars
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Keep in mind everything I say from here on is related to LEGION due to the legendary/AP system
    Killing shit

Not always, but if you switch talents and stuff, yes I do want that. I shouldn't have to get 54 MORE traits and get

Shadow priests/ret pallys/windwalkers/DH NEVER will have this issue because blizzard isn't going to let single DPS classes be bad, you don't have another spec to switch to, but triple DPS classes get fucked hard because you always have to switch.

So priests/ret pallys/windwalkers/DH have to get 54 traits and 2 legendaries to stay competitive whereas Mages/hunters/rogues/locks have to get 162 traits and 6 legendaries to stay competitive, I think that is absolute bullshit.

It's okay because it happened before? It doesn't make it okay just because it happened before.

Objectively false, also that's not excuse to dumpster fire mages just because you think they have always been good.

PS - Try not to start your posts swearing at me, thanks.
    well mages only really need 108 traits in 2 weapons but thats still twice as much as the hybrid classes and it doesnt help that a hybrids toolkit is spread across 3 specs for "pure" dps classes so you'll always be ata disadvantage and then it just makes matters worse that nighthold is by far the most melee friendly raid instance ever created so it puts ranged dps at an even greater disadvantage.

and even if it was true that mages had been top tier dps for 13 years, which is 100% untrue as all you need to mention is tbc and mop to mention a few xpacs where mages hadnt been top tier dps, it still wont justify letting fire be this crappy.

Deleted
    Just wait for them to nerf the "good legendaries" as they stated in previous gm posts to make everything more equal.

Can see them nerfing Bracers & Belt for fire and the specc will legit be the worse specc in this entire game.

In a way it's sad that this game has gotten to a point where pvp speccs, hybrids, etc all outshine a fire mage.

I'm not saying we should be the best class, I still do good dmg as Fire in NH Mythic but I have to try to so hard compared to everyone else to climb to the top off the meter (and Usually rng quite abit aswell).

Traits to swap over isn't even a problem for me as I'm 54 in every single specc, but after getting every single utility legendary this game has to offer, I finally got my Bracers & Belt combo and I don't feel like repeating the rngfest of legendaries again for Frost or Arcane.

Still got Dragon's Breath helm to farm for so hopefuly get that soon and then I might make a swap to another specc.
    Last edited by mmoc19a786f1a2; 2017-03-05 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdechamp View Post
    Just wait for them to nerf the "good legendaries" as they stated in previous gm posts to make everything more equal.

Can see them nerfing Bracers & Belt for fire and the specc will legit be the worse specc in this entire game.

In a way it's sad that this game has gotten to a point where pvp speccs, hybrids, etc all outshine a fire mage.

I'm not saying we should be the best class, I still do good dmg as Fire in NH Mythic but I have to try to so hard compared to everyone else to climb to the top off the meter (and Usually rng quite abit aswell).

Traits to swap over isn't even a problem for me as I'm 54 in every single specc, but after getting every single utility legendary this game has to offer, I finally got my Bracers & Belt combo and I don't feel like repeating the rngfest of legendaries again for Frost or Arcane.

Still got Dragon's Breath helm to farm for so hopefuly get that soon and then I might make a swap to another specc.
    well, you have absolutely no need to farm the dragon's breath helm, with the amount of aoe heavy fights where Db helm would be good is negliable, its basically all ST and cleave. i think there is max 2, possible 3 fights where aoe is somewhat important and one of those fights is if aoe becomes important then your raid has fucked up and tbh frost is the only valuable spec mages has atm, it does good ST dps, and when it fails on aoe, its ST makes up for it unlike fire unless you're sitting on bis leggies with 54 traits, then you'll prolly be closer to the middle of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well, you have absolutely no need to farm the dragon's breath helm, with the amount of aoe heavy fights where Db helm would be good is negliable, its basically all ST and cleave. i think there is max 2, possible 3 fights where aoe is somewhat important and one of those fights is if aoe becomes important then your raid has fucked up and tbh frost is the only valuable spec mages has atm, it does good ST dps, and when it fails on aoe, its ST makes up for it unlike fire unless you're sitting on bis leggies with 54 traits, then you'll prolly be closer to the middle of the pack.
    I've found frost to be quite decent on aoe with the blizzard leg belt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trylldom View Post
    I've found frost to be quite decent on aoe with the blizzard leg belt.
    How do you find frost on Mythic 12+ specially on volcanic weeks? I assume you use "Arctic Gale" with that legendary; so no "Frost Bomb". What relics are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

I HATE frost bomb, terribly clunky gameplay..., it should be instant cast to be acceptable, for me frost bomb died with 6.0, god how much i loved that frost bomb on galakras paired with freeze
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-03-06 at 05:26 PM.
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I HATE frost bomb, terribly clunky gameplay..., it should be instant cast to be acceptable, for me frost bomb died with 6.0, god how much i loved that frost bomb on galakras paired with freeze
    The design is also pretty far off being an actual bomb :P bomb is something that explodes after a period of time, this is more like a frost.. pulsar.