Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Patrick Stewart, apparently offended that Trump plans to make prescription drugs cheaper for seniors
    I'll give you 24 hours to name ONE THING Stewart has said about prescription drug prices, that would suggest he is against them being cheaper for ANYONE.

Clock starts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Because we all know how actors are so in touch with the average American, especially foreign ones. Hollywood shouldn't meddle in politics.
    Then why did a bunch of morons elect a reality show host for President?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It would seem you already know.

Because of comments like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, those stated fairy tale positions is why Patrick Stewart is planning to help fight against Trump.

Good lord.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Indeed. Morons are typically incapable of self-reflection. In fact, I'd wager that's one of the key factors to being a moron. Morons often shoot themselves in the foot. Take Trump's morning tweets for example.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Comments that point out the hypocrisy of people who whine about Hollywood being political, when they voted a reality television star into office. If people want to get pissed when I point out their hypocrisy, it's not my problem.

I like Stewart as an actor, I enjoy being ENTERTAINED by him.
    I do not subscribe to his thoughts,ideas, or political stances(most) though and pretty much never have.
    Nor would I seek his personal opinions on any subject other than acting.

When and if He runs for a public office (He can't run for Prez sooo) I would be more inclined to listen to his views on that subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    If someone thinks that Charles Xavier would support Trump, they clearly have no idea what the X-men is actually about.
    It would, if his psyche merged with Magneto, to form... Onslaught!!!!

I heart comics...

Edit: oh and remember, Charles is dead, because he tried to stop an illegal alien from taking Scott's job.
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-03-04 at 04:02 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    I like Stewart as an actor, I enjoy being ENTERTAINED by him.
    I do not subscribe to his thoughts,ideas, or political stances(most) though and pretty much never have.
    Nor would I seek his personal opinions on any subject other than acting.
    I wish all Trump supporters felt the same way about the television star they voted for.

Well, we have elected actors for major Govt positions before, Ronnie for one, Arnold , Frankin, Bono...those are the ones I can think of off the top.
    I do not think we should listen to Hollywood for how our country should be run....an Entertainers 2 cents is the same as ANY other Americans (apply different country if needed) they know about the same as any "alert" citizen however they do NOT have the same "worries"(for the most part) as the people working 9-5 trying to make it work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I am not sure what I find more ironic.
    Electing a celebrity as President.
    Or you posting your thoughts, ideas and political stance in the hope that someone listens.
    Double irony much?

And how did all the name calling work out for y'all?

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Well, we have elected actors for major Govt positions before, Ronnie for one, Arnold , Frankin, Bono...those are the ones I can think of off the top.
    I do not think we should listen to Hollywood for how our country should be run....an Entertainers 2 cents is the same as ANY other Americans (apply different country if needed) they know about the same as any "alert" citizen however they do NOT have the same "worries"(for the most part) as the people working 9-5 trying to make it work.

- - - Updated - - -

Double irony much?
    So, the issue is clearly not that some actor has a political opinion (which is the typical whine). The real problem, is that the actor has a political opinion that someone doesn't like. That makes any complaint by a Trump supporter about actors being political... a hypocritical whine.

- - - Updated - - -

And how did all the name calling work out for y'all?
    Considering that i didn't support Hillary, it worked out just fine. My candidate was never going to win, so name calling was not an issue. I have no problem calling out people's hypocrisy. And any Trump supporter who whines about actors pushing their political beliefs... is a fucking hypocrite.

Considering that i didn't support Hillary, it worked out just fine. My candidate was never going to win, so name calling was not an issue. I have no problem calling out people's hypocrisy. And any Trump supporter who whines about actors pushing their political beliefs... is a fucking hypocrite.
    I could not care less who you voted for. You dislike trump and he won - it did not work out for you and you're a contributing factor to it with your high and mighty attitude. Also Trump is as much an actor as Rick Perry is a professional dancer. It must feel nice labeling people when you see fit. Trump is a business man, labeling him as anything other than that primarily is just what haters like you do.

Trump is a business man, labeling him as anything other than that primarily is just what haters like you do.
    With his multiple cameos in movies and television shows, his involvement in things like Miss USA, as well as hosting his own reality tv show for a few years - Trump has gone out of his way to become an entertainment celebrity in addition to being a business man. Pretending he is not in the 'celebrity sphere' in a way that most business magnates aren't is farcical.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    With his multiple cameos in movies and television shows, his involvement in things like Miss USA, as well as hosting his own reality tv show for a few years - Trump has gone out of his way to become an entertainment celebrity in addition to being a business man. Pretending he is not in the 'celebrity sphere' in a way that most business magnates aren't is farcical.
    and pretending he's just some tv schmuck without ever mentioning his business experience when he's a business man first and whatever hobby second is just a way of misslabeling him to cater to haters agendas

and pretending he's just some tv schmuck without ever mentioning his business experience when he's a business man first and whatever hobby second is just a way of misslabeling him to cater to haters agendas
    I don't disagree, which is why I didn't do that.

How can you more violently misconstrue a persons positions then what the OP did? It's almost awe inspiring. OP should write for the New York Times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    How can you more violently misconstrue a persons positions then what the OP did? It's almost awe inspiring. OP should write for the New York Times.
    *The failing New York Times....comrade.

Dr X gon give it to ya