Poll: would you date/marry an android?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Unless the android was totally and completely indistinguishable from a human- no.

Because the only one with the real video footage has A/V sync problems... BUT STILL FITS!

DON'T DATE ROBOTS!

Date? Maybe. Marry? I won't marry a real person, so surely wouldn't marry a fake one...

If androids are good enough for Captain Kirk, they're good enough for me, but they'd have be truly self aware like Westworld or Humans, hopefully without the murderous streaks though

Gee...has it been two weeks since the last "I want to marry a robot because I'm so insecure about real women/men" thread?

While we're pushing for fantasy over reality, why not ask about furries too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Gee...has it been two weeks since the last "I want to marry a robot because I'm so insecure about real women/men" thread?

While we're pushing for fantasy over reality, why not ask about furries too?
    The matrix is close :P

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Personally I believe life like robots will come far sooner that humans becoming "cyborgs".

Its one thing to build a machine, its another to integrate it with the human body.

We've already got people building life-like stationary robots, but the farthest we've come in "cybernetics" are amputees testing out large bulky non human like apparatuses.

Ever heard of Boston Dynamics? Guess not

Deleted
    This... Is.. A pretty creepy question.
    Short answer would be "No".
    If I cared I would be comment with moral and ethic reasons, but I doubt anyone would care reading those.
    But.. Just to comment with one: If you create AI with free will etc, it would still be created by humans understanding of it, and thereby it could never be free will.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it has both genitalia, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Ever heard of Boston Dynamics? Guess not
    And? This disproves my theory how?

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    This... Is.. A pretty creepy question.
    Short answer would be "No".
    If I cared I would be comment with moral and ethic reasons, but I doubt anyone would care reading those.
    But.. Just to comment with one: If you create AI with free will etc, it would still be created by humans understanding of it, and thereby it could never be free will.
    ...What are you trying to say there? That humans aren't capable of free will? While on the absolute quantum level, that might be true, it's certainly incorrect in any relativistic sense in regards to other intelligences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking androids on par with 18 from Dragonball? If they are, i see no reason against it.

"when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Are we talking androids on par with 18 from Dragonball? If they are, i see no reason against it.
    Technically, 18 isn't an android. She's a cyborg. 17 and 18 both started out as humans. And the cybernetic enhancements made to them were organic, so they don't even look like machines inside. 16 was a full on android though.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    And? This disproves my theory how?
    You had no theory... It was just you speculating with basically zero knowledge.

"We've already got people building life-like stationary robots, but the farthest we've come in "cybernetics" are amputees testing out large bulky non human like apparatuses. "

When you look at Boston Dynamic's robots you can clearly see that we have advanced waaaay past this. Keep in mind that they are funded by DARPA and is unlikely to actually show their most advanced stuff since it would be classified.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah.
    Never had a toy? Surely it can be fun, but can never replace the real thing. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    You had no theory... It was just you speculating with basically zero knowledge.

"We've already got people building life-like stationary robots, but the farthest we've come in "cybernetics" are amputees testing out large bulky non human like apparatuses. "

When you look at Boston Dynamic's robots you can clearly see that we have advanced waaaay past this. Keep in mind that they are funded by DARPA and is unlikely to actually show their most advanced stuff since it would be classified.
    Ok show me then. Or maybe you and I approach the term cybernetics wrong. When I think of cybernetics I think of human/robot blends.

Only videos I've seen from BD are straight robots (non-life like ones at that).

If we are talking Westworld levels of advanced, sure.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

It's questionable if an IA even has the desire to "date". What would be the purpose for it to do that? Let alone have sex.

No, unless she come's with an optional software to add a custom voice, then yes, i would marry her and name her Yrel