Poll: What raid difficulty would you remove.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Mythic
    Maybe even Heroic and unlock harder encounters in normal (WotlK style)

Quote Originally Posted by Natylyaz View Post
    And fuck all the people who want to see all the raids of an expansion with their casual guilds.
    A. We have a different definition of casual. If yours is "guy/gal who plays 7 hrs/week and unsubs every 2 months" then yea you have a problem.
    B. When I go skiing or free climbing with Uncle Bob who's 60 and overweight we always go straight to black / class V because casuals are entitled to see the best routes.

Since Mythic is the original difficulty, start at the bottom and work your way up.

- Although Classic and TBC had, 40, 20, 25 and 10man raids, they were all tuned closer to current day Mythic, than anything else.
    - Then in WotLK we got Normal and HC. HC being the same difficulty as previous raids, and Normal as an easier mode. These are the same Normal and HCs that got renamed to HC and Mythic at the end of MoP.
    - With the release of Dragon Soul, we also got a new difficulty: LFR. LFR hasn't changed at all since it was added, and is still the same tourist mode it has always been.
    - Fast forward to the release of SoO at the end of MoP, the 4th and last difficulty was added: Flex.

With the release of the WoD prepatch, the 4 raid difficulties from MoP, were renamed to what we have today.

10/25 HC -> 20 Mythic
    10/25Normal -> HC (with Flex tech)
    Flex -> Normal (with Flex tech)
    LFR -> LFR

So as you can see, Mythic has always been in the game. While I personally dislike LFR, especially "having" to run it for Legendaries in Legion, I understand that it serves its purpose, and removing it would be stupid. Removing Mythic is also not an option, for obvious reasons. That leaves Normal and HC, two difficulties that have been blending into eachother for quite some time. Two difficulties with mostly identical mechanics, and a slight tuning difference. The best thing would imo be to remove one of them, and leave the remaining as a sort of middleground: Harder than Normal, but slightly easier than current HC.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Normal, and boost the rewards of LFR or nerf the rewards of Heroic/Mythic.

Deleted
    Normal. Or blend LFR and normal together. I think we have too many difficulties now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbiePaladin View Post
    LFR and Mythic, why they are introduced is a mystery. (actually it's not, and the reasons are shit)
    just because you don't like them does not mean the reasons are shit. Actually every progress raider agrees that a fixed raid size is necessary for balancing interesting mechanics etc. that's why you need mythic. LFR is for the hardcore casuals...I don't even get why other people are annoyed by its existence. you could probably get rid of normal/hc but that doesn't make much sense either...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    LFR for alts and casuals is ok imo, having 1 difficulty for raiders who invest time in this game is ok, and then one more for casual players. So basicaly I would remove one - be it normal or heroic, since having 2 of those makes no sense.
    Normal and heroic are flex in size. You can invite players from finder, trade, LFG channels, friends, family etc. SO they are basicaly same and one of them is redundant.
    And mythic for actual raiding. Fixed size, pretty hard (some bosses at least), requires tactics, raid leading, voice comms...
    Exactly this. One is fixed size with automatic matchmaking, one is fixed size with hardest difficulty and no automatic matchmaking, and then we have 2 flex difficulties. Does not make sense at all.

Deleted
    Mythic, but while making Heroic harder.

LFR - Tutorial/Tourist Mode
    Normal - Flexible Mode (up to 40)
    Heroic - Current Mythic / (Locked at 20)

So basically current heroic I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    All but one.
    Personally, I think that each boss across all raid difficulties should share the same loot lockout. Then, people would try to kill each boss on the highest difficulty they can each week instead of farming multiple difficulties each week. Then, it wouldn't matter so much how many difficulty levels there were.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Simple title, simple thread.

What raid difficulty would you remove, Me personally I wouldn't remove any.

(Feel free to post your reason why)
    Mythic to be honest. It isn't weighted so only the best can complete it. It is artificially gated behind roster requirements that many cannot or do not want to meet.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Sure buddy whatever helps your through your day we need to be kind to our disabled posters don't worry nobody is actually going to take away your precious afk lfr.
    Let me know when 25 can AFK in LFR and finish it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    A. We have a different definition of casual. If yours is "guy/gal who plays 7 hrs/week and unsubs every 2 months" then yea you have a problem.
    B. When I go skiing or free climbing with Uncle Bob who's 60 and overweight we always go straight to black / class V because casuals are entitled to see the best routes.
    A. Lich King was where I raided the most with 7h/wk/2months guild, and it was so much better than TBC where we only raided in Kara/ZA, so yeah I have a problem with your logic, and the current difficulty settings brings content to everyone. Removing content from players is stupid and bad for the game (half my guild stopped BC because we had 2 freaking raids available).

B. Entitlement? Is WoW an employment contract I was not aware of? It's a game! It's a RPG with a story, so yeah, I want to see all the raids. Doesn't mean I will get the same loot as people in Mythics. Current situation provides raids for every type of players and guilds.
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

I'd prefer the way it was before flex.

There really isn't much point to having a Normal and Heroic mode anymore, since both modes are too similar. I would remove Heroic then add a couple of secondary objectives to Normal, so that flex raid groups can continue to challenge themselves after they get the hang of all the bosses.

Remove LFR

Normal - Flex 10-30 (can only receive gems and tertiary stats)
    Heroic - Flex 10-30 (can only receive gems and tertiary stats)
    Mythic - Flat 20 (Drops same ilvl as heroic, and it can also warforge ilvl)

Separate lockouts, bring down mythic difficulty slightly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Personally, I think that each boss across all raid difficulties should share the same loot lockout. Then, people would try to kill each boss on the highest difficulty they can each week instead of farming multiple difficulties each week. Then, it wouldn't matter so much how many difficulty levels there were.
    This problem exists only for a small fraction of people. I think, that the fragmentation of the potential raiding community is a bigger problem. The other one is gearscore.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

Another thing that should NEVER be done.
    #1 wow is an MULTIPLAYER game - if you wanna solo try diablo....
    #2 theres no need for puggin tools - if you wanna raid proper join a guild and dont gimme that shit you can handle other people cause in normal life you have to deal with people on a daily base be it work/school/etc....
    I don't want to solo, in fact I hate pugging, but really, if blizz has group finders already, at least improve them.

There will always be times you want a 5 man mythic or whatever and can't find a 5th member even if its a guild group, improving a group finder doesn't have to mean Cross realm.

But at the same time, as I also said in my posts, improve the guild tools/recruitment tools first and foremost.

In fact I want a huge server-squish with a removal of CRZ, and not promote pugging further, I want better guild tools and server-community to matter 1000x more then pugs.

Tbh all raids should go back to server-only, then blizz might finally do something about the server problem at hand.

But server-only LFR just wont work unless they reduce the number of servers, or queue times will go berzerk.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-05 at 11:13 PM.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    LFR and Mythic. Make Normal a tad bit easier and Heroic a tad bit harder.
    So... the same model they already tried and moved away from?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Mythic to be honest. It isn't weighted so only the best can complete it. It is artificially gated behind roster requirements that many cannot or do not want to meet.
    "artificially gated" how?
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Deleted
    Remove all of them.

In theory it would make tuning easier or the same as now since that is why they introduced Mythic and did away with 10/25m.

Make Hardmode(s) the new difficulty i.e. Any guilds can enter the Raid however completing the encounter in a certain way or by hitting a button you introduce more (insert mechanics here) that reward an additional chest or just overall higher ilvl gear. There could be multiple difficulties per boss.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Remove all of them.

In theory it would make tuning easier or the same as now since that is why they introduced Mythic and did away with 10/25m.

Make Hardmode(s) the new difficulty i.e. Any guilds can enter the Raid however completing the encounter in a certain way or by hitting a button you introduce more (insert mechanics here) that reward an additional chest or just overall higher ilvl gear. There could be multiple difficulties per boss.
    Sadly they did away with that after Ulduar & Sartharion(0-3 drakes) and introduced official "heroic" modes.

Then at some point Cata pre-patch I think they decided that 4 seperate lockouts was too many, now we're back at 3 official seperate loot lockouts in raiding.

I'd love to go back to "simple" raiding, 1 size, optional hardmode could work, and really no more cross-realm raiding after greatly reducing the number of servers. But It will never happen after 4 expansions of LFR, 3 expansions of 10/25 man and 2 expansions of "flex" size.

Mythic Raiding is the last bastion of "classic" raiding, 1 set size, so should never be removed before the others.

I really dunno what blizz wants anymore.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-05 at 11:37 PM.