Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I love the legendary system. No longer this stupid monster grinding shit. I had to do lfr every damn stupid week for years to get the legendary stuff for the stupid questline. Keep it as it is. "LET ME CHOOSE MY BIS LEGENDARY!!!!!" no. just no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I've gotten 5 legendaries to date, 6th is likely on the horizon soon. The first one was BiS while the second the worst, my 5th one happened to be another great one. Know why I have so many? Because I farm up to Mythic 15+ each week, do NH Norm and Heroic clears and Emerald Nightmare. That right there, is why I will have more legendaries than regular Joe who's crying about not even having two or having crap legendaries. Guess what? The amount of effort you put in determines how often you get these legendaries. Don't like it? Stiff.
    I have also 5. But I never farm. I just do my emissary daily. And then i do whatever feels fun. Cba to take videogames seriously and "invest effort" into it. Most people in my guild are the same way. Most of them have 4-5. No need to try hard buddy, relax. I've never even done +15 lol.

I like the system. It's fine.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-03-04 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Can't Blizzard make this system better, and how?
    by leting people target their 2 bis legendaries ?

lets be honest mythic crybabies wont be happy with any system but the one leting them get BiS pieces first

so blizzard should just do this so people get their BiS be happy and stop complaining.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    by leting people target their 2 bis legendaries ?

lets be honest mythic crybabies wont be happy with any system but the one leting them get BiS pieces first

so blizzard should just do this so people get their BiS be happy and stop complaining.
    Because it's only mythic raiders who ever complain about anything. Nobody else can notice the difference between "makes your best ability stronger" and "lets you heal yourself for a bit if you stand still".

Of course their change is fail: they are so unware, inept and tone-deaf about how the basic premise behind a lot of their RNG grindshit design that they can't do any better. Until they realize some of their core ideas are bad any attempt to "fix" said idea will always miss the mark by a mile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Depending on the spec in certain environments it most certainly can. The difference ST between a Fire mage with good legendaries and utility ones is a pretty good chunk of change. Generally if you aren't mythic raiding it's not going to be a huge deal, but in that particular scenario you very well could lose a spot to those that do have them.
    Think what you want, but unless you're a cutting edge raiding guild it factually DOESN'T matter. If you're in a guild that still seems to think so, that's on you/them.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, just make them all utility to shut the whiners up. Couldn't make them all dps though, cause then one would be 0.1% better than the others and people would cry about how their life is so terrible because they can't get the BiS legendary and now they lost their raid slot and no one wants them for Mythic + and they can't pug now because they got dropped from their main group and we all know PUG's require Cutting Edge achievements and then their wife left them and the dog died.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Because it's only mythic raiders who ever complain about anything. Nobody else can notice the difference between "makes your best ability stronger" and "lets you heal yourself for a bit if you stand still".
    And the latter is still "Obliterates anything purple I will be wearing for the next 6 months."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    And the latter is still "Obliterates anything purple I will be wearing for the next 6 months."
    In 6 months, purples will have higher item levels and even know it's only 15 higher than the theoretical best you can get. Also, some gear slots have far less raw stats, making these even less impressive. And let's not forget that BIS legendaries *also* have 940 ilvl with the relevant stats.

So this answer basically amounts "yeah, it's a turd, but a well polished one!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Its cute that people think legendaries make or break their character.
    It's cute there are people who think players don't want the best stuff when they are playing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They never said it was a change from the date of the Blue Post, actually their wording is that is how its always been. So before you attempt to say people are misinformed, look at your own lack of reading ability.
    My reading comprehension is fine. Note the "or" in my first post.

Their wording was not that it's always been that way (3rd = 7th). Their wording was this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ornyx
    Right now, in Patch 7.1.5, your first Legendary has the highest drop chance, the second still has a significant bonus, and then you’ll have the same chances to earn your third Legendary as you will your fourth, fifth, sixth, and so on.
    SOURCE

When = As of patch 7.1.5
    "Still.." = refers to bonus to second; as for 3+ being equal before then, that is possible but unclear.

They definitely have not always been equal though, and Blizzard has been transparent about this. From that same blue post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ornyx
    When Legion launched, every time you earned a Legendary, your starting chance to earn your next one would be lower (and thus, the average time it took you to loot it would be longer).
    Another factor was the legendary softcap at 4 from release until mid to late November, whereby (up until it was removed around TOV time) after you got 4 legendaries, you would stop accruing any bad luck protection toward getting your 5th, etc. That means any number of thousands of M+ dungeons done before almost December did not factor into getting a 5th: people were just playing the lottery against a really bad drop chance (lower than 4th) with no guarantee of ever getting one.

SOURCE:

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    By mid-November, we started to hear questions about whether there was some sort of 4-legendary limit, and we realized that there existed a group of players that had done so much content that they actually had an expected legendary count of around 4. They hadn't needed to be unusually lucky to get there. (Note that this is a very small group. They're overrepresented in these discussions, because this issue concerns them, but we're talking about hundreds of people out of millions.)

So we removed that soft cap just over a week ago. "Bad luck protection" now applies indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Think what you want, but unless you're a cutting edge raiding guild it factually DOESN'T matter. If you're in a guild that still seems to think so, that's on you/them.
    You are wrong.
    Unless of course you consider a guild farming hc NH and the scorpion as "cutting edge".
    We are talking about DPS checks tuned around 54traits.
    A legendary giving you 5% more damage DOES make a difference in ALL serious content. Heroic, fyi, is not classified as such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The right solution has always been to get rid of legendaries. Make them world drops that are equal to mythic warforged or something. They keep acting as if the system is salvageable and it's not. It's like how they revamped garrison into shipyard. Shit idea is still shit.
    They cannot scrap an entire system that many enjoy despite its drawbacks. I understand that.
    They should simply undertune DPS legendaries and revamp usele.. emmm.. utility and underperforming ones.
    That would solve everything.

A slight twist on a classic Mean Girls quote really sums up my thoughts on what blizzard should do with legendaries in general.

"Stop trying to make legendaries happen, they're not going to happen." They've been implemented in some garbage way since vanilla. Take the orange out and never put them back in. Bam easy.

All I know is that the rng system in this game has hated me from the beginning.

I can't even tell you how much I hate Ekowraith after I got it on two different Boomys.

I've gotten 5 legendaries to date, 6th is likely on the horizon soon. The first one was BiS while the second the worst, my 5th one happened to be another great one. Know why I have so many? Because I farm up to Mythic 15+ each week, do NH Norm and Heroic clears and Emerald Nightmare. That right there, is why I will have more legendaries than regular Joe who's crying about not even having two or having crap legendaries. Guess what? The amount of effort you put in determines how often you get these legendaries. Don't like it? Stiff.

Also, if you don't like that you've gotten shit legendaries, farm challenging content and the legendaries will drop like candy and you won't have to put up with the shitty legendaries for much longer.
    I farm with virtually every minute of free time I have and have gotten 5 shit legendaries. My fellow hpal raider received his 2 bis immediately. He now just logs in to raid while I bust my ass constantly farming with little to no reward. I would kill for his legendaries. He could never previously get near me on numbers. Now I stuggle to keep up with him. Why should some people have to grind inordinate amounts of time more than others because of RNG? Why should a /roll at the end of a giant grind determine if you get some of the best items in the game? How is this appropriately rewarding time and effort spent?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    43 weeks to get my T2 head from Onyxia and complete my 8 set which provided dps bonus. The game was always like that its just that the problem is now exaggerated because the items are supposedly legendary.
    Klling onyxia 43 times is nothing compared to the grind I've put in to try and get decent legendaries only to be get shit. She was a joke. Took about 5 min to kill if your guild wasn't brain dead.

- - - Updated - - -

When you're doing 600-800k hps, 10-20% increases are huge. 3 healers with good leggy's can do what 4 healers with shit ones can't. Add a dps. Fights get easier. Progress faster. It makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Feelsbad when you have Sephuz's, Aggramar's Stride and Prydaz
    Amen brother. Just add in uther's and tyr's crap hands of shit for me.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. I've seen bad dps in my guild cry about having shit dps because they didn't have their BiS Leg, then finally get it and still have shit DPS.
    I've also seen plenty of people outdps people of the same spec with legendaries, without them.

People mostly use this new system as a scapegoat for their badness.

Also, if you don't like that you've gotten shit legendaries, farm challenging content and the legendaries will drop like candy and you won't have to put up with the shitty legendaries for much longer.

Doing mythic Nighthold, been doing mythic+ since the first day it was available, highest is +22.

Have 4 legendaries, 3 garbage, one ok.

Pretty sure effort isn't the reason i haven't got good legendaries or more then 4.

It doesn't break it but it sure as shit makes it feel worse when you don't have them.

Try playing a demo lock with shoulders and without and get back to me.

It isn't just better DPS, it makes the spec FEEL better.
    Last edited by Deifi; 2017-03-06 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deifi View Post
    Doing mythic Nighthold, been doing mythic+ since the first day it was available, highest is +22.

Have 4 legendaries, 3 garbage, one ok.

Pretty sure effort isn't the reason i haven't got good legendaries or more then 4.

It doesn't break it but it sure as shit makes it feel worse when you don't have them.

Try playing a demo lock with shoulders and without and get back to me.

It isn't just better DPS, it makes the spec FEEL better.
    I think you should'nt play a game that makes you feel bad for playing man. Do what i did, unsubscribe play out the remaining time. If things don't change by the time is up than put your money to better use. Until then your just gonna stay at the bottom of their pyramid. Do yourself a favor for once. (For your sake I hope its less than a month.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The "all legendaries should be utility legendaries" crowd is ignoring that utilities will be just as hopelessly unbalanced as the dps ones were. Some of the utility legendaries will be simply amazing for certain types of content - witness the blood dk cloak which allows them to remove the necrotic debuff.

Utility legendaries aren't the answer. Getting rid of the system is the answer.
    But that is the whole point.
    SITUATIONALLY good legendaries that offer non-dps benefits cannot be overpowered.
    There cannot be a list from best to worst or OP items when you change them in weekly if not hourly basis.
    A blood DK with the cloak will have a huge advantage one week per..1-2 months? And only when running m+? That is totally acceptable. Feeling powerful when a legendary plays within its niche is totally acceptable.
    What is killing this system is legendaries that are so benefitial to a specs role they are beating others IN their niche.
    So it's only natural that dropping the niche one would make you feel terrible.
    And it's even more natural that when you drop the good one you never take it off. Even when another would make things simpler for a specific enounter at small cost. Terrible, terrible design.
    How such obvious design faults make it to live I will never understand.