Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Sorry to hear you guys are having such issues with your Switches. Mine works perfectly, and I'm having a blast with Zelda
    Are you going to claim there's no FPS drops or desync issues?

I'm having a blast with Zelda too, but there's definitely the issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    if I don't notice any do I need to get my eyes checked or did I just get lucky?
    Yes you will need your eyes checked because this is a problem...EVERYONE is having.

Its not a isolated issue.

but try to realize your experiences aren't universal.
    This experience is universal......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

If you say so. I will hook it up to my TV and play for an hour, if I don't notice any do I need to get my eyes checked or did I just get lucky? I get that imagining anything other than your experience is hard, but try to realize your experiences aren't universal.
    Looks like the exact opposite. He's claiming HE hasn't had any serious issues. Just like me. That doesn't mean those issues don't exist...
    This is a hardware issue. There's no way you or him have a "more powerful Switch" that is capable of playing on the TV without FPS drops. There is no "luck" factor.

And the FPS drop and desync isn't a serious issue, at least not in terms of making the game "unplayable". I just think it's a little silly to come in claiming there are no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And the FPS drop and desync isn't a serious issue, at least not in terms of making the game "unplayable".
    To be fair I can understand how the fps drops could make the game unplayable for some (In Docked Mode). But not overall unplayable since you can play in mobile just fine.

I handled Blight Town in Dark Souls and the Multiplayer FPS issue in Bloodborne. So I know I can handle this when I finally get a Switch

But not everyone is me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To be fair I can understand how the fps drops could make the game unplayable for some (In Docked Mode). But not overall unplayable since you can play in mobile just fine.

I handled Blight Town in Dark Souls and the Multiplayer FPS issue in Bloodborne. So I know I can handle this when I finally get a Switch

But not everyone is me.
    Blight Town was literally anus. Holy jesus that was borderline unplayable to me, mostly because the setup on top of the FPS issues (Stupid bridges with the poison effects, and it was dark? Wat, why did they do this).

But I consider the game still fine even with the FPS drops, since like you said, mobile works fine, and even then, while docked, it's still playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Blight Town was literally anus. Holy jesus that was borderline unplayable to me, mostly because the setup on top of the FPS issues (Stupid bridges with the poison effects, and it was dark? Wat, why did they do this).

But I consider the game still fine even with the FPS drops, since like you said, mobile works fine, and even then, while docked, it's still playable.
    Lucky for me by the time I got to Blight Town, I knew how to get in and out

10+ Year Old Account
    If you say so. I will hook it up to my TV and play for an hour, if I don't notice any do I need to get my eyes checked or did I just get lucky? I get that imagining anything other than your experience is hard, but try to realize your experiences aren't universal.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the exact opposite. He's claiming HE hasn't had any serious issues. Just like me. That doesn't mean those issues don't exist...
    He actually said noticeable, not serious. Noticeable. If you can't notice the frame drops when you play docked I would either a) get an eye test b) keep hold of that impressive switch because its a beast compared to the rest. For a long time I played wow on a laptop with noticeable frame drops but not serious, noticeable.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't just randomly happening to people, it's a hardware issue with the Switch not being powerful enough to run 900p while docked and experiencing FPS drops down to 20 FPS or lower. Honestly it's annoying as shit sometimes and on a boss fight it makes it even worse.

I understand. It's also entirely possible for someone to not enter areas where frame drops happen. Or are you saying that there is no area of the game where they don't occur?
    The issue is the fps drop can happen anywhere and does happen at the start when you first exit the cave.

Watch the DF video.

There is some area's it common and some moments its just random. You can go to a area and its fine then come back to it and it drops and vise versa.

Watch the last half of the video.

If that's the case then the game must be completely unplayable for morons still trying to play on their TVs....
    Why would people be morons for trying to use a feature with there system? For some the fps drop isn't a issue for others it is. As in some can deal with the dip and some can't.

The frame rate drops haven't really bothered me at all. It's annoying but you get used to it and when it does happen it's usually only for a few seconds.

I play on a 4 year old laptop with a gtx740M as standard.
    It doesnt exactly run a lot of newer games well, so the botw drops in docked doesnt really bother me.

10+ Year Old Account
    So after playing on my Switch since yesterday, I can say that I like the console. Setting it up was very smooth and the UI was straight forward, clean, and responsive. Loading times for launching the console as well as Breath of the Wild are fast and I have little complaints here. One thing I have to mention is that the EShop does not have user reviews, which I think they should be adding all things considered. As for the hybrid nature of the machine, the transition between docked and undocked mode has been pretty much seamless for me, and it is honestly the Switch's strongest point.

Have tried handheld mode, joycons+wristbands, and docked mode+pro controller. Pro controller felt the best (pretty impressed by the quality of this product), handheld mode felt pretty much like playing on any other Nintendo handheld, and the joycon wristbands were passable. Managed to play Breath of the Wild without any major issue with each mode, so you don't necessarily need the pro controller to enjoy the game, even if I found it to be the best option. Have no intents to use the joycon controller addon. Might try it once just to check it out, but I do not think this addon was well designed from the first time I saw it. Just as well to use the joycons separately.

Another thing about the joycons I noticed is that one of them got easily stuck by one of the wristband addons. I accidentally put them on the wrong way at first and while I eventually managed to detach them, they were more resilient than desired. Luckily nothing got damaged. I also have to check if I am able to play on the pro controller while in undocked mode, since I am uncertain if that works.

If Nintendo plays its cards right and ensures that more games come to the console (I am hoping for ports of their older console games like the other Zelda games so I can relive those memories again), then I will be more than likely playing more on the Switch once I am done with Breath of the Wild. While the console is not perfect, I think this is a pretty solid start, and I hope it will improve as it matures.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2017-03-04 at 11:31 PM.

Ahhh, so you admit that some people aren't having nearly as many issues with FPS drops. That would mean that it's entirely possible the guy you were attacking wasn't seeing the FPS drops. Especially if he wasn't paying attention when he left the cave(something I wasn't doing since I was eating at the time)...
    Ummm No I didn't admit to that. The only way you or anyone is not having nearly as many issues with fps drops (performance not personal) is if you are playing in portable mode.

If someone isn't seeing the fps drops in docked mode they need there eyes checked. This is a hardware issue and person X isn't going to have less issues then person Y when both are playing in docked mode.

It is a universal performance problem. Just because someone looked away for 2sec (and I highly doubt this is true) doesn't mean the problem isn't there.

You are arguing vs a fact.

Fact: The game has huge performance issues when docked.
    Fact: It plays just fine when in portable.
    Fact: Even with the performance issues in docked some can play it just fine. Doesn't mean the issues isn't there, It just means person A cares less then person B.

Now I have heard comments about if you set the system to 720p it fix's the issue. So I'm waiting for a benchmark video to come out on that.

So yes if you are playing docked and don't see fps drops, you are in fact blind and need to seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Handheld doesn't have frame drops...EVERYBODY has said it has frame drops excluding this guy, so if that is his experience he needs to see an optician
    i never said there isnt frame drops, you can see framedrops in peoples videos, i said for the 2 (not in one go) hours or so ive played docked i didnt notice any, ive played 10 or so hours undocked

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh, so you admit that some people aren't having nearly as many issues with FPS drops. That would mean that it's entirely possible the guy you were attacking wasn't seeing the FPS drops. Especially if he wasn't paying attention when he left the cave(something I wasn't doing since I was eating at the time)...
    i wasnt even at the cave when i played it docked. i was at some farm somewhere with birds that looked like a peacock fucked a cuckoo
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i never said there isnt frame drops, you can see framedrops in peoples videos, i said for the 2 (not in one go) hours or so ive played docked i didnt notice any, ive played 10 or so hours undocked
    Did you play the first 5min's docked? Because everyone experiences frame rate drops when they come out of the cave when they do.

If you didn't you ether looked away or are blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Did you play the first 5min's docked? Because everyone experiences frame rate drops when they come out of the cave when they do.

If you didn't you ether looked away or are blind.
    i just said i didnt and also said in my original post i hadnt played much docked, i played for hours before i ever even unwrapped the dock because i was at work when i got my switch
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Switch docked version chugs any time there is lighting effects hitting blades of grass, it's not just the opening area it's the entire game depending on ToD and weather.

Interestingly enough the Wii U version seems to handle that fine, but chugs when either there is a lot of enemies or NPCs on screen which the Switch docked version handles better.

In my experience it's just as DF prelim findings, both versions have a near equal amount of frame drops but at completely different times.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-03-05 at 01:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

i wasnt even at the cave when i played it docked. i was at some farm somewhere with birds that looked like a peacock fucked a cuckoo
    If you couldn't see any frame drops while docked, then I know you aren't playing the game.

i just said i didnt and also said in my original post i hadnt played much docked, i played for hours before i ever even unwrapped the dock because i was at work when i got my switch
    If you noticed I reply'ed to you before you did your update.....

So did you not play much or played 2 hours?

Because there is no way in hell you played 2 hours and didn't see fps drops unless you looked away each time.

And I quote
    Granted I've only played for 2 hours docked rest undocked
    It is 100% impossible to play BOTW docked for 2 hours and not have fps drops. Unless you spent those two hours looking at a wall in ether RL or Ingame.

You can't watch or play BoTW docked for 1 min without noticing a frame drop let alone 2 hours.

Then again this doesn't surprise me. Remember we had people in early Jan claiming the Switch demo was 60 fps when it couldn't even hold 30. The general public has no fucking clue what framerate is at any given time.