Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    14 years and well over 500 orders I've had two things never arrive and like 15 or so arrive late. Both no arrives I was given a full refund and most of the lates I was given partial refund/credit.

Shit happens but if something is 36+ hours late they'll almost certainly give you credit if you ask for it. I don't think most people take advantage of that but myself and everyone else I've talked to usually has no problems getting it when they ask after that 36 hour time frame.

I do admit shit has been arriving steadily later in the day since they've started using USPS for most stuff around here, but it gets here. When it was mostly UPS the occasional 7-10pm delivery would happen when it was usually between 11-2 but with USPS it's not uncommon for stuff to come around 5-7. Not particularly Amazon's fault though.
    Last edited by Erbel; 2017-03-04 at 09:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyoti View Post
    If that is the case, it's shown as "fulfilled by amazon" i.e they're holding stock for a 3rd party and are just the shippers. "sold by" is their own stock.

Check the link yourself. There are 11 pages of sellers for that item.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    3rd party sells through Amazon, Amazon takes a cut of sale, shipped and sold by Amazon.
    They're responsible for the sale, doesn't mean they have 200000 AMD cpu's in their own stock.
    Ignore this

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    "not to be rude....but i'm gonna be rude."
    "Not to be rude..." in that context implies what follows is sarcasm. And if that wasn't sufficient, the comment was followed by a . Seriously, you kids need to MYOFB.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    OK but you are ignoring the fact you are not buying from those sellers.

When it says "Buy" and has "Ship and Sold Via Amazon" that means they have the product in there warehouse and they will ship/sell it to you. You are NOT buying from a 3rd party source at this point.

If you was buying from a 3rd party source it would say one of two things.

A) Sold XXX & Fullfilled by amazon.

or

B) Sold from XXX.

If it says Ships/Sold via amazon its a product THEY HAVE IN THERE WAREHOUSE THEY ARE SELLING TO YOU. You can a lot of times do ether of these options.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012M8M7TY/?tag=pcpapi-20

See how it says add to cart on the side? That is if you want to buy it from amazon via ship/sold. Right under that u can click the other sellers and buy there if u see it cheaper or whatever reason.

Didn't think I had to explain this to people but whatever.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-04 at 09:59 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    There are and the one linked shows as Amazon being the seller. If you're mug enough to go through that list and use the marketplace to save a couple of pounds(or dollars) then more fool you really.

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    You can live your life however the hell you deem fit. Why do you feel the urge to push your own agenda on anyone else?
    His evil save-you-money agenda?

There's a certain segment of consumers that want the newest thing without thinking about why they MUST have it ASAP, if you have the money to waste on buying the newest gadget then whatever. But a lot of people are irresponsible with money.

Also you're on a forum where people are free to express their opinion and ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If the item says it's being sold and shipped by Amazon, it means it's coming directly from them, from their warehouse. No other sellers are involved.
    I think this devolved from the original point with several people putting ideas in the hat, the person talked about receiving a DOA cpu then got a clearly used cpu as a replacement. then someone pointed out that at least one of those issues is likely a manufacturer problem, and amazon has no way of knowing that. (in this case Amazon is acting as a retailer since shipped and sold by Amazon) Getting a used cpu is really odd and its a toss up for me as to if that could be a manufacturer issue or a retailer issue, leaning towards a mix up at amazon with a returned item of some sort. But yes, there are some things Amazon would be the cause of but a DOA item is most likely a manufacturer issue and NOT amazon's fault.

The problem is probably third party sellers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a bit disappointed I missed out on the Amazon preorder, but got mine from game stop. Now it seems like I actually lucked out.

Been playing Zelda for like 5 hours straight... I like the switch, although my left joycon doesn't "snap". This morning it didn't turn on automatically and the wrist strap goes doesn't stop it slides in, resulting in the joycon sticking out by a good 3 inches. My guess, when the battery runs out, I might need to get a new one. But, will see... no else is reporting this, so it's likely user error. On the plus side, the pro controller has been pretty good.

I want to say it needs more games, but I'm playing Zelda instead of For Honor and Horizons... so, the one game they do have, is pretty cool.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Was a bit disappointed I missed out on the Amazon preorder, but got mine from game stop. Now it seems like I actually lucked out.

Been playing Zelda for like 5 hours straight... I like the switch, although my left joycon doesn't "snap". This morning it didn't turn on automatically and the wrist strap goes doesn't stop it slides in, resulting in the joycon sticking out by a good 3 inches. My guess, when the battery runs out, I might need to get a new one. But, will see... no else is reporting this, so it's likely user error. On the plus side, the pro controller has been pretty good.

I want to say it needs more games, but I'm playing Zelda instead of For Honor and Horizons... so, the one game they do have, is pretty cool.
    The only issue I had with the JoyCons was those little extra plastic edge covers they give you. So like, when you're using the JoyCon alone, you're suppose to slide that extra round edge over it so it feels more comfortable?

I was trying to take it off and accidentally ripped a chunk of my nail off in the process. Granted, my nail was a bit longer than it should have been, so it didn't cause any pain or anything, and no damage on the controller. But geez, that required a bit of force to separate, and I know I was disconnecting it correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The only issue I had with the JoyCons was those little extra plastic edge covers they give you. So like, when you're using the JoyCon alone, you're suppose to slide that extra round edge over it so it feels more comfortable?

I was trying to take it off and accidentally ripped a chunk of my nail off in the process. Granted, my nail was a bit longer than it should have been, so it didn't cause any pain or anything, and no damage on the controller. But geez, that required a bit of force to separate, and I know I was disconnecting it correctly.
    Yes, I think that's similar to what happened to mine. Snaps to console and the grip seemingly fine, but the left one and the strap don't seem to like each other. Maybe it's not user error...

I want to say I had no sync issues at least, but I used the joycons while disconnected for maybe 5 min. Still... go Nintendo? My hope it replaced the 3DS and it's the end of Nintendo as a console manufacturer. Their business model cannot compete with Sony or MS...

I did already get into this Zelda more than the others. It might just be lack of hub world and tossing you right into the action, but I like it. The high grass frame rate drop isn't bad, but far worse than any review I've read.
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-03-05 at 04:21 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I buy nearly everything possible from Amazon. Ive never had an issue. If I dont like it, I can send it back for free with Prime. It saves me so much time and effort. I recently discovered Amazon Basics. Amazing stuff for very cheap. It would take a series of issues for me to stop using Amazon.

I've had issues with the third party sellers more than Amazon themselves :P I also have an active prime membership. I love it! Lots of... okay... movies on amazon instant, free 2-day shipping, and 20% off on preorders for video games. I've never had issues with Amazon's shipping at all. No lost or late items. And I order A LOT of stuff. I think I've ordered 5-10 things in the last few months. Varying from Skyrim to cat scratch guards for my couch to ketone sticks (I'm a type 1 Diabetic at the end of flu season, Walmart was out.)

My mom's been a member a lot longer than I have, and she barely has issues, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does seem like something is going on. I've had two orders with delayed shipments, and one that didn't even ship at all. I had to call support to get it shipped.