Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    What if the entire expansion is set inside a city?
    You mean like how about 1/3rd of terrain from guild wars factions was set in city ? Kaineng (or whatever it was called) was probably my favourite biome from that game so sure why not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aketus View Post
    I wonder is it canon in OW also, since in several places you can see computers with HS. and if HS is a thing in OW, is WoW also?

OT: Nothing stops blizz from taking some interesting parts of HS into WoW's lore, but question is why would they? Example of Sha humanoid is irrelevant to WoW's lore atm, since Yshraaj's storyline was opened and closed in MoP, so it would serve 0 purpose to bring something like that into the game at this point.

Sure, nothing stops Blizz from creating a mysterious card in HS, which is later revealed in WoW. But at this point, I find it highly unlikely. Since next expansion most likely will deal with Old Gods, timing to tease with something OG-related would have been in Whispers of the Old Gods-card set, but theres nothing there which would fit. And no, lightbringer Rag isn't going to happen.
    overwatch has blizzard
    blizzard is a extreamly popular gaming company in the overwatch universe, they have hearthstone, wow, and starcraft, we know they dont have heros of the storm or overwatch... >_> and they may not have diablo, instead they have heros of the storm like arcade games
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that would be viable, at least not for a traditional, full price, "raise the level cap," deal.

I mean, maybe if it was a Coruscant sort of deal where Argus was mostly just a giant city, for example, and there was a huge amount of variety between districts. But even in WoW, there's no way you could have a city like Gadgetzan, even expanded to cover all of Tanaris, and make a whole expansion out of it.

Now, if it were something like, say, a $20 mini-expansion that doesn't raise the level cap, but adds a few new zones, some new reputations, a bunch of world quests, some new dungeons, and a raid tier or two... maybe that could work.

No.

Virtually everything in Hearthstone is a fucking joke. They even teased this by making the new Karazhan reference this stupid shit they did in Hearthstone with it.

I don't want the stupid goofy bullshit from HS infecting WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I highly doubt they'd reveal any relevant WoW lore through Hearthstone as Hearthstone is essentially meta-fictional itself (e.g. fictional within the fiction of WoW). There might be a few oblique revelations such as the depiction of N'Zoth in the Old Gods Hearthstone expansion - but that would probably be the limit of Hearthstone informing WoW.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-03-03 at 09:25 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

... It's just a Jinyu corrupted by the Sha. Nothing new, we had that in MOP.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2017-03-03 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be very interesting to see if it were possible to make a city large enough that it could serve as the setting for an expansion. A city the size of the Broken Isles, with numerous different districts and regions, would be quite the undertaking, even more difficult to achieve than natural environments in many ways. But something like Azjol-Nerub, a massive city-state covering a huge area, would definitely be an amazing sight (and an amazing site HOOO PUN).

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    What about something specifically like Shaku, from the OP? Is there really anything especially goofy about his concept, a manifestation of Y'Shaarj that is intelligent, as opposed to the more monstrous Sha?

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    ... It's just a Jinyu corrupted by the Sha. Nothing new, we had that in MOP.
    Nope. Shaku is described explicitly as a Sha entity who has a higher degree of sentience compared to the other Sha.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Sha...Collector#Lore

I would have preferred it being just a Humanoid (Maybe a Jinyu or Mogu or Mantid or Hozen) corrupted so thoroughly by the Sha that they basically lost all of their 'humanity,' rather than just a Humanoid-looking Sha. And their corruption kept them alive since the mists first went up around Pandaria. That would have been an intriguing idea, but the powerful Sha are gone and the lesser ones will dissipate soon, if not already have, due to the heart's dissolution.

That is one of the very few ideas from Hearthstone that isn't completely stupid, I'll give you that.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-03-03 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Well apparently Sir Finley Mrrgglton, a Stormheim questgiver in Legion, is a Hearthstone transplant into WoW. So I guess there is a precedent set for emerging Hearthstone/WoW characters.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well apparently Sir Finley Mrrgglton, a Stormheim questgiver in Legion, is a Hearthstone transplant into WoW. So I guess there is a precedent set for emerging Hearthstone/WoW characters.
    I wouldn't mind seeing more. Like Kaza "Kazakus, fresh from kazakus" kus, man whos main strenght is ability to send himself in mail.

No.

Virtually everything in Hearthstone is a fucking joke. They even teased this by making the new Karazhan reference this stupid shit they did in Hearthstone with it.

I guess you just bad at the game, no reason to be so salty otherwise.

HS is basically a fantasy universe inside Azeroth. So new Gadzetan is definetly canon, while crime bosses and their minions probably not (although some of them might be).

I guess you just bad at the game, no reason to be so salty otherwise.
    Dang you caught me.

HS is basically a fantasy universe inside Azeroth. So new Gadzetan is definetly canon, while crime bosses and their minions probably not (although some of them might be).
    Except its not, that's not how logic works.

Dang you caught me.

Except its not, that's not how logic works.
    It is and it's not.

If I recall properly, when talking about Mean Streets, the Heartstone team is roughly moving the story forward. Forget the details of things like is Shaku specifically a character hanging around Gadzetan, but rather modern Gadetzan is in the midst of a gang war run by the three gangs we see in Mean Streets.

The WOW team likes the idea of Hearthstone helping to tell the overall WOW story, because there is next to zero chance they are going to pour any resources into make Gadetzan into the large city you see in Heartstone.

Does that make it officially canon, probably not but it does seem to be he story that WOW would love to officially tell about Gadetzan in the in game setting, but will never have the time and resources to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Exactly! If they ever revamp Darkshire to the extent they did with Gadgetzan, it could become the 'Innsmouth' of WoW.
    I'd rather see a new coastal town in an old god expansion as an "innsmouth" where humans turn into murlocs at dusk like humans did into worgen in pyrewood.

The Sha no longer spawn, but those in existence didn't magically fade away. They're just doomed to extinction.

That said, Hearthstone isn't lore. It's based on lore, and then taken in all sorts of crazy directions. A Sha unfortunately is but a dark echo. They are but aspects of corrupted emotion, not fully fledged characters that can be sustainable in the real world for long.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is one of the very few ideas from Hearthstone that isn't completely stupid, I'll give you that.
    That's essentially the kind of thing I want to mine Hearthstone for. I have no personal objection to Hearthstone's style and goofiness, but I appreciate it as a separate beast from WoW itself. I want the more serious creative elements and concepts of Hearthstone that expand upon existing WoW concepts to migrate back into WoW, not the sillier stuff.

The sauropod dinosaurs introduced in the new Un'Goro expansion are another example - we haven't seen that variety of dinosaur-beast yet in WoW, but I've wanted to since Thunder Isle. I hope we do see those someday, maybe encountered during a trip to Zandalar before it sinks completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing more. Like Kaza "Kazakus, fresh from kazakus" kus, man whos main strenght is ability to send himself in mail.
    Kazakus and the Kabal actually are an element that I wouldn't mind seeing translated over in some capacity. They're like an even less scrupulous incarnation of the Scryers. Kazakus as a freaky renegade zandalari troll (also possibly demon, possibly dragon, possibly something else) is a cool character in his own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Does that make it officially canon, probably not but it does seem to be he story that WOW would love to officially tell about Gadetzan in the in game setting, but will never have the time and resources to do so.
    It makes sense that WoW Gadgetzan would develop along somewhat similar lines. The concept of Gadgetzan expanding into a major port hub is a solid one, as is the idea that it becomes rife with ne'er-do-wells and crime groups (it's a goblin burg, after all...)

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    I'd rather see a new coastal town in an old god expansion as an "innsmouth" where humans turn into murlocs at dusk like humans did into worgen in pyrewood.
    I always did think Pyrewood was cool... in any case I would love a town that is set up to be a big shout-out to Innsmouth, basically a creepy Old God worshiping township with all kinds of dark corners and shady goings-on is something that would be welcome. Maybe Darkshire could be involved in a kind of 'Whispers of the Old God' holiday, and for two weeks a year it just gets overwhelmed with eldritch power and everyone sprouts creepy tentacles.

Hell, 'Whispers' would make a cool world-wide holiday event.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The Sha no longer spawn, but those in existence didn't magically fade away. They're just doomed to extinction.

That said, Hearthstone isn't lore. It's based on lore, and then taken in all sorts of crazy directions. A Sha unfortunately is but a dark echo. They are but aspects of corrupted emotion, not fully fledged characters that can be sustainable in the real world for long.
    The whole idea is to expand on existing lore with concepts inspired from Hearthstone. WoW's Sha currently don't have any canon manifestations like Shaku, but there's no reason that couldn't change. Perhaps Shaku is sustaining his existence somehow in spite of the destruction of Y'Shaarj's heart - that could make for an interesting storyline. Hearthstone lore says that he is thousands of years old and connected with Emperor Shaohao in some way - personally, I wanna know more about that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about adding something to holiday events - patches the pirate world boss during pirates day. Drops reins of patches the pirate and mini-patches. Now you are in chaaaaaarge.

The best way to describe Hearthstone to World of Warcraft is... Hearthstone at times is like a spoof of World of Warcraft. Although it uses all the lore, characters and more they do not follow the canon storyline in place of World of Warcraft.
    Like spoofs of Star Wars, or any other big franchise... It uses the lore, characters and whatnot but doesn't basically follow the storyline or plot given in of Star Wars.

Woah, the number of people who keep repeating "Hearthstone isn't canon" like broken recorders. The guy asked you "What if it WAS?". Obviously, not the whole of it. Just whatever makes sense. What if it WAS? What's so wrong, seriously?

OT: As long as they don't turn WoW into a parody as well, I am all up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Woah, the number of people who keep repeating "Hearthstone isn't canon" like broken recorders. The guy asked you "What if it WAS?". Obviously, not the whole of it. Just whatever makes sense. What if it WAS? What's so wrong, seriously?

OT: As long as they don't turn WoW into a parody as well, I am all up for it.
    WoW had a lot of goofy jokes and easter eggs since day one, so I'd say Hearthstone was inspired by that. And I also like that they kinda move overall story forward a little bit. Wonder what HS expansion will be after Un'goro.