Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Pro Trump supporters attacked at Berkeley

Pro Trump supporters where attacked by lefties (anti Trump supporters), at Berkeley on Saturday.

Some shoving and punching occurred and police were trying to maintain order.

The pro-Trump forces were trying to march through the city but were facing resistance from counter protesters.

The East Bay Times reported there were several incidents in which protesters were punched and at least one case where someone was pepper sprayed.

Seems its not safe to openly support President Trump in the USA. Which is a bit sad.

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/03/...h-in-berkeley/

KCBS radio reported that at least some of the counter protesters appear to be members of Black Bloc, a group that UC Berkeley officials blamed for many of the problems on campus last month.

The self-described anarchists or antifascists have left school and law enforcement agencies struggling to cope with their tactics.

Eva Peters, a mother of four from Danville and a Trump supporter, complained about a lack of police response to the fights breaking out. “I don’t think they did anything but they’re damned if they do damned if they don’t,” she said. “These people are violent,” she said, referring to the anti-Trump contingent. She carried a can of pepper spray and held a sign saying “Trump saving USA.”

Daniel Meiers said he came from Sacramento to defend the president against critics. “They want to justify political violence against people, saying when anyone disagrees they are a Nazi,” he said, referring to the anti-Trump protesters.

At Trump Tower, a couple hundred supporters gathered and chanted “U-S-A” and held signs with messages such as: “Yes he is our president.”

These nice people at Berkeley where attacked by anarchists & antifascists

Deleted
    Looks like you got a case of "Stormcloaks" too.

Pro Trump supporters where attacked by lefties
    The self-described anarchists or antifascists
    Um, these are not the same things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Um, these are not the same things.
    Didn't you get the memo? Not a radical Trump fanatic = leftwing communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's totally not safe to openly support Trump. So not safe that 63 million people openly supported him on November 8th!

Poor Trump supporters... They are so oppressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    It's fun to see the usual terrible people come out in favour of violence when it's done to a group they dislike

Way to go on the ethics there kids

Deleted
    Not that I want to defend violent anti protesters, but doing a march like that seems like you'd know what you were doing, and it worked unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Not that I want to defend violent anti protesters, but doing a march like that seems like you'd know what you were doing, and it worked unfortunately.
    Does that mean people protesting Trump are just waiting for a chop to the throat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Does that mean people protesting Trump are just waiting for a chop to the throat?
    If they were smart enough, probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    O’er the land of the free
    and the home of the brave?

If they were smart enough, probably.
    Honest question. Why can't people March in support of Trump?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Maybe left-wingers should stop tacitly condoning attacks on Trump supporters, or other right-wingers, and people will stop conflating the two groups.

Man it's really weird how people make associations like that, isn't it? You just can't understand it, right?

Deleted
    Honest question. Why can't people March in support of Trump?
    I didn't say they couldn't? I just noted that with recent events, it might not have been the smartest decision.

Attackers were waving flags of USSR,that says everything about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    no, but when you attack other people because of thier views then you are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good these nazis should be attacked. Especially that elderly vet look at him. He should know better.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, victim blaming.

I didn't say they couldn't? I just noted that with recent events, it might not have been the smartest decision.
    There's never a time where marching in support of your president should end in violence against you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    When did they say they couldn't?
    The promise of violence if they march?

There's never a time where marching in support of your president should end in violence against you.
    there is when the other party didnt like that person apparently, if this had happened to obama marchs then there would be blood in the water and manhunts for the attackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Maybe left-wingers should stop tacitly condoning attacks on Trump supporters, or other right-wingers, and people will stop conflating the two groups.

Man it's really weird how people make associations like that, isn't it? You just can't understand it, right?
    Not really weird. Dumb people have been doing dumb generalizations for millennia, it isn't something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Attackers were waving flags of USSR,that says everything about them.
    Lol, to hint at Trump being Putin's man and helped into office by Putin, not in support of USSR. My fucking god.