Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Where did Light's Heart go?

Walking around my order hall a few minutes ago, when I realized something was off.
    Light's Heart was missing.

Has this happened to anyone else? I don't remember there being any mention of it going somewhere.
    It should be noted I am in the Warlock classhall, I've downed Gul'dan and finished all the Sewagemar quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Light's Heart is still present in my Order Hall - but I haven't cleared the Nighthold just yet. Perhaps it is despawned after the events of the Nighthold? According to the WoWPedia article it sounds like Light's Heart is consumed when Illidan is freed.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-03-03 at 02:53 AM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She leaves once you finish up the Illidan soul quest chain. Not sure where shes at but that's why she's gone.

Wasnt there a plan to fuse Xe'ra and Illidan? As the child of light and shadow, it would make sense for him to have a bit of a Naaru (Light's heart) and Sargeras (Gul'dan's try to put Sargeras into Illidan's body) in him. Doesnt Khadgar bring the Light's heart with him to the Nighthold with a hope to transfer Xe'ra into Illidan's body to prevent Gul'dan's work?

Anyway, Xe'ra's mission is done. Illidan has returned and knows what must be done.

15+ Year Old Account
    I took it....my bad, I put it back, really go look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I took it....my bad, I put it back, really go look.
    What if I don't really want it back? Can we do an equal or lesser value trade, like you keep Light's Heart and give me a stack of Runescale Koi instead?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    What if I don't really want it back? Can we do like an equal or lesser value trade, like you keep Light's Heart and give me like a stack of Runescale Koi instead?
    No, its too late I put it back, you no take Koi!

If you paid more attention to the quests you were doing you'd know. It was used to bring Illidan back in Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If you paid more attention to the quests you were doing you'd know. It was used to bring Illidan back in Nighthold.
    I'd rather have the annoying sanctimonious wind chime in my Order Hall than have Marty Stu-idan back in the game. That entire plotline is super deus ex machina lameness.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    There was a quest for that? I just remember getting Illidan's soul, then taking it to Khadgar and that was it. There was no quest to actual go get Illidan's body or anything. Did I miss something? The fangirl isn't in my class hall anymore either.

This is how you know that the Illidan storyline was a patchwork of utter nonsense to try and bring him back to life for fanservice. Xe'ra flatout said she would keep Illidan's soul inside of...itself? until we found his body, which he then gets used to be resurrected.

However anybody can do the Nighthold raid, even if you hadn't started the quest. Xe'ra isn't in the raid nor in the cutscene where he's resurrected. He just shows back up and is alive. Which makes no fucking sense.

WoW story in a nutshell in the last two expansions. No fucking sense. Who needs logic when you have fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    There was a quest for that? I just remember getting Illidan's soul, then taking it to Khadgar and that was it. There was no quest to actual go get Illidan's body or anything. Did I miss something? The fangirl isn't in my class hall anymore either.
    In the quest that you get Illidan's soul from Helheim ("The once and future Lord of Shadow"), you returned the soul prism with Illidan's soul to the Light Heart. The quest text upon completion said that "<Light's Heart illuminates brightly and seemingly consumes the Soul Prism.>". In the next part of the quest chain ("The Night Hold"), it's said that "Illidan's soul rests safely within Light's Heart. Take this vessel and deliver it to Khadgar with the following instructions: When Gul'dan attempts to tear the sky asunder and bring the dark titan into our world, call forth the power of this vessel and release Illidan's soul into his body".

Seeing that in a previous step ("Awakenings"), the Light Heart told us that "Light's Heart is to serve as the vessel for Illidan Stormrage's rebirth: my last act of service to the Light", unless Blizzard is going to pull a plot twist with the Light Heart not being as holistic as it appeared, it's fair to assume that the Light Heart was loss in the process of releasing Illidan's soul back into his body. After all, it was just a remnant core of Xe'ra sent to us by Turalyon as a last resort, it *might* not have been supposed to exist / live for long.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    However anybody can do the Nighthold raid, even if you hadn't started the quest. Xe'ra isn't in the raid nor in the cutscene where he's resurrected. He just shows back up and is alive. Which makes no fucking sense.
    The Light Heart was what Khadgar was channeling his spell into when he yelled "Time to return the demon hunter's soul into his body, and deny the Legion's master a host!", which was splitting said spell into 4 beams (Holy, Fel, Arcane and Shadow colored) into Illidan near the end of the fight. I can understand the confusion because it looked a lot smaller than it was inside the class halls (and people understandably don't pay much attention to Khadgar in middle of the fight), but it was there. I'm not at home so I can't find a SS, but you can see it in Method M-Gul'dan vid at around 9:44 (look at bottom of the screen near his action bar)
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-03-05 at 09:49 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Light's Heart is still in my order hall as a Paladin after finishing the Illidan questline.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    She leaves once you finish up the Illidan soul quest chain. Not sure where shes at but that's why she's gone.
    You combine Light's Heart with Illidan's soul at the end of the quest chain, so it vanishes from your order hall at that point. Xe'ra is dead btw...Light's Heart is just the core. We used it as a container for Illidan's soul. And the Xe'ra quest chain has us interacting with a memory of Xe'ra, not Xe'ra herself.

The Light Heart was what Khadgar was channeling his spell into when he yelled "Time to return the demon hunter's soul into his body, and deny the Legion's master a host!", which was splitting said spell into 4 beams (Holy, Fel, Arcane and Shadow colored) into Illidan near the end of the fight. I can understand the confusion because it looked a lot smaller than it was inside the class halls (and people understandably don't pay much attention to Khadgar in middle of the fight), but it was there. I'm not at home so I can't find a SS, but you can see it in Method M-Gul'dan vid at around 9:44 (look at bottom of the screen near his action bar)
    Was it? I dont remember even seeing it.

If it was, they should have at least had Khadgar mention it. Its kind of a big deal.

People honestly need to stop just auto accepting quests and read the information presented on the the quest itself, for a sake of few seconds reading the text it actually explains things. They also need to understand what they are doing like handing the Soul Prism to Light's Heart itself, you don't just give it to anyone without cause in the game...
    People complaining about the fact it doesn't make sense is basically because your old habits don't allow you to enjoy the content and see what's actually happening in the lore. @Qualia explained it and shows exactly what has happened quite clearly. Of course I get the raid with Khadgar isn't something you can stop and admire but it also comes to light that Mythic probably provides a better jist of the lore but there are a more of videos with mythic kills now.

As for Paladin's class hall having it, for me personally I can interact with it and redo the Illidan perspective of the raid so I wonder if that's a bug. My char I see it on is boosted which could be part of the reasoning. I know I have asked others and it is no longer there.