Poll: Strongest DPS class overall for Nighthold?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to know which idiots voted for mage.

I remember the beginning of the xpack. ''Fury sucks! Go prot or play Arms!'' ''Fury's bad! We need big buffs or we will never be viable!!'' ''Fury doesn't scale this time! Reroll!''

Well, who's laughting now? Sure, we're propped up by the sweet, sweet Draught, but I'm still happy sticking with my spec paid dividends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Anyone that said mage is the 'Strongest class' is a fucking moron.
    OP mage trying to deny their potential right here.

voted warrior purely because of how strong they are on the last 3 bosses, I think DHs and Frost are pretty good though, probably very close to eachother but I'd give the edge to DHs.

Honestly you need another option for "whichever class has their BiS legendaries".

I'm a Frost DK, and yet I get trounced because the only legendaries I have are Prydaz and Sephuz. Really hate the legendary system makes such a huge difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    "Sounds like someone took my statement too seriously...

I was joking dude...

I'm not insulting them, I was referencing shit from Nixxiom's DH vid..."

Seems like someone needs to read. Also, Paladin's don't really require skill, that was also part of the joke....

Wanna keep on crying? I don't care about what class anyone plays, all I care about is making class tropes for fun. For example:

Druids do the lowest DPS, while watching beastiality, or paladin's are the biggest weebs ever, and so forth.

Sorry if I got you triggered mate. However, then again, I am the KING of making people shit themselves over what I say. If you want to cry over what I say, atleast look at the words I say after-ward before you start your temper.

- - - Updated - - -

^

Now, this...this is true.
    You're just mad lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior/DH because rally/darkness are really fucking strong raid cooldowns with DK falling shortly after.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90

No need to ask when we have actual data. o/
    I like how SV is in top 4 with only 500 parses compared to other classes with over 15k.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    You're just mad lol.
    No. I'm just telling the truth that you're trying to avoid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Assassination for melee, shadow for ranged.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Deleted
    Rogues. ST damage is great, survivability is hands down the best. Countless times rogues have got the kill cause everyone else is dead by 2% or something. Always the last dead. So yeah Rogues

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    There you go, thats it right? all the op has to do now is go get a frost DK and switch to that and he will top the metters. Done! Insta Nighthold farm.

This isnt even acounting that droping that chart alone and not even making any considerations in regards of the origin of the sample, its focus and how that compares to the OP status (which he/she doesnt say btw, if hes mythic progression or lfr only we cant tell).

Thats just "elyte master of internetz forum analysis" at its finest.
    Yeah, but that data is based upon tens of thousands of parses. There is no player that has experienced even a hundred parses in NH yet.......

That being said, it is still just a sim.

The fact is, you do the best you can. There is so many things that come into play including things like lag, comp specs, internet speed, etc, that it is impossible to account for all the variables.

You can only do the best you can with what you have....

Your Dps meter might not line exactly up with the parses, but if you pick the top parsing class and it is controlled by a good player that has the proper gear and knows the encounter you can be sure that they will be close to the top.

melee: dh
    range: mage

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Hunters......
    Yea no, except spellblade.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Indeed but you are completely ignoring the fact that in order to meet this conditions you would have needed to make that choice months ago. In legion, more than in any other expansion, its harder to switch specs (let alone classes) without lowering your contribution to progression a great deal.

Thats the point if you ask me. Whats the best class/spec? the one you have the most AP on + 2 output legendaries + highest ilvl + 4 peace set + trinkets. And even then only you have ALL those things then you can say one is better for only for single target dps. Change one variable and the hole thing collapses.

What I tried to express in an internet kind of way was: People like to drop charts, metters, sims and all kinds of "data" as evidence for answering question such as: what is the best spec for nighthold progression. When in reality all those charts mean very little.

If you are a raider chances are you already have a "main" class/spec. That class/spec probably has the most AP and at least 2 legendaries. Thats the character you are most familiar with (probably, trying to avoid stating absolute facts here) so it stands to reason thats the character best suited to aid your guild in progressing.

You want your guild to progress faster and further? Pick a class/spec you like and stick with it. Gear the best way you can and be on time for raids, learn the fights and stick with the group as all learn together the mechanics of each encounter. All that min/maxing of classes and specs only holds ground for those insane people who do world 1st stuff. Approximately 99.3% (rounded up) of the players need not worry so much about such things.
    I agree with you. I don't really sim. I stick with a class/ spec and after each fight I review the logs to see what I did well and where I can improve. I wouldn't drop my class unless it was totally broken and i couldn't raid with it.

You have to understand though, players that aren't on a team and have to pug a lot are affected by those things.

Think about this:

A player is leading a pug and needs 2 dps. He gets 5 applications in the pre made finder, all around the same ilevel. There is a frost mage and a frost dk in the group of apps. The leader knows they are parsing high in NH. The other three applicants are class/ specs that are parsing on the lower side.

Who do you think he will pick?

I am not saying who is right or wrong (I would argue the parses don't matter unless you are pushing high end progression) but these things do affect even lower end raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by xfreeder View Post
    melee: dh
    range: mage
    Sorry, have you not played since 7.1.5? Mage is pretty trash. Hunters/Warlock/Priests are all better than mage.

This whole "Mage is op/strong thing" is so stupid. People are just assuming cause they were strong in EN, they're strong now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure View Post
    Yea no, except spellblade.
    No, yea. See how that works? Bring evidence to your claims.

Only real contest is between DH, DK, and Warr. Not sure if the other classes getting votes are from dumb people or salty people.
    Hi Sephurik

Mage, definitely mage.