Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Is it true that his weak spot damage is also reduced by Ironclad? That sounds a bit...ridiculous honestly. It's meant to be a spot that he dies if they get to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Is it true that his weak spot damage is also reduced by Ironclad? That sounds a bit...ridiculous honestly. It's meant to be a spot that he dies if they get to.
    Yeah, it does. A Tracer can unload her entire clip into his weakspot and he won't go down. On the other hand, that Bastion can instantly turn around and mow down that Tracer a fraction of the time it would take her to do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    The only thing I'd really want to see changed on Bastion is that he stops self repairing once he takes damage. Doesn't reset his meter or anything, it just breaks his channel.
    That would be good in my opinion as well. His current self heal is way too powerful as it is. You can basically just spam heal yourself through so many ultimates, it's retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    That would be good in my opinion as well. His current self heal is way too powerful as it is. You can basically just spam heal yourself through so many ultimates, it's retarded.
    And that's the current problem. I can launch a full clip of Pharah missiles into him and he won't have a dent. And surviving ultimates is just absurd.

In its current state I rather deal with an ultimating Bastion than when he's in Sentry mode.

Deleted
    Rofl. Classic Blizzard
    - Okay, guys, this class/spec is under represented and weak, we need to buff it.
    ...buffs...
    - Okay, guys, we overdid it with this class/spec, it's too strong now, we need to nerf it.
    ...nerfs...
    - Okay, guys, the class/spec is still too strong, we need to...aww, hell just roll everything back.
    ...everything back how it was...
    - What now?
    - Ok, let's play FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I didn't even know he had a weak spot during turret mode, just found out that it's that blue core he has attached to his back side. Does he also have a weak spot while in his ultimate form?

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem with him was his just sitting through ults, and not even necessarily stopping to heal. The nerf to Ironclad should fix this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I didn't even know he had a weak spot during turret mode, just found out that it's that blue core he has attached to his back side. Does he also have a weak spot while in his ultimate form?
    Nope. Only the turret has a weak spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Nope. Only the turret has a weak spot.
    Recon mode head is a crit spot too.

I played him recently, he's pretty fricking ridiculous. Not sure if this was before or after the 35% - 20% nerf on Ironclad, which is a fairly minor nerf IMO.

I don't know if I'd say OP, I think he's OP in the same way Symmetra still is - if you have an uncoordinated team a half-decent Symm or Bastion will devastate them. Of course, that's like 80%+ of all games unless you're Grand Master or something. So "git gud" isn't really much of a defence.

I think that in general heroes that punish the entire team if they have a few idiots are intrinsically a bad idea for open team games like Overwatch. They sure make life miserable in HoTS...

Well, guess I'm playing Bastion this season. Can't complain, now he can repair on the run he's a lot of fun. And I've hardly played him since beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I played him recently, he's pretty fricking ridiculous. Not sure if this was before or after the 35% - 20% nerf on Ironclad, which is a fairly minor nerf IMO.

I don't know if I'd say OP, I think he's OP in the same way Symmetra still is - if you have an uncoordinated team a half-decent Symm or Bastion will devastate them. Of course, that's like 80%+ of all games unless you're Grand Master or something. So "git gud" isn't really much of a defence.

I think that in general heroes that punish the entire team if they have a few idiots are intrinsically a bad idea for open team games like Overwatch. They sure make life miserable in HoTS...

Well, guess I'm playing Bastion this season. Can't complain, now he can repair on the run he's a lot of fun. And I've hardly played him since beta.
    I notice in comp if someone picks bastion and the team doesn't have a reinhardt, people complain that hes useless and need to pick something else, like they do with widow/hanzo. Isn't his non sentry mode(where he runs around) better than soldier now? And soldier is pretty much a mandatory pick on both offense/defense
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    I notice in comp if someone picks bastion and the team doesn't have a reinhardt, people complain that hes useless and need to pick something else, like they do with widow/hanzo. Isn't his non sentry mode(where he runs around) better than soldier now? And soldier is pretty much a mandatory pick on both offense/defense
    Which is annoying, especially since people are complaining how Bastion is OP - and clips show Bastion having 1+ healers on his ass, but who cares about those anyways, right?

Just don't want them to reduce Bastion back to useless where it wasn't even allowed to think about picking Bastion unless half of the team is built around him. All the time I see people demanding the removal of Ironclad completely, what then? Prevent healing under fire as well? We'd just end up having original Bastion with awful accuracy and no head-shots modifier.. well.. sure he'd have 100 extra clips, but yay?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Recon mode head is a crit spot too.
    And is such a large target, characters like Reaper and Roadhog can eat him alive with their shotguns.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Dunno about better, pretty darn close to Soldier though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Yeah, it does. A Tracer can unload her entire clip into his weakspot and he won't go down. On the other hand, that Bastion can instantly turn around and mow down that Tracer a fraction of the time it would take her to do that.
    Didn't they remove his weakspot awhile back? Or nerf it to just normal headshot damage bonus?

Ironclad at 35% gave Bastion an effective 800 HP while a turret/tank. 20% gives Bastion 720 effective HP while a turret/tank. He still isn't at the ol' 1000 effective HP that late-beta Bastion turret had, but then again, he doesn't have the 3x damage weakspot anymore - It was nerfed to either 2x, or all the way down to 1.5x damage bonus.

Personally, I would have change his self-heal, while a turret, to act like the old self heal. Recon self-heal is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Ironclad at 35% gave Bastion an effective 800 HP while a turret/tank. 20% gives Bastion 720 effective HP while a turret/tank.
    Wait what? What math pattern did you follow?

Bastion is fine. Half of Bastions balance is Sombra being viable. Now people cant just dump a clip on Bastion and call it cleared. You can dump a few clips or notice Sombra isnt that bad anymore. Let's be honest though kids will blame anyone and everything other than themselves for why they feel all is wrong with the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Wait what? What math pattern did you follow?
    Bastion has 600 effective HP with his baseline health+armor. 600*1.35=810. While this isn't 100% precise, it IS a safe ballpark - Most ults deal damage in the 600-800 range. Same thing with 20% - 600*1.2.

Of course, my math could easily be mistaken - Armor does have a natural 50% damage reduction. If this is the case, I will need to recalculate. Stand by while I check.

Yea, I was off - It has been a while since I played Bastion, so I thought he had 200 baseline HP, and 200 armor, giving him 600 hp. Instead, its 200 baseline HP, and 100 armor, so 400 effective health. The damage reduction is also applied after armor's damage reduction. So yea, math is off.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2017-03-05 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I don't think so. It will take players a week to adjust but he's easily countered. He's just not a sitting duck now.
    If you pocketed a Bastion with a mercy, he was unkillable. If Bastion was using his heal while a nanoboosted genji was hitting him, he couldnt die. If you use your Hanzo alt on him while hes healing, He can't die. Ontop of doing great damage and having a near bottomless magazine he's extremely overpowered, every team has a bastion now and it wasn't a matter of waiting for people to learn, every team was playing around their bastion.

The main issue is having people who don't know how to properly play these characters tell people they aren't overpowered and they are acting as if he's just like Bastion at launch when it comes to counters, when it was just adjusting to it, its different this time. Go watch some streamers, especially people higher up and you can see that bastion destroyed the meta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Bastion is fine. Half of Bastions balance is Sombra being viable. Now people cant just dump a clip on Bastion and call it cleared. You can dump a few clips or notice Sombra isnt that bad anymore. Let's be honest though kids will blame anyone and everything other than themselves for why they feel all is wrong with the world.
    Having to roll Sombra just to counter and focus one hero for the match is stupid shit. Bastion is not fine. Im all for the nerfs, maybe it will make watching it more fun too.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2017-03-05 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yea, I was off - It has been a while since I played Bastion, so I thought he had 200 baseline HP, and 200 armor, giving him 600 hp. Instead, its 200 baseline HP, and 100 armor, so 400 effective health. The damage reduction is also applied after armor's damage reduction. So yea, math is off.
    Hehe, yeah - tho armor isn't straight 50% damage reduction, stuff like Pulse Bomb for example only get their damage reduced from 400 to 395. So, enough to one-shot Bastion with his 20% damage reduction in Sentry/Tank form.

"Whenever armor takes damage, it reduces the damage by half, but not by more than 5 damage per individual hit. This makes weapons that deal more than 10 damage per hit more effective at damaging armor, because more gets through with each attack. Critical hits double damage before any armor reduction."